Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Bring in an  experienced manager, not  Coughlin, who knows this division.  

The £1m question though is who? Who is out of work and experienced at this level that also hasn’t been an abject failure at this level, that would want the job?

I’m guessing the reason Berwick went down the route of Harvey is because that such a man as this didn’t come forward during the application process the last time around and from memory nobody has been sacked in this mould that would consider Berwick as a way back in.

Well, I thought we worked really hard, bossed the early encounters and were the better team in the 1st half. Cowden scoring against the run of play; aided by naive defending on our left flank. 2nd half, they very capably took every opportunity to disrupt play and stop the game; and we weren't good enough to protect and use the ball when we had it. All symptomatic of a struggling club with players low on confidence. Losing Brown was a big loss too. O'Kane's straight red was at worst a yellow, and now he's suspended. Strong hearts and minds needed now, with talk of knee-jerk managerial changes to be ignored IMHO. This group are good enough, if we get behind them. Big positive support and 3 points against QP on Tuesday will help; get along, or we'll have the club we deserve.

Tuesdays game is huge and with 8 games remaining before the penultimate game against Albion will we get a better opportunity to pick up 3 points, can’t see us getting anything from the other 7 teams. 7-1 aside hopefully this will be a different affair Tuesday night under the lights more solid look about us. 

The reality is, as much as I believe a change is needed, the board will not do anything about the current managerial situation and will sit and hope for the best. But if we don’t get anything from Tuesday I think we better prepare ourselves for the play offs. Albion’s result has been coming they have been knocking at the door most weeks. They will be full of confidence now and going into next weeks game against cowden is another huge and realistic opportunity for them to get 3 points. Scary times 

no way should berwick suffer for this!!!! you could lose you league place over this!
If you lose your league place its because you've been shite over a 36 game season. The 3 points here wont help but get a grip man. Win your own games and you've got nothing to worry about.

You're getting skudded every week so dont blame Clyde for your clubs shortcomings. With the losses that the club have made the decline has been a long time coming.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The £1m question though is who? Who is out of work and experienced at this level that also hasn’t been an abject failure at this level, that would want the job?

I’m guessing the reason Berwick went down the route of Harvey is because that such a man as this didn’t come forward during the application process the last time around and from memory nobody has been sacked in this mould that would consider Berwick as a way back in.

while i agree with the thinking behind your point you could point out Gary Bollan going to Cowden after being sacked by Forfar is a counter-example. 

sorry for mentioning him.. I'll just take my face for a shite... :lol:

6 hours ago, A Believer said:

Well, I thought we worked really hard, bossed the early encounters and were the better team in the 1st half. Cowden scoring against the run of play; aided by naive defending on our left flank. 2nd half, they very capably took every opportunity to disrupt play and stop the game; and we weren't good enough to protect and use the ball when we had it. All symptomatic of a struggling club with players low on confidence. Losing Brown was a big loss too. O'Kane's straight red was at worst a yellow, and now he's suspended. Strong hearts and minds needed now, with talk of knee-jerk managerial changes to be ignored IMHO. This group are good enough, if we get behind them. Big positive support and 3 points against QP on Tuesday will help; get along, or we'll have the club we deserve.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong and you are right, I really do 

5 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

If you lose your league place its because you've been shite over a 36 game season. The 3 points here wont help but get a grip man. Win your own games and you've got nothing to worry about.

You're getting skudded every week so dont blame Clyde for your clubs shortcomings. With the losses that the club have made the decline has been a long time coming.

A valid point but this is unprecedented. I can’t find any case where the Points  have been reversed. I’ve never seen it in any league for this sort of offence. Deduct  3 points and be done

This group are good enough, if we get behind them. Big positive support and 3 points against QP on Tuesday will help; get along, or we'll have the club we deserve.

Good enough for what exactly?
Good enough to survive by the skin of their teeth against the worst professional side the country has ever produced?
Capable of more?
Good enough to win a 2 leg play off?

Based on your summer recruitment policy of signing dug meat from The Borders Sunday Church League or whatever the equivalent was, you DO have what you deserve.

It still stands, there is a few realists in the support who recognise the trouble, there is also Fergie1 who has called JH on his bullsh*t for a good few weeks now. And then there's you, happy clapper extraordinaire. You really hate criticising the team, don't you?

Good enough for what exactly?
Good enough to survive by the skin of their teeth against the worst professional side the country has ever produced?
Capable of more?
Good enough to win a 2 leg play off?

Fair question; good enough to keep us in the league. That's all that the club and supporters should be focussing on right now.

All Berwick fans have aspirations beyond the horrible place we are now; me included, but I think criticising everyone from the manager to the programme seller is counter productive at this stage.

I'm not sure why I'm given any credence to your drivvle anyway with your gimmicky Airdrie clobber. Up The Diamonds indeed.

Fair question; good enough to keep us in the league. That's all that the club and supporters should be focussing on right now.

All Berwick fans have aspirations beyond the horrible place we are now; me included, but I think criticising everyone from the manager to the programme seller is counter productive at this stage.

I'm not sure why I'm given any credence to your drivvle anyway with your gimmicky Airdrie clobber. Up The Diamonds indeed.
"Gimmicky Airdrie Clobber"
please explain.

Its a football forum for ALL fans to read, comment about all other teams in the country.
I've got nearly just as much interest in all the teams in the lower divisions as I have in my own.
I just find it hilarious when someone peddles the "support the team, don't critisize them" shite, especially when they've been absolute cactus.
Have a great Sunday [emoji16][emoji106]

"Gimmicky Airdrie Clobber"
please explain.

Its a football forum for ALL fans to read, comment about all other teams in the country.
I've got nearly just as much interest in all the teams in the lower divisions as I have in my own.
I just find it hilarious when someone peddles the "support the team, don't critisize them" shite, especially when they've been absolute cactus.
Have a great Sunday [emoji16][emoji106]
We're just priveledged you deign to share your higher league pearls of wisdom. You too.