Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

10 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Sorry mate, my post wasn’t meant to be having a go or taking the piss. Apologies if it came across as that.

No it was a good question, I really hope it works for us - god knows we need someone to win some headers and give us some presence at the back. My response was is it enough to see us to the end of the season.? Perhaps I’m just sick that our standards for this season are ‘better than Rovers’ as opposed to ‘better than Cowdenbeath’ last.  Eventually your luck runs out. I see he scored in our reserve draw at Livi last night so good luck to the lad,  he’s a Berwick player now so will have my support 100%

23 hours ago, dougster said:

3 away games against in form teams a tough ask , when are our postponed games being played? 

Rearranged games:-

Feb 26th: Annan (Home)

March 5th: Edinburgh (Away)

March 12th: Queen’s Park (Home)

By the time we meet Elgin at home on 23rd Feb we will have 3 games in hand over Albion, hopefully still with a decent points gap. Then it is 6 games for us in 22 days. 4 of them at home, and 1 away to Albion.

Crunch time! 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Rearranged games:-

Feb 26th: Annan (Home)

March 5th: Edinburgh (Away)

March 12th: Queen’s Park (Home)

By the time we meet Elgin at home on 23rd Feb we will have 3 games in hand over Albion, hopefully still with a decent points gap. Then it is 6 games for us in 22 days. 4 of them at home, and 1 away to Albion.

Crunch time! 

I hope this tight run of games will build a little bit of form, but I fear the worst if the Elgin and Annan matches are blowouts. Need to start strong in the run-up to Albion Rovers, which isn't so much a 6 point match anymore as it is season-defining.

6 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

I hope this tight run of games will build a little bit of form, but I fear the worst if the Elgin and Annan matches are blowouts. Need to start strong in the run-up to Albion Rovers, which isn't so much a 6 point match anymore as it is season-defining.

Berwick  will be alright Albion Rovers maybe just 7 points behind but its also the total of points they have gathered in 22 games can't really see them getting much more in the final 14. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Berwick  will be alright Albion Rovers maybe just 7 points behind but its also the total of points they have gathered in 22 games can't really see them getting much more in the final 14.

Rovers play us twice, with the second match coming in the penultimate round of the seaso; 18/19 has been a unmitigated disaster for us so I won't rest easy 'til safety is mathematically certain.

To be fair I wouldn't lay all of the blame on him DP. 

True. Still amazed he picked up another league club though. Is that 8 starts in a row the team he’s been playing for have conceded 3+ a game?

Manager Johnny Harvey has today strengthened his squad with the signing of Cameron Blues on loan from Premiership side Livingston.

The 20-year-old rose through the ranks at Falkirk before joining Livingston in the summer of 2018. Blues spent six months on loan at Edinburgh City in early 2018, making 16 appearances and netting a single goal.

The midfielder started 2018/19 on loan with League One side Brechin, where he again netted during a handful of appearances, before returning to his parent club in January.

Euan Valentine returns to Raith Rovers, so there's room for one more loanee for the rest of the season.

26 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Euan Valentine returns to Raith Rovers, so there's room for one more loanee for the rest of the season.

You’ve signed Cameron Blues. Don’t think he’s from Greenlaw Amateurs though so won’t be up to much.