Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Really unlucky not to get a replay yesterday. Confidence running through the team right now and football great to watch.

Robbie Horn deserves huge credit for plucking Daryl Healy from Selkirk. What a player the lad is turning into and the improvement he has shown over the last three months has been fantastic.

Great buzz about the place again and some great work been done off the field by the board.

Having not been around the town for a while,it’s always good to see folk proudly wearing a BRFC scarf. Starved of success we have a support there that needs to be attracted back.
Have just been able to absorb some of what went on yesterday. Breathless at times. We sometimes just need to be cannier and more composed. But the signs are definitely there.
The unity between players and bench when we scored the third goal yesterday was immense. Hope this all bodes well for the season ahead.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Wayne "Nae Brain" McIntosh wasn't playing for Penicuik today. 

A trialist gets two goals for Berwick. 

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but.... 

17.gif

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Wayne "Nae Brain" McIntosh wasn't playing for Penicuik today. 

A trialist gets two goals for Berwick. 

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but.... 

To be fair though, you are in the right bit of woodland. 

Lewis Barr, who came over from Penicuik a month ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the Annan highlights and had to go immediately to the pub. 

Man Utd are the latest to show that a new manager can suddenly get more out of decent players, but to be fair to Harvey his post match interview reveals that he agrees with the fans - we haven't got many decent players. 

Brennan committed another Walkeresque howler yesterday but I reckon he is just - just - good enough at this level if he ever enjoys playing with some pals who can defend. 41 goals conceded in 16 games is beyond inept. 

So which outfield players do you think have the basic ability to stay on after the January window? (with only 1 game left in a truly gruesome 2018 - against Edinburgh! - it is surely not disrespectful or overly negative for long suffering fans to name names).

Well, I'd keep the Penicuik 3 as it may be too early to judge. And I'd keep Orru. Cook, Todd, Mcilduff, Healey, Willis and See and Murphy too if he ever heals up. 

I hope Wilson, O'Kane and Murrell receive cricket bats or similar for Xmas. They need to try something else. 

Brown, Phillips and Neill need to seek out the recruitment manager at Albion Rovers

Of the loanees, I'd hang on to Hamilton, but Ogilvie and Hurst need to use their return ticket. 

That would mean signing at least half a dozen new players, perhaps some on loan

Bring a calculator this Saturday. 

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all my fellow long suffering BRFC fans! 

Let's pick ourselves up and cheer on our motley crew on Saturday (a pre-match drink or 6 might help).

Let's not take their performance against EC too seriously 'cos it won't help.

Let's have a larf and enjoy their Xmas bloopers.

Lets leave all the stress and angst until the New Year.

After all, it's only a game.

Best wishes to you all,

Pugsley.   :whistle

Edited by Pugsley
spelling mistake

• 2 weeks later...