Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

It's laughable coming on to this thread and seeing so many fans of clubs like "Other", Montrose and Cowdenbeath taking pot shots at Berwick, so often and so voraciously. Why is this the case? Berwick is a fairly small club like yours, run well and within its means and unfortunately for its fans lacking in any sort of success in the past decade. Surely their current situation is deserving of empathy rather than ridicule. Am I missing something here? Why, exactly, do so many fans harbour such animosity towards BRFC, particularly on this forum?

It's laughable coming on to this thread and seeing so many fans of clubs like "Other", Montrose and Cowdenbeath taking pot shots at Berwick, so often and so voraciously. Why is this the case? Berwick is a fairly small club like yours, run well and within its means and unfortunately for its fans lacking in any sort of success in the past decade. Surely their current situation is deserving of empathy rather than ridicule. Am I missing something here? Why, exactly, do so many fans harbour such animosity towards BRFC, particularly on this forum?

I’m guessing you missed the ‘banter’ from BRFC individuals directed to another league 2 side that finished bottom over the last two seasons?

Cowdenbeath are understandably a target for such "banter" when the person who runs their club is a morally reprehensible character who ensures that the club's colours conform to and indeed represent his hatred of Catholics. However, I can see no reason why a passionately-supported, family-oriented and well-run community football club like Berwick should be a target, too. Their fans have been through enough.

It's fair to say the Cowdenbeath/Berwick rivalry goes back a lot of years. The two sets of supporters hated each other with a passion at one point.

We both enjoy it when the other is struggling - again, football rivalry.

With the utter tripe that has been spouted by their new saviour after the last couple of pumpings we've gave them, no wonder there's plenty of us taking great joy in slagging Berwick.

Did it not all start when some Berwick fans were taunting the home support regarding the closure of mines etc? Could be wrong but that was my understanding.

I guess yon Clyde fan is just annoyed that teams within the SPFL actually have rivalries instead of being a total nonentity based in Cumbernauld. 

48 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Did it not all start when some Berwick fans were taunting the home support regarding the closure of mines etc? Could be wrong but that was my understanding.

I guess yon Clyde fan is just annoyed that teams within the SPFL actually have rivalries instead of being a total nonentity based in Cumbernauld. 

It started in the mid 80s aye the mines closing would have been part of it but a well know figure in the Berwick support was lobbing coins at the Cowden fans one time at Central Park.

Seems to have calmed down now to just a bit of banter on here which it should be really.

Edited by cowdenbeath

There was tears and snotters from a lot of the Cowdenbeath fans on the Cowden Countdown threads the last couple of seasons. Now the shoes on the other foot it's back to being banter.

Surprised to see there is still support for the Berwick manager as he is clearly out his depth. The remaining Berwick vs Albion matches will certainly be interesting.

Some great rivalry back in the day. Some very good lads in the Cowden support, Vince Sinclair, big Scottie and Wee Jimmy that sells the half-time draw. Was rooting for you in both playoffs and happy you’re still a league club. It’s in our hands to also make sure we retain our league status. Still love the Cowden away day and that is something that would certainly be missed. 

37 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Some great rivalry back in the day. Some very good lads in the Cowden support, Vince Sinclair, big Scottie and Wee Jimmy that sells the half-time draw. Was rooting for you in both playoffs and happy you’re still a league club. It’s in our hands to also make sure we retain our league status. Still love the Cowden away day and that is something that would certainly be missed. 

First time i've heard Jimmy being called wee arn't you getting him mixed up with the pub:lol:

54 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

There was tears and snotters from a lot of the Cowdenbeath fans on the Cowden Countdown threads the last couple of seasons. Now the shoes on the other foot it's back to being banter.

Surprised to see there is still support for the Berwick manager as he is clearly out his depth. The remaining Berwick vs Albion matches will certainly be interesting.

banter boys.jpg

5 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Cowdenbeath are understandably a target for such "banter" when the person who runs their club is a morally reprehensible character who ensures that the club's colours conform to and indeed represent his hatred of Catholics. However, I can see no reason why a passionately-supported, family-oriented and well-run community football club like Berwick should be a target, too. Their fans have been through enough.

Clyde...morally reprehensible...You couldn't make it up.