Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Hopefully can bring the promise that got him a move to Alloa! I think as much as we have been leaking goals we are crying out for attacking options. Granted we are conceding goals at an alarming rate but when the relentless pressure our defence is under is scary hopefully better attacking options can reduce that constant threat. 

Still a chance in this window to get the defensive options in. I'm told the boss is working his socks off to try and make that happen. Maybe 2 or 3 to leave too if they want to play football between now and May. 

Still think Harvey is the right man for this job even if he has made a few early mistakes. Hope he can get the signings he needs and can get some confidence in the team. 

Big freeze this weekend might just help that too. 

22 hours ago, gogsy said:

Reserves are getting worse, last game was only 7-2

Not strictly true but almost  Looking on SPFL site Reserves lost 7-2 at Stirling in League 19 November but then beat  Stirling 6-2 in League Cup and Raith Rovers 3-2 in League Cup also late November into early December

Can you actually imagine releasing a player (who is your top scorer and only capable player on the ball) so he can join a divisional rival on a free, having (I'm pretty sure) paid money to get him, even after the club he's gone to today received a fee for one of their players.

Disruptive or not, that is fucking hilariously shambolic. What the f**k are they thinking?

Willis off to Peterhead, Murrell off to the nearest pub. 

Willis started the season well but has been crap and increasingly frustrated since coming back from injury. One of the highest paid in the squad, I think, and I'd be happy enough if we'd signed someone further back with that money. Seems though that we will sign nobody and that is seriously piss poor. How we will fail to concede 100 goals is not immediately obvious. 

On the other hand, I'd have paid Murrell's bus fare to pretty well anywhere. 

Loan deals can still be done next month. Willis had the heart the size of a pea and was nearly sacked earlier in the season. Good when it suits him but not one we need right now. Lewy Barr a much better player and Knox can play that role.  He’ll get a few splinters sitting on the bench at Peterhead.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Can you actually imagine releasing a player (who is your top scorer and only capable player on the ball) so he can join a divisional rival on a free, having (I'm pretty sure) paid money to get him, even after the club he's gone to today received a fee for one of their players.

Disruptive or not, that is fucking hilariously shambolic. What the f**k are they thinking?

The managerial genius that was Dave Mackay released Andy Black from the Binos. Black was snapped up by Edinburgh City and he's been one of City's best players this season...  

http://berwickrangers.com/managers-statement/

We made attractive offers to two experienced defenders who chose to join League One Clubs. I am not panicked by not bringing in another defender because I have faith in who we have at the club.

I appreciate the statement as a whole, but it's a bit odd to say there's no panick in terms of defence when two substantial offers were made for defenders.

Regardless, I back the manager, the squad, and the club. That, coincidentally, is also about the only thing we can do as fans right now.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

That, coincidentally, is also about the only thing we can do as fans right now.

Pretty much what it boils down. Well-intended I'm sure, but that statement has done absolutely nothing to relieve me of my concerns (I won't go into the reasons for the sake of preventing this post from becoming a definition of hypocrisy) nor the opinion that last night we made the latest in a seemingly never-ending series of blindingly obvious blunders. Nevertheless, we're stuck with what we've got perhaps plus the 1-2 more we'll likely bring in during this month. Moaning isn't gonna change it so we may as well cross our fingers and hope that between Willo swording Albion and Phillips banging in 15 own goals, we'll finish above em. 

On 01/02/2019 at 12:20, DutchBorderer said:

http://berwickrangers.com/managers-statement/

I appreciate the statement as a whole, but it's a bit odd to say there's no panick in terms of defence when two substantial offers were made for defenders.

Regardless, I back the manager, the squad, and the club. That, coincidentally, is also about the only thing we can do as fans right now.

Somehow NO i don't appreciate their is no panic

JH reckon defence is no reason to panic ?? we are shipping goals like its going out of fashion

Happy with midfield ?? How can you when they are virtually non existent

Answer Strikers chuck a load of them on the park and hopefully we'll score more than we ship !! That's quite an ask

The beginning of the season, I laid out the Berwick season. First few games crap, manager sacked/resigned delete as appropriate, new manager comes in players get worse.... fear ye not winter transfer window we'll get that undiscovered star. but don't worry he hasn't had his chance to get the team he wants. into spring the club is clinging on to league status by the skin of their teeth. crossing in May usual safe last game in April !! Again fear ye not..... Manager gets rid of dead wood, and gets the players he wants.  for cup games, get tanked out of the cups! Start at the top and read again.

There will come a time when it'll be 10th and bye bye league. So far we've been lucky but for how much longer