Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

48 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Similarly, you would have to make us replay Queen’s Park who could potentially lose the point they originally gained from that match.

Aye. Another valid point! OK then, just leave the results as they were, and deduct Clyde 4 points. 

Another alternative for the SPFL to retain the integrity of the entire season and maintain it as a football competition rather than a 'best clerk' affair, would be for Berwick and Albion to have a play off if Albion finish 9th by goal difference or by 3 points or fewer. 

Just to add an ironic note, none of this would have happened if Goodwillie hadn't been Injured..... having broken his arm when he got clattered by Berwick's keeper at Shielfield! 

Nothing will be done about the Clyde situation, so I think it's time we try to move on from it. Focus should be on QP tomorrow, not on whether we were 'wronged' by the authorities; I imagine it's hard enough for the players to motivate themselves to go into another battering, let alone if they are still preoccupied with all this. It's a home match and the team desperately needs the support, so I hope everyone in the area will drag their arses to Shielfield and get behind them.

Truth be:

Clyde's decision unfair on us ?? That's 1 game out of 27.

We have been consistently crap all season, shipping goals for fun, How can we complain that this one game is our downfall.

Should JH remain as manager ?? who knows ?? its like baling out the titanic. damage has been done. Its now in our hands.

True that we’ve been consistently crap however how would Rovers feel if we’d been tanked by a team to then be given the 3 points? Not happy at all I’d guess?

I sincerely hope our Board are looking into the legal side of this however it wouldn’t surprise me if they aren’t.

19 minutes ago, berwicksfinest said:

Truth be:

Clyde's decision unfair on us ?? That's 1 game out of 27.

We have been consistently crap all season, shipping goals for fun, How can we complain that this one game is our downfall.

Should JH remain as manager ?? who knows ?? its like baling out the titanic. damage has been done. Its now in our hands.

Bad comparison to make, the Titanic had a few lifeboats at least.

45 minutes ago, Fergie1 said:

But if you wanted an example of the top of my head what about somebody like John Hughes, his first senior club is in a real time of need. His last post at Raith Rovers over 2 years ago didn’t end well so would be an opportunity to get himself in the shop window again on a deal until the end of the season. Break the bank to bring him in Im sure he will still stay in Edinburgh so wouldn’t be any issues there. That might sound absolutely crazy and unrealistic, but I don’t see it that way because I really do fear for the future of the club if we go down. If we are already struggling financially what hope do we have without the money from the sfa, if we already struggle to attract players what hope do we have if we are in the lowland league. 

Abyway as I have also previously mentioned I think another 6 points will see us safe so if we can get a win tomorrow all panic will probably be forgotten ... until Saturday. 

@tescodave I believe the above is realistic. Money talks... 

2 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

@tescodave I believe the above is realistic. Money talks... 

He's looking to move to the States and coach there. Why would he sully his reputation even further after his utter humiliation at Raith by being remembered as the man who took Berwick out of the league?

He's looking to move to the States and coach there. Why would he sully his reputation even further after his utter humiliation at Raith by being remembered as the man who took Berwick out of the league?

Yogi was about to leave for the states then the fella who got him the position got the bullet so not sure if anything else has cropped up? In the meantime there’s not a hope in hell he’ll come to us.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

That was exactly my point, an opportunity to show he still has what it takes, 2 years out the game is a long time. At the end of the day he’s not going to get a job in any of the top 2 divisions that may pop up in the near future. There isn’t exactly a load of jobs out there. Don’t see why not

True that we’ve been consistently crap however how would Rovers feel if we’d been tanked by a team to then be given the 3 points? Not happy at all I’d guess?

I sincerely hope our Board are looking into the legal side of this however it wouldn’t surprise me if they aren’t.

Albion Rovers weren’t tanked on the day though. The boy who shouldn’t have been playing set up the only goal of the game. So why should Albion Rovers be punished for Clyde breaking the rules and “gaining an unfair advantage” against them.

I have to agree with whoever posted it earlier, I don’t think it will matter come the end of the season as the gap will be wider anyway.

That was exactly my point, an opportunity to show he still has what it takes, 2 years out the game is a long time. At the end of the day he’s not going to get a job in any of the top 2 divisions that may pop up in the near future. There isn’t exactly a load of jobs out there. Don’t see why not
Aw gie's peace. You just can't justify your desire for a knee-jerk dismissal with a cogent replacement. However, well said you'll get behind the manager and the team notwithstanding. Honestly, I'd advocate almost anything LIKELY to create an improvement, this isn't it.

You keep harping on about any possible change as being knee jerk, it’s anything but knee jerk, as previously stated when we beat Albion 2-0 we were 8 points clear it’s now 2 points and the future of Berwick rangers is in real danger. Please explain to me how it would be a knee jerk reaction? I’m afraid it’s not up to me to source and provide a replacement I merely suggested a possibility after being asked 3 times. 

It does really surprise me though that with 8 games left and the team looking like they are down in the dumps, people think it’s crazy to replace the manager. 

Position   P w D L F A GD Pts
18/19 9 Harvey 27 4 4 19 24 67 -43 16
17/18 9 Horn 27 7 5 15 22 49 -27 26
16/17 7 Coughlin 27 8 7 12 38 50 -12 31
15/16 9 Coughlin 27 8 6 13 32 47 -15 30
14/15 9 Cameron 27 8 7 12 46 42 4 31

36 minutes ago, ShiPi said:

Position   P w D L F A GD Pts
18/19 9 Harvey 27 4 4 19 24 67 -43 16
17/18 9 Horn 27 7 5 15 22 49 -27 26
16/17 7 Coughlin 27 8 7 12 38 50 -12 31
15/16 9 Coughlin 27 8 6 13 32 47 -15 30
14/15 9 Cameron 27 8 7 12 46 42 4 31

It'll get better any day now....

In all seriousness though, you shouldn't support BRFC if you want a lot to cheer about, but it is worrying to see how stagnant, and even regressive, our performance has been. Lots to play for still, sure, but I don't see 10 more points between now and the end of the season. 6 Points  if we're lucky, 8  points if Lady Luck herself is feeling particularly horny every other weekend.

Fact of the matter remains that anything less than 9 points will see us be the worst 9th placed team ever under the current League setup, and that we need to seriously buck up our ideas because, if we even manage to cling onto League status, another season like this will for sure leave us in 10th when you consider Cove/EK coming up or Rovers getting back on their feet.

C'mon lads, get us three v. QP tonight/whenever it gets replayed.

That’s doesn’t make great reading that, granted JH came to us 7/8 games in but we had already picked up 6 points in that time. Think that backs up that there has been no improvement since his arrival actually significantly worse. Harvey has also been backed a lot more than horn was in terms of finances. @Disc Potato would be able to clear that up?