Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Half of the Board - gone

Manager- gone

Coaching staff - all gone

Physio - gone

Many fans were demanding change, and we've certainly got it. Hope Johnny Harvey can get something extra from the players or they too will be gone in January.

Next 2 Saturdays will be very interesting!

Nothing against Miles or Jim who is leaving after Saturday's match but it's surely for the best that a manager appoints his own backroom team.

I think our recruitment team deserve a lot of credit for this appointment and the speed at which they moved to have a new manager in place with two sessions ahead of an important cup game. If we had been in Stirling Albion's position there would be huge unrest ahead of Saturday.

Fingers crossed for this weekend.'

Lot of pressure on his first afternoon out at home. I agree it is better to have someone in the seat however we lose it’s unthinkable.
This is a massive game for us, a big day for Gretna players but they have nothing to lose. It’s Hawick all over. We really need a win to get the season going, a loss and no cup money. We hope and pray it’s a winning start. Think I’ll save the board backslapping until it’s job done.

6 hours ago, Marten said:

I've chosen a nice time for my first visit to Shielfield tomorrow I see.

Are there any decent pubs near the ground where fans drink before the game? Thanks in advance!

Have always found the Black & Gold social club right next to the main stand very welcoming the guy that works the bar & his staff are spot on.

17 hours ago, Marten said:

I've chosen a nice time for my first visit to Shielfield tomorrow I see.

Are there any decent pubs near the ground where fans drink before the game? Thanks in advance!

The club has it's owns wee bar, right next to the main door.

Also, all fans are invited to the JB Lounge upstairs at the ground after each game for after match drinks. 

20 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Lot of pressure on his first afternoon out at home. I agree it is better to have someone in the seat however we lose it’s unthinkable.
This is a massive game for us, a big day for Gretna players but they have nothing to lose. It’s Hawick all over. We really need a win to get the season going, a loss and no cup money. We hope and pray it’s a winning start. Think I’ll save the board backslapping until it’s job done.

Berwick act to fill their vacancy with the cup match in mind, Stirling Albion fail to fill their vacancy.  

In a cab, how did those teams do today? 

Berwick act to fill their vacancy with the cup match in mind, Stirling Albion fail to fill their vacancy.  

In what way have we failed to fill our vacancy? It was always our intention to have our interviews tomorrow and have a new man in place to take training on Tuesday and prepare for the league game against Edinburgh on Saturday so I’m not sure where you get that we have failed in our search for a new manager.

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

In what way have we failed to fill our vacancy? It was always our intention to have our interviews tomorrow and have a new man in place to take training on Tuesday and prepare for the league game against Edinburgh on Saturday so I’m not sure where you get that we have failed in our search for a new manager.

Apologies, fail was a badly chosen word.

Stirling Albion's delay in appointing a new manager would have fitted better.

Dont see why a club needs the best part of four weeks to fill that role at our level. Didn't do your chances of progress any good yesterday. 

I was rightly crediting our board for their decision. I'm quick to dish it out when things are going badly but happy to credit when it's deserved. 

Well, that was a good trip out yesterday. As some people might know, I moved to Scotland in the summer of 2017 and don't have a particular favourite team. Instead, I decided to do "the 42" and go to various non-league grounds, which is imo a great way to see Scotland (and Berwick). Berwick is a lovely town, enjoyed walking around/sightseeing before and after the game and I had some good chats with locals in some pubs before the game. The bars at the ground were good as well and had more chats with friendly locals. It was a decent game for a neutral with a well deserved victory for Berwick. I enjoyed Shielfield Park and I really enjoyed the friendliness of the people in Berwick. This was definitely one of my better trips since I started this "groundhopping". Good luck for the rest of the season. :) 

Comfortable win for Berwick yesterday, though it was against a team that showed why it is struggling in the Lowland League.

The new boss will have learned a lot. Effort can't be questioned, but this team lacks confidence and the Dodgy last 10 minutes sums that up just as much as the poor final balls at the end of good moves that could have seen us 6-0 up. The win will help a lot with that, though.

Some glimpses of real skill and pace so plenty of promise ahead of next week's game v Cowden. 

Edited by Redcar

I suppose Johnny Harvey was bound to be positive and upbeat so early in. 

2 games in though, we've learned nowt about how we might progress. The cup win was against a poor Lowland League side, and the Cowden game went tits up before the pies arrived. 

This Saturday won't help either with all of our central defenders injured or suspended, so very much a one-off team selection. 

As far as individual performances are concerned last Saturday, I was very impressed with Chris Hamilton's confidence and ability on the ball and also with Hurst and Brown and to a lesser extent Scott and Orru. So, plenty of promise once they are all available again. 

Willis on the other hand, looks he needs a holiday. 

• 2 weeks later...