Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Was just surprised at how terrible Berwick were that day. Must have been a particularly bad day at the office but rarely have I seen us cruise through a match so easily. Especially surprising given what heavy going we made of the previous 2 meetings before that.

Edited to add: How is Jack Ogilvie getting on with you? Hard to judge him on that performance against us as your whole team played awful that day. He did get caught in possession quite a lot though. Scored against us earlier in the season also mind you.

Ogilvie is OK, but he's young and playing in a position where we need someone with experience and nous. 

Shows flashes of speed and skill, but a bit lightweight in my opinion. One for the future really.

11 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

We made an offer for George Hunter in May, you’re a little late with that news. 

Serioulsy getting the Heebie Jeebies about this window and the remainder of the season. 

Well your manager confirmed you made a bid Friday. Grant Rose going the other way... or was that just Harvey being hung out like a kipper?

6 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Striker. Was at St Johnstone I’m sure. 

If your talking about Hunter he was with Livii as a youngster then  Spartans moved to St Johnstone and was loaned out to Airdrie and Ellgin for a spell. Joined Selkirk when he got released by Saints before moving to Nitten.

18 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

I fancy my chances of getting 20 goals in a league featuring Tweedmouth, Hawick and Peebles. 

Bit harsh judging Adamson playing against that lot that has been just this season his previous 8 would have been against stronger opposition in the juniors.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

If your talking about Hunter he was with Livii as a youngster then  Spartans moved to St Johnstone and was loaned out to Airdrie and Ellgin for a spell. Joined Selkirk when he got released by Saints before moving to Nitten.

Great so if he was at Selkirk last season we would have the Selkirk strike force from last season, Healy and hunter. Where did they finish in the lowland league... because we might go 1 better next season. 

On 20/01/2019 at 21:46, Fergie1 said:

If their budgets are such a major factor then you could argue that a better manager for these teams (Peterhead and Clyde)  as well would mean they wouldn’t currently be in this league they would have been promoted and stayed in league 1 or better. as I referred to earlier and I’ll repeat, what about Montrose and Stenhousemuir last year?  The same three teams had similar budgets to what they have now.

Of course manager plays a huge part. 

Sorry for being concerned regarding my clubs current situation and failing to see any real improvement since the manager has came in. 

Hopefully we will get a better picure this weekend then if every1 believes the top 3 are so superior. 

And let’s pray Albion don’t get anything at home to Stirling. 

I think we got a better picture this weekend!!!!! 

But sure it is all down to to budgets!!! 

5 minutes ago, A Believer said:
13 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:
So....
Now what?

No change, but a time for backbone and unity. Not a time for knee-jerking or capitulation. Hasty, ill-considered change and chucking in the towel would be typical but wrong IMHO.

Yawn

Johnny Harveys did say he would not be at Berwick long when he first got the manager's job.

Agree time is not now to sack him, keep him until after 9th March after the mighty Cowden have beaten you 5 NiI and you have had 4 players sent off. 

Now get his post match interview up on here for us all to see the man in action.

6 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Johnny Harveys did say he would not be at Berwick long when he first got the manager's job.

Agree time is not now to sack him, keep him until after 9th March after the mighty Cowden have beaten you 5 NiI and you have had 4 players sent off. 

Now get his post match interview up on here for us all to see the man in action.

Should have a what will Johnny say sweep stake.

Most tiresome bit of all this is having to scroll past the amoebic Cowden posts. 

Harvey seemed to identify many of the under achievers early on, but then kept picking some of them. 

I thought his team selection looked good today, but that either shows how much I know, or shows that there is something else not entirely right. QP ain't that good.