Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

This c***s no getting it.
So what happens if Albion win all their games 

And realistically what are the chances of that ?? 
Was just about to say what Neilly said.

I don't think you're grasping the "in your own hands thing"
Its still very much in your own hands. Beat rovers and lose every other hand as long as Albion lose every other game.
Draw with them and if nothing changes before it, THEN its out your own hands.

Struth. It isn't difficult. If either team wins all their games, they stay up. 

More realistically, if we maintain equal points with Albion in other games, it all comes down to the head to head at Shielfield. 

The key for me though, is that Albion have stopped leaking goals. (1 in 4, I think). You'd pick their defence over ours. 

Saturday will likely see a big swing one way or another. 

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:35, HibeeJibee said:

As I see it we've got a mini-season of 9 games still to play. We should look at it as a fresh start, clean slate, whatever.

We start 2pts ahead of Albion Rovers. We've an extra game than Albion Rovers (against QP). We don't have to play Cowdenbeath - they don't have to play Stirling.

We've the same number of home games left but the head-to-head is at Shielfield.

It's clearly a time for deep concern and a steeling of resolve, but not for panic.

Update: probably time for...

1658233.gif

11 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Struth. It isn't difficult. If either team wins all their games, they stay up. 

More realistically, if we maintain equal points with Albion in other games, it all comes down to the head to head at Shielfield. 

The key for me though, is that Albion have stopped leaking goals. (1 in 4, I think). You'd pick their defence over ours. 

Saturday will likely see a big swing one way or another. 

Never mind how many goals they have conceded they have picked up 10 points from twelve and can realistically see them picking up another 4 from there next 2 fixtures, is on the other hand I think we will just see our goal difference get significantly worse! 

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:50, Jack Burton said:

More often than not the keeper guesses which way to dive in a penalty shootout. Undoubtedly you do have keepers and players that are excellent at saving or taking penalties but over the course of a penalty shootout a fair bit of luck comes into play.

A league season is over 36 games and although dubious decisions ineligible players my impact individual games over the course of the season they won't have a big impact on promotion or relegation. It can have a huge impact over a two legged play off.

32 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Down you get. Off to the English Tyre Fit Northern League Conference Division 9 with you.

TBH I think thats what the League are looking for with the Rovers getting gifted 3 points

TBH I think thats what the League are looking for with the Rovers getting gifted 3 points

Haha what a lot of nonsense!! “Gifted” nothing, they played a player who shouldn’t have being playing, he was involved in the winner so you can’t even argue that he didn’t play a significant part in the game (which is irrelevant anyway).

I would also argue that come the end of the season it probably won’t matter as the gap will be greater than 3 points anyway [emoji1360]

Dress it up whatever way we want, we are in our current position down to the current manager. I said previously the turn around of Stirling was excellent when they appointed KR (surname too much for me) at a similar time to Harvey, and was shot down with the fact he inherited a better squad. Now the turnaround from Albion rovers and Kevin harper has been incredible and he inherited a far lesser side than Harvey did no doubt. The business harper did in January was excellent and I look at the players we brought in, all youngsters on loan who are not proven at this level, one made a couple of sub appearances and went back to raith and one fucked off to America for a month!! Blues scored against Peterhead but hasn’t kicked a ball out with that, aloulou hasn’t kicked a ball atall.  Granted you could say it still in our hands but what’s the likelyhood of us beating Albion in the penultimate game, never mind picking up a win in any the other games. Peterhead last Tuesday was clearly a fluke! Hopefully a miracle can help us out of this and we manage to secure 9th spot because I look at the East Kilbride team and say would any of our players get into their team? No! 

Mr Strength makes a very good point on his twitter feed. 

This isn’t a time for a post mortem, this is a time to turn up in numbers and get behind the players. 

One thing they can’t be excused of is lacking effort.

Felt a positive vibe around Cliftonhill last night and you can see that rubbing off on the pitch. 

Massive six weeks ahead, down but not out just yet.

Come on you Gers.