Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

9 hours ago, sydney said:

Berwick will be fine this season as Albion Rovers will clearly finish bottom. It should give you a bit of space and time to try to address the obvious problems before next season. Although not doing great, your early season form didn’t seem to hint  at the recent collapse in form. Gave us a good few problems. 

You must be delusional mate ? Albion Rovers will CLEARLY finish bottom ?  Albion now have a game in hand and still to play Berwick twice in the league. That’s  a cocky post given we’ve just been spanked 7-1 

Some of the excuses being dished out for Berwicks results from management and supporters is mental. Budgets ? The Board ? Location ? The other teams quality ? We never took our chances ? Ect ect. This manager has been in charge for 4 months, 12 league games, 6 of the starting 11 were his players yesterday 7 if you count the sub who came on. Not one sign of improvement, not one !! 

50 minutes ago, Fourattheback said:

You must be delusional mate ? Albion Rovers will CLEARLY finish bottom ?  Albion now have a game in hand and still to play Berwick twice in the league. That’s  a cocky post given we’ve just been spanked 7-1 

It’s just my opinion mate and as a non Berwick fan I’m not sure how my post can be described as ‘cocky’. 

Anyway Rovers have managed to amass 7 points in over half a season and if anything they seem to be getting worse as the season progresses. It will be a minor miracle given this record if they manage to stay up. 

42 minutes ago, Pigeon English said:

If any current player is involved with prank calls they should be shown the door and told to gtf, given our current predicament.

Given we have the worse defensive record in the whole SPFL, I'd be interested to know why Jamie Todd was released with no apparent replacement lined up?

Next three months are vital for the club and it's time the players grew a set following yesterday's embarrassing capitulation otherwise it's the LL next season.

Wish I'd signed up to Pound per Point now!!

I would imagine Hume was Todds replacement. I was always a fan of Todd not sure how that 1 has happened, and questions seriously need to be asked if there is any truth in what disc potato was saying regarding him in at other clubs. 

5 hours ago, Macca1875 said:

Try not to post on p&b a lot unless it’s positive, but it’s a tough gig to take on at anytime never mind half way through the season.

Try judge Johnny as of next season when he’s had a decent kick of the ball at building a squad & getting his ideas across & more of his own players in.

Not everyone’s cup of tea as a gaffer, but he’s a very well driven manager, believes in his principles & will work his tail off to try turn things around.

Wish him all the best & hope he proves a few folk wrong!

A decent kick off the ball?? Bring in his own players??? He’s been here four months now that excuse needs to go f**k me we’re getting humped 7-1 at our closest rivals in the league. A game which would have probably secured our safety if we had won. And he has now recruited 7 players do me a favour. 

1 hour ago, Pigeon English said:

If any current player is involved with prank calls they should be shown the door and told to gtf, given our current predicament.

Given we have the worse defensive record in the whole SPFL, I'd be interested to know why Jamie Todd was released with no apparent replacement lined up?

Next three months are vital for the club and it's time the players grew a set following yesterday's embarrassing capitulation otherwise it's the LL next season.

Wish I'd signed up to Pound per Point now!!

The boy doing the prank call is clear for all to see on the video, he’s not trying to hide. Wether he is an ex player or not I don’t know 

34 minutes ago, sydney said:

It’s just my opinion mate and as a non Berwick fan I’m not sure how my post can be described as ‘cocky’. 

Anyway Rovers have managed to amass 7 points in over half a season and if anything they seem to be getting worse as the season progresses. It will be a minor miracle given this record if they manage to stay up. 

Saying that any team are worse than Berwick ( in our current situation ) and saying they’ll  “ clearly  “ go down seems to me to be very cocky 

Has anyone any confidence in this ending well? I don’t. I base this in the fact this situation we are in has all stemmed from the boardroom and no it’s not just from the summer. This rot has been eating away at the club for years now and it’s looking like it could culminate with us losing league status and ultimately I’d say our very existence.

They’re taking us down, Lenny and Walla, they’re taking us down.

I think it should be made clear that absolutely no one on here will have anything personal against Harvey, when you come into the SPFL the level of scrutiny is much higher than the East of Scotland league and fans are more engaged and vocal. He hasn’t helped himself with post match comments but, certainly in my experience, he is the manager of a rival club so I want him to fail. I’m sure he knows this and expects stick himself. If he wants to succeed he will have to overcome this.

Football is a very fickle game.

I think it should be made clear that absolutely no one on here will have anything personal against Harvey, when you come into the SPFL the level of scrutiny is much higher than the East of Scotland league and fans are more engaged and vocal. He hasn’t helped himself with post match comments but, certainly in my experience, he is the manager of a rival club so I want him to fail. I’m sure he knows this and expects stick himself. If he wants to succeed he will have to overcome this.
Football is a very fickle game.
Your sentiment is well meaning and, in the majority, I think that's the case.

However, when some wee jakey sh!tebag records a confidential conversation, held in good faith, and shares it, one has to wonder.

Football can be utterly unscrupulous as well as fickle. Despicable behaviour; I hope some punitive measures can be taken.

9 hours ago, Macca1875 said:

Try not to post on p&b a lot unless it’s positive, but it’s a tough gig to take on at anytime never mind half way through the season.

Try judge Johnny as of next season when he’s had a decent kick of the ball at building a squad & getting his ideas across & more of his own players in.

Not everyone’s cup of tea as a gaffer, but he’s a very well driven manager, believes in his principles & will work his tail off to try turn things around.

Wish him all the best & hope he proves a few folk wrong!

I for one have always said the jury is out on Harvey I don't know which way it will go for him an interesting guy. On camera he has a very positive upbeat persona which I can  understand given where his team are at the moment trying to instil some positivity. However he needs to be careful as overtrading on this as with any aspect or trait can become a weakness. Having met him a couple of times off camera  one to one he comes across as a decent bloke quite measured.

He has a tough task ahead of him which I don't envy, having seen my own team in disarray for a few  seasons I don't take any satisfaction in seeing a  manger or club go through similar struggles I know how horrible it is.

As I say I genuinely don't know how his journey with Berwick will turn out  success or failure ?but what I have gleaned is there is more too him than the short post match interviews  posted on here.

4 minutes ago, A Believer said:

Football can be utterly unscrupulous as well as fickle. Despicable behaviour; I hope some punitive measures can be taken.

I agree fully with this tbh. You only have to look at teams within our division and their signing policy. 

The QP highlights are jaw droppingly awful. 

I doubt if it is possible to have 11 men on the pitch and afford the opposition so much space. They'd have to form a pyramid in one of the corners. Right from the outset we were regularly 20 yards or more away from the QP players. Astonishing. Fergie1 is right about the piss poor effort from our forwards. Healey, Willis, Knox - just terrible. Stonewall pen, and they should have had another. 

And Bob Wilson. Dear me. 

I so want Harvey to succeed but if he doesn't get this lot charging into tackles (and not getting sent off) next week, he needs to ask himself why 

From the outside looking in I can’t believe the manager is still being defended by so many on here. You have been pretty pish all season but at least competitive in most games.

Since Harvey has come in you are being completely over run. Yesterday’s result was an absolute shocker, indefensible. Your slide to oblivion seems to have picked up spectacular momentum under this manager.

3 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

From the outside looking in I can’t believe the manager is still being defended by so many on here. You have been pretty pish all season but at least competitive in most games.

Since Harvey has come in you are being completely over run. Yesterday’s result was an absolute shocker, indefensible. Your slide to oblivion seems to have picked up spectacular momentum under this manager.

THIS, exactly this!!!!

9 minutes ago, Redcar said:

The QP highlights are jaw droppingly awful. 

I doubt if it is possible to have 11 men on the pitch and afford the opposition so much space. They'd have to form a pyramid in one of the corners. Right from the outset we were regularly 20 yards or more away from the QP players. Astonishing. Fergie1 is right about the piss poor effort from our forwards. Healey, Willis, Knox - just terrible. Stonewall pen, and they should have had another. 

And Bob Wilson. Dear me. 

I so want Harvey to succeed but if he doesn't get this lot charging into tackles (and not getting sent off) next week, he needs to ask himself why 

I can’t believe you haven’t singled out the performances of brown and Hume in that they looked absolutely shocking. I think it’s clear from the highlights the manger does not have the backing of the players and even his own players he has brought in, the keeper a fine example of that. Surely  defeat next week has to be curtains and bring in somebody who is going to install some discipline. I can see this going down to essentially a 2 legged play off with the 2 games left with us and Albion. Albion WILL win another game this season. We will be lucky to score another goal this season. 

45 minutes ago, A Believer said:

Your sentiment is well meaning and, in the majority, I think that's the case.

However, when some wee jakey sh!tebag records a confidential conversation, held in good faith, and shares it, one has to wonder.

Again I belive it shows the manager out his depth, he has no idea who the person is he is meant to be speaking to yet carries on and discusses financial negotiations. If you ever get to see the recording you will understand what I mean. 

On 22/01/2019 at 13:11, gameofthrones said:

Speaking to one of the management team after a decent performance against Peterhead at the weekend he said confidence is quite high in the squad so should be interesting to see how they perform this weekend v QP.

Well it was more than interesting how the Berwick players performed vs QP this weekend. 

Got to go now, busy negotiating a deal with Johnny for 2 Burntisland Shipyard players to head to Berwick.