Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

37 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He's not been fired; updates are always limited during midweeks. The media team is using the opportunity to get a second viral tweet going.

Sorry for spoiling it.

I would agree cheap publicity stunt, I would be more concerned about staying in the SPFL rather than trying to get retweets on twitter:lol:

I can’t quite fathom why an official club tweet would be so unprofessional IMO this in my opinion just shows where we are as a club and it ain’t positive at all, yes re-tweets,publicity etc but not on official club social media surely!

As to a knee jerk reaction to replace the manager, I am sorry but I wouldn’t trust the blazers to do this correctly anyways.

Good luck in the second half tonight though we need points to keep us alive to get better people in place all over the shop in the future.

14 minutes ago, Back post Willie said:

I can’t quite fathom why an official club tweet would be so unprofessional IMO this in my opinion just shows where we are as a club and it ain’t positive at all, yes re-tweets,publicity etc but not on official club social media surely!

As to a knee jerk reaction to replace the manager, I am sorry but I wouldn’t trust the blazers to do this correctly anyways.

Good luck in the second half tonight though we need points to keep us alive to get better people in place all over the shop in the future.

The tweet was funny but as you say shouldn't really be on an official account.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He's not been fired; updates are always limited during midweeks. The media team is using the opportunity to get a second viral tweet going.

Sorry for spoiling it.

Never mind this post, I was actually wrong. That is very, very poor, deary me.

I disagree with the sentiment that you can't have a tiny bit of fun with the social media accounts. Sure, results on the field are dire but it's not like that is in any way linked to  a couple of tweets.

If anything, if we as a small club want to make the most of things and gain an advantage over other teams, getting BRFC's name out there like this is fantastic.

In other news (or, well, non-news), we're losing.

Any hope for this team came in January when Johnny Harvey got a better budget. Harvey chose to recruit some talented but hugely inexperienced attacking youngsters, but barely addressed our excruciating defence

You really also have to question Harvey's organisational skills. The team should have gelled better by now. 

Tonight was a bigger game than last weeks game against Albion in my opinion. It was an opportunity to put a lot of unrest to bed, put the gap back to 5 points pressure back onto Albion. We were dreadful, failed to muster any real attempts on goal!  In previous interviews Harvey has mentioned how it was difficult to compete with the top 4 clubs and we had a run of games coming up where he seen us go on a winning run. The last 3 games were exactly that and absolutely crucial for our club we have came away with 2 points. But sure it would be a knee jerk reaction to part company with him.