Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Harvey raiding an ex club? Well I never. Not sure how the registrations work as you’d not normally be able to sign players out with the window. 

Playing as trialists till January I think. Also, I'm told they can only play 3 times each as trialists, so hoping for a freeze up in December. 

Just now, Redcar said:

Playing as trialists till January I think. Also, I'm told they can only play 3 times each as trialists, so hoping for a freeze up in December. 

Kyle Alison signed for Berwick from Pencuik recently and has been sitting on the bench as a signed player.

I'm not sure how it's possible though.

36 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Kyle Alison signed for Berwick from Pencuik recently and has been sitting on the bench as a signed player.

I'm not sure how it's possible though.

Really can't be sure, but someone said he hadn't played for Penicuik this season. Maybe he was a free agent? 

Last time we won back to back league matches in the same season was 24th April 2016. In that period we've managed two wins on the bounce if you include the Scottish Cup but not collected 6 points from two consecutive league performances. Fingers crossed for the weekend. 

Edited by Disc Potato

35 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Last time we won back to back league matches in the same season was 24th April 2016. In that period we've managed two wins on the bounce if you include the Scottish Cup but not collected 6 points from two consecutive league performances. Fingers crossed for the weekend. 

Good stat. Might not get many better chances to do it - the trialists and return of those suspended should be a boost. 

You can field a player released after the transfer window as a trialist, or sign him as an amateur short term till January I think. Lovely result for you at Elgin, enjoy.
Can you play trialist in the Scottish cup?

2 minutes ago, BJW said:
On 11/11/2018 at 23:23, WC Boggs said:
You can field a player released after the transfer window as a trialist, or sign him as an amateur short term till January I think. Lovely result for you at Elgin, enjoy.

No.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 23:23, WC Boggs said:

Out of interest can you take a player you released outside the window and signed as an amateur, and convert them into a professional during a window?

Afraid not.

Out of interest can you take a player you released outside the window and signed as an amateur, and convert them into a professional during a window?

Do you mean released by the same club mate? If the the question is, if Berwick release Lavery (for instance) can they then re-sign him as an amateur, then permanently again when the window opens, then yes you can mate and we did just that with Willie Robertson the first time he retired for work reasons.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Do you mean released by the same club mate? If the the question is, if Berwick release Lavery (for instance) can they then re-sign him as an amateur, then permanently again when the window opens, then yes you can mate and we did just that with Willie Robertson the first time he retired for work reasons.

Nah I mean a player is released from Club A (say at the start of November) and signs for Club B as an amateur. Can they put him on a professional contract and start paying him come January, or must he remain as an amateur?

Nah I mean a player is released from Club A (say at the start of November) and signs for Club B as an amateur. Can they put him on a professional contract and start paying him come January, or must he remain as an amateur?
Im sure the club can sign him on a professional deal as soon as the window opens, as Stirling will probably do with Mackin in January.