Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

51 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

As opposed to an anonymous spot mid to lower table in League 2?

Is this a serious question? We'll gladly accept a voluntary relgation on Cowden's part if you prefer LL fitba over staying in the league.

Building on from BtB's point, if we don't get burnt this season, we are in dire, dire need of something, anything, to avoid a repeat of this season in 19/20.

42 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I think it was Redcar who mentioned on here that he thought we had a fair few winnable games (including last night) left. I had a look at the fixture list last night, but personally I disagree

Before last night we had 2 games v QP, 1 v Stirling and 1 v Albion. I thought they could be targeted as "winnable". 

Now, I don't think we'd beat our own reserves. 

5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Chris McDonald? Came in from Whitley Bay but the travelling proved too much, plays for Morpeth now.

We all know East Stirlingshire still exist, but that is just one club who are now occupying an anonymous spot in midtable LL. Considering BRFC losses, I’m not sure life would be quite as nice for us down there.

Shire tweeted that they are building a war chest for promotion next season... be a ware.

5 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

As opposed to an anonymous spot mid to lower table in League 2?

You mean your position? We would gladly swap as you would have done last season when we beat you 4 times, ach I didn't mean to bring that up again, sorry

Just worth a mention, if we do manage to bring someone in short term and secure our safety, Gary jardine should be high up on the list of managers to bring in long term. The job he did at Edinburgh city and what he is currently doing at civil service is excellent. 

Great shout :-)

5 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

We're in some state. It's hard to see us not going down - we're two points ahead and yet it feels oddly out of out hands. I think it was Redcar who mentioned on here that he thought we had a fair few winnable games (including last night) left. I had a look at the fixture list last night, but personally I disagree. I felt there was only two and wouldn't put my money anywhere near us in either of those. I was gonna post an argument against players from the NE, but really talk of them is ultimately pointless because we're in trouble now and that isn't a solution to solve our immediate issues.

As a person, I quite like Harvey. His positivity throughout a disaster has been admirable, if at times delusional. I've just watched his interview from last night and it was the first time I thought he looked defeated. Personally, I think it's time for change, but even that isn't easy. No immediately obvious candidates spring to mind when, as has been mentioned, experience is a must. In any case, it's a gamble but so is sticking. The issue is we're that fucked I don't even know who could step in as caretaker. 

It's also well worth noting that I've barely seen us at all this season so my opinions might not and shouldn't hold as much weight as those who are still watching week after week (fair play to you, you fucking mentalists). It's been one disaster after the other, on and off the park, and it comes as no surprise to see us in this situation. As a club, we're screaming out for leadership, but the ominous silence suggests no one wants to touch or be associated with any tough decisions/actions that could quite easily turn out to be the final nail in the coffin. The reality of course is that the damage was done way before whatever happens from here.

That's a smashing post and pretty much reflects my views on my own team. The season has been an utter avoidable disaster, and whilst the last week has been positive, there have been false dawns before.

Ah so the mention on tv of their results every week, that just means folk the length and breadth of the country are saying to each other "looks like Berwick got beat again".

Maybe - but no publicity is bad publicity they say and at least folk know who Berwick are

10 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

A slap on the wrist would have been sufficient, nobody in the club could do or wanted to do the social media so thank you Dom for your excellent match reports, much appreciated, can I nominate him for player of the season? 

I think the work done on our social media has been great, across all media streams. I posted how much I appreciated the Twitter feed updates on the match away to Edin City. I thought the post asking if anyone knew how to rage quit a real game, when we were 5 down to QP, was genius. There have many more; brilliant stuff.

But, there is a line. Quoting an opposition managers abuse towards our manager, on The Club official feed was over that line. Reporting angry exchanges, fine; quoting verbatim? I really don't think so. I'd guess the ensuing conversation and debate about 'the line' led to irreconcilable artistic differences.

It's not 'generation gap', as quoted in another of the one-sided football media interviews Doms been on, it's about protecting the clubs integrity; IMHO of course.

I'm sure the media coverage will see Dom back involved in football media very soon. I sincerely wish him all the best, and am genuinely sorry it's not with us anymore.

That said, perhaps a little mia culpa and there could be a making up to everyone's advantage.

Dom said in an interview the Vice Chairman came in and sacked him without him being given a chance to explain himself. I’ve heard a different story, so I’m not sure there’s any evidence to suggest that it wasn’t supposed to be dealt with in-house. It seems harsh at first glance, but I’m no sure we know enough to get all upset about it. Maybe Cowden or Bolan complained, maybe Harvey, maybe the SPFL. Who knows?

I’m sure Dom will do very well out of the blow up, and he’s not stupid. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done well at making the focus about him and it’s amazing more people are concerned about this twitter guy being sacked (not aimed at anyone here) than the state of the team, the managers position and the Clyde/Albion stuff.

10 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

I’m sure Dom will do very well out of the blow up, and he’s not stupid. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done well at making the focus about him and it’s amazing more people are concerned about this twitter guy being sacked (not aimed at anyone here) than the state of the team, the managers position and the Clyde/Albion stuff.

I think that's the key point Brian, we are all very concerned about all of the above,  maybe why there has been this reaction. 

12 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

I thought his tweet was hilarious nearly crashed the  car when I  heard on the radio going up the road, for me great use of social media & I fully get his comments about generational gap, sorry to see the club take this stance with someone doing a good job and likely connecting with younger fans/potential fans which is what clubs at this level need.