Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

18 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
19 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
As a complication, remember that Queen's drew with Clyde. A replay raises the possibility that QP could lose the point they won fair and square as well as the two they were awarded.

This place would go into meltdown if we were ordered to replay both games and Clyde won both.

I would go into meltdown for sure.

Not at the possibility of Clyde gaining more points than they 'lost', but at the absolute shambles of the SPFL/SFA.

It seems like another make up the rules as we go along episode.  

Edited by As Easterly as it gets!

3 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

I think there is a huge possibility Clyde will be made to replay both games. 

Don't know about replaying the games but it should have just been a points deduction for them and no one else getting the 3 points imo,

On 18/03/2019 at 16:54, cowdenbeath said:

Don't know about replaying the games but it should have just been a points deduction for them and no one else getting the 3 points imo,

I do agree with this to an extent. Why should other clubs be advantaged/ disadvantaged due to our mistake ? 

What annoys me is the lack of consistency (eg. Hearts in the league cup, Peterhead in League 1 v Ayr both different punishments and ours different again). If the ‘standard’ punishment for such a misdemeanour was a 3-0 loss and was applied consistently, then I’d have no complaints whatsoever. As it is, we have been treated much more severely than recent similar cases and Berwick have suffered collateral damage. 

3 hours ago, sydney said:

What annoys me is the lack of consistency (eg. Hearts in the league cup, Peterhead in League 1 v Ayr both different punishments and ours different again). If the ‘standard’ punishment for such a misdemeanour was a 3-0 loss and was applied consistently, then I’d have no complaints whatsoever. As it is, we have been treated much more severely than recent similar cases and Berwick have suffered collateral damage. 

Clear rules that apply to all leagues and cups need to be drafted, and then consistently applied.

Fielded an ineligible player in a league match? Either a replay, 3-0 loss, or points anullment for the offending team in the case of a draw or win (if a draw like v. QP, the Spiders keep their point). Whichever one of the three it is, I don't care, just apply it consistently.

Fielded an ineligible player in a cup match? If you went through, replay. Next round already played? You cede your prize money of each round to the the team you beat in that respective round starting from the tie in which you fielded the ineligible player. Apply this consistently.

Clear rules that apply to all leagues and cups need to be drafted, and then consistently applied.
Fielded an ineligible player in a league match? Either a replay, 3-0 loss, or points anullment for the offending team in the case of a draw or win (if a draw like v. QP, the Spiders keep their point). Whichever one of the three it is, I don't care, just apply it consistently.
Fielded an ineligible player in a cup match? If you went through, replay. Next round already played? You cede your prize money of each round to the the team you beat in that respective round starting from the tie in which you fielded the ineligible player. Apply this consistently.
That's a far too reasonable and thought out post.

20 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

That's a far too reasonable and thought out post.

Should be adopted immediately, as long as the bigot brothers agree and it doesn’t apply to them as per usual SFA policy 

13 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I see yer man sacked from the social media has landed a job covering Scottish football for Paddy Power emoji23.pngemoji23.png

That's a neat little gig to be fair. I know our former man has both supporters and detractors, but it's undeniable that he has done an amazing job with the social media channels, from live-tweeting to going viral, so I wish him nothing but the best in his role. It's just a shame the divorce ended up being as nasty and has dragged on (is being dragged on by non-BRFC-fans), as that's what people will end up remembering.

Back to fitba, Orru and Brydon anywhere close to getting back to fitness? McIlduff a 'maybe' for Stirling on Saturday?

Two scrappy goals from Berwick there, Peterhead looked absolutely honking. Berwick won't be caring however, a couple more committed performances and they won't have to worry about the play-offs this season.

In my time watching lower league football the best Berwick teams always featured 2-3 guys from the Newcastle / Northern League catchment area- interesting that your manager is looking down there. All about the ££££ though and Berwick aren't in the same league as many Northern League / NPL sides.

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I see yer man sacked from the social media has landed a job covering Scottish football for Paddy Power emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Odds on the length of his stay.

Under a month  - 5/2

Under 3 months - 15/8

Under 6 months - 3/1 

Still there at the end of 2019 - 8/1