Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

9 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

That’s doesn’t make great reading that, granted JH came to us 7/8 games in but we had already picked up 6 points in that time. Think that backs up that there has been no improvement since his arrival actually significantly worse. Harvey has also been backed a lot more than horn was in terms of finances. @Disc Potato would be able to clear that up? 

How would I know what money Robbie had or Johnny got. I am fan that goes along to games and help where I can. 

The Social media admin situation is a complete joke also, there was no harm in the tweet and from being excellent in interacting with support through social media it has went completely silent tonight. Hopefully this is a sign that we have relieved JH of his duties. 

Really surprised that Harvey didn't leave tonight. That is 4 points from 45 isn't it? 1 point from the 2 easiest games on paper at the business end of the season, delivered by seriously unimpressive performances. 

How can this suddenly get better? Harvey's record is absolutely unbelievably bad, not just in terms of points but also in terms of progress, promise, hope, tactics and organisation on the pitch. 

I so wanted him to get it right but he has by any measure proven disastrous, having taken the club to the brink of relegation, and even potentially a further spiral of decline. 

Gobsmacked that he doesn't have the personal pride to resign out of sheer embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:
2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Never mind this post, I was actually wrong. That is very, very poor, deary me.

I disagree with the sentiment that you can't have a tiny bit of fun with the social media accounts. Sure, results on the field are dire but it's not like that is in any way linked to  a couple of tweets.

If anything, if we as a small club want to make the most of things and gain an advantage over other teams, getting BRFC's name out there like this is fantastic.

In other news (or, well, non-news), we're losing.

Only gained the club ~250 followers, clearly they wanted more :Phttps://socialblade.com/twitter/user/officialbrfc/monthly

There are much worse things you could do than that tweet (now deleted). Social media is meant to be interesting and have some personality otherwise people will ignore you!

We were dreadful, failed to muster any real attempts on goal!  
I do believe we mustered one real attempt in the 17th minute. Knee-jerk comment. No queue forming of better, more experienced replacement managers, must be the rain keeping the hoards away.

Disappointing defending leading to their 2 goals tonight; but again, fantastic effort and desire from all players. Tough on Brennan being fouled on winning goal, but naive defending allowing if to happen.

It's never over until etc etc, but she's warming up her tonsils I fear.

Saturday's tweet was unbecoming of an official communication of any professional body, particularly one seeking to attract families to support and sponsors to contribute.

16/03 - Albion v Cowdenbeath,  Berwick v Peterhead

23/03 - Elgin v Albion, Stirling v Berwick

30/03 - Albion v Clyde, Berwick v Edinburgh

06/04 - Albion v Queens Park, Annan v Berwick

13/04 - Berwick v Queens Park, Peterhead v Albion

20/04 - Albion v Edinburgh, Clyde v Berwick

27/04 - Berwick v Albion

04/05 - Albion v Annan, Elgin v Berwick

I can see us losing to Albion this weekend and them moving up to 9th.  Genuinely struggling to see games where I expect Berwick to pick up 3 points....

Edited by The Minertaur

9 hours ago, A Believer said:

I do believe we mustered one real attempt in the 17th minute. Knee-jerk comment. No queue forming of better, more experienced replacement managers, must be the rain keeping the hoards away.

Disappointing defending leading to their 2 goals tonight; but again, fantastic effort and desire from all players. Tough on Brennan being fouled on winning goal, but naive defending allowing if to happen.

It's never over until etc etc, but she's warming up her tonsils I fear.

Saturday's tweet was unbecoming of an official communication of any professional body, particularly one seeking to attract families to support and sponsors to contribute.

No problem Jonny 

11 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

The Social media admin situation is a complete joke also, there was no harm in the tweet and from being excellent in interacting with support through social media it has went completely silent tonight. Hopefully this is a sign that we have relieved JH of his duties. 

TBH Think club has more to concern than silly social media

Re the social media, I don't see what the issue is. Those kind of comments are what make Scottish football the great thing it is. Football is sanitised all over the world and we still have a product that is actually football as we know it. It gained you publicity and followers without being controversial. That is what social media is for.

Edit: however the boy doing your social media does seem a bit of a melt sometimes.

Edited by Muzza81

Who actually cares about that attention seeking social media tweet at this time, seriously.

I see no way of the manager turning this round. The team is clearly worse than the one he took over and he’s upset too many along the way. Crazy how we’ve gone from having Hearts U21 captain at the back, and Scott up front, to someone as bad as Hume at the back and a five aside player up top. After a promising start, Harvey seems to have shit himself after the Peterhead 3-0 and thrown his philosophy out of the window. There’s barely looked a plan in the games I’ve seen recently.

He’s had the freedom to change things few managers get, but the departures and arrivals look like a scattergun approach. Many are clearly not good enough for this level and the manager looks out of his depth.

If you’re to rank the 18 fixtures we face in this league in level of ease, we’ve probably played the 2nd, 3rd and 4th easiest in the past 4 games and come away with 2 points. Dreadful.

Personally think they should get rid and give the job to someone experienced to try and get the best out of this squad. It can’t get worse. Whoever’s in charge, Saturday will be extremely difficult but at least it would give someone new a change to see the squad play before more ‘winnable’ games.

14 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Re the social media, I don't see what the issue is. Those kind of comments are what make Scottish football the great thing it is. Football is sanitised all over the world and we still have a product that is actually football as we know it. It gained you publicity and followers without being controversial. That is what social media is for.

Edit: however the boy doing your social media does seem a bit of a melt sometimes.

He's a volunteer doing it from his own phone I bet, a word in his ear would have sufficed 

Edit: the words pot and kettle spring to mind

13 minutes ago, dougster said:

He's a volunteer doing it from his own phone I bet, a word in his ear would have sufficed 

I did the Cowdenbeath Twitter for a while but got in trouble after we had a match abandoned against Partick Thistle when I tweeted that the game was stopped not long after the Thistle fans started singing "We can't see the ball" (we'd just scored to go 2-1 up).  Somebody complained and the club were warned they could receive a £10K fine for hinting that we were undermining the referee.  A fortnight after the match I had to retract the tweet and apologise and I haven't done it since!

I doubt anybody would have complained about Berwick's tweet to the league but they might have complained the club about it.   Amazed if this isn't just an over reaction by the club.

Edited by The Minertaur

27 minutes ago, dougster said:

Agree with this a little common sense would have resolved simply n& quietly, bearing in mind as  you say a volunteer trying to help his club.

We will be playing in the Lowland League next season, with the only glimmer of good news that we are almost certain to be about 8 points adrift come May, so can't start getting all bitter about Clydegate. 

The only tiny glimmer of hope is if we immediately replace Harvey with someone who can organise a football team. Even then though, should that person exist, it is hard to imagine how he can tighten up a team with nobody who has a clue how to defend in midfield. 

So, sadly for John Bell, he will have to spend a few months working out a strategy to compete for players with the likes of Spartans, Bonnyrigg etc etc. The parachute payment may give us one decent chance to get back up to the SPFL and if we fail, our overheads/debts and especially our location will mean we will stay there for ever, and maybe disappear altogether. 

There are do many culpable people for our sad demise. I think we need another of Dutch's dodgy polls to see who we think wins the overall gong. 

1 minute ago, Redcar said:

The only tiny glimmer of hope is if we immediately replace Harvey with someone who can organise a football team. Even then though, should that person exist, it is hard to imagine how he can tighten up a team with nobody who has a clue how to defend in midfield. 

Get Gary Locke.  He's managed to do it before.

Morpeth Town doing exceptionally well this season,no too far doon the road. Player wise they're travelling big distances this season. Is it no time to see what their is oot their in Northumberland instead of the Edinburgh catchment area  ?

2 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Get Gary Locke.  He's managed to do it before.

He did so from a worse position, argueably, since the play-offs are still very much avoidable. Given his ambassadorial role at Hearts and how that might make it easier to attract good loanees, you'd almost consider him a decent pick as 2019/2020 manager.

If we go down, which is looking very likely, we will never come back up. Regardless of our parachute payment. It is now or never to make the change. The board must act now and have somebody in place for Saturday. And before anyone asks who do we replace him with again, that’s not for me to answer that’s why the board are there and that is there job. Go and break the bank to bring in someone. As for people harping on about the team giving a lot of effort, that should be a given for any team with players being played to play football. Quote Harvey “it might not be good enough but we are trying”. Well it isn’t good enough and I’m afraid you are the one responsible. He won’t walk, because if he does he will never get an opportunity at this level again so it is down to the board to act and act fast!