Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Hi “Sam”. Who are these ambitious clubs? I feel you don’t have a clue what you are talking about and are some bitter individual who has an axe to grind.

Don't own an axe bud, ambitious clubs, Cove, Spartans, Kelty etc not surprised you don't have a clue, don't think you have a clue on much actually

7 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Don't own an axe bud, ambitious clubs, Cove, Spartans, Kelty etc not surprised you don't have a clue, don't think you have a clue on much actually

Ahh okay ambition based on overspending. Glad we cleared that up. 

That French team dossing about the Lowland League are ambitious too. Why do you not include them and their 9 fans?

Ahh okay ambition based on overspending. Glad we cleared that up. 
That French team dossing about the Lowland League are ambitious too. Why do you not include them and their 9 fans?

Cause they're not ambitious, though probably as much as say Albion Rovers Cowdenbeath or Berwick who have dossed around in the so called senior league for years, next few years will sort that out when ultimately the three mentioned will be replaced by Kelty, Linlithgow, Penicuik etc.

Cause they're not ambitious, though probably as much as say Albion Rovers Cowdenbeath or Berwick who have dossed around in the so called senior league for years, next few years will sort that out when ultimately the three mentioned will be replaced by Kelty, Linlithgow, Penicuik etc.

Your taking slavering to a new level Slaverysam. Very entertaining though. Keep it up.

1 hour ago, Slaverysam said:

Cowdenbeath that were playing Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in league matches not that long ago yeah? Linlithgow have been very average for years (money dried up?), Penicuik have achieved very little and Kelty are being bankrolled - as far as I am aware.

Why are Edusport not ambitious? Their owner talked about being in the SPFL soon, or do they not count as they are some fuddy duddy ex junior club?

Cause they're not ambitious, though probably as much as say Albion Rovers Cowdenbeath or Berwick who have dossed around in the so called senior league for years,

You say they all lack ambition but they were promoted:

Berwick Rangers in 2007

Albion Rovers in 2015

Cowdenbeath in 2012

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Cowdenbeath that were playing Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in league matches not that long ago yeah? Linlithgow have been very average for years (money dried up?), Penicuik have achieved very little and Kelty are being bankrolled - as far as I am aware.

Why are Edusport not ambitious? Their owner talked about being in the SPFL soon, or do they not count as they are some fuddy duddy ex junior club?

Always Kelty being bankrolled, aren’t all teams being bankrolled or am I missing something???? 

Youll find Kelty putting foundations in at every level so there’s a natural progression of players from kids to first team hopefully but all teams need financial backing pure and simple fact 

12 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Always Kelty being bankrolled, aren’t all teams being bankrolled or am I missing something???? 

Youll find Kelty putting foundations in at every level so there’s a natural progression of players from kids to first team hopefully but all teams need financial backing pure and simple fact 

Kelty have a fantastic set up and put a lot of clubs to shame but lets not pretend that they weren't offering wages higher than a lot of League 1 clubs at one point.

54 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Muzza81 is clearly scared the teams like Cove, Spartans and East Kilbride will replace Cowdenbeath sometime soon in the SPFL. Seems to be the kind of supporter that would give up on Cowdenbeath if they were relegated to Lowland League, clubs status in league more important to him than the club itself.

Vast majority of Cowdenbeath fans I know are decent guys ,a few on here seem to have a superiority complex ,seem to be quite willing to have a pop at teams like Cove, Spartans and East Kilbride.

To be fair, with Cowdenbeath's recent history against Cove I can't blame any of their fans for having a pop at Cove.

57 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Muzza81 is clearly scared the teams like Cove, Spartans and East Kilbride will replace Cowdenbeath sometime soon in the SPFL. Seems to be the kind of supporter that would give up on Cowdenbeath if they were relegated to Lowland League, clubs status in league more important to him than the club itself.

Vast majority of Cowdenbeath fans I know are decent guys ,a few on here seem to have a superiority complex ,seem to be quite willing to have a pop at teams like Cove, Spartans and East Kilbride.

To be fair knowing Muzz for years I reckon he would still follow us in the LL he's just a wind up merchant on here. For myself I don't mind Spartans and EK been at loads of Spartans games over the years and I have also been quoted on here many times saying EK are the best non league side we have played in recent years so no problem with them also, not a great lover of Cove after the play off game with them mind you:lol: but if they ever get into the SPFL so be it.

Anyway better move on from all this non Berwick stuff on a Berwick thread.

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

I've seen Cowdenbeath lose 10-0 and 8-0 in league matches, if I have an superiority complex it is the worst complex recorded. If anything you seen to have an inferiority complex, gogsy.

Why are 'non league' fans so precious though? I am all for the pyramid, it is a great thing and I will be delighted when more and more teams drop in and out of the 'league' structure. I have shouted that bottom should get relegated straight away for years.

Lets not make out that Cove and EK are the only progressive, ambitious sides out there. Singling these clubs out like they are some sort of saviour of the non leagues. There are absolutely loads but they don't have the money or infrastructure these clubs have.

3 hours ago, The_Judge said:

I think that's what signifies ambition.  It's only a problem if it's money you don't have.

Perhaps, but what happens when the money dries up? You are saying Gretna didn't have a problem when outbidding Aberdeen for players?