Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

4 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Anything interesting from the talk-in?

Nothing I hadn't heard before. Frustration with the boardroom battles, poor budget, difficult to attract players, not feasible to get players from north-east due to travelling distance/time, different culture these days,  much more competition for players from emerging junior clubs,, unable to say much about Lavery, Jed Davie has left as he prefers golf, morale is OK, Ouzy See might be back before end of season. It was honest and Robbie came across very well, but not hugely revealing. 

Absolutely gutted to hear Robbie is away. I’ve no doubt he’ll be a success somewhere else but I know how much he wanted to succeed at Berwick. Big big decision for the board to pick a successor. Possibly the biggest managerial decision they have ever had to make. Please not Jimmy Thomson for a third spell

It was always my concern with Robbie returning as manager that it wouldn't end well although obviously not good to hear about health issues... I'm sure I half-jokingly said that it if didn't turn out well he'd go in October 2018 - albeit that was thinking a Scottish Cup exit could prove a hurdle too far. Hopefully he can get back on track and if possible find a more rewarding post in the non-leagues.

Aside from Robbie's health, it's probably a good time as we've no game next week and a vital but (comparatively) winnable home tie v Gretna 2008 in the Scottish Cup the following weekend.

Apart from a brief spell in each half today's game looked like teams literally in different leagues - hopefully it isn't headed that way unless City are going up - but unclear I'd suppose how much the manager's situation affected the team.

As above, good guy who gave his best under extremely difficult circumstances.
Prospective candidates??

Ian Fergus and David Bingham caught the eye at Selkirk when they were there

working under a limited budget, they still managed to bring in decent players and develop young players including young Healy who is with us now.

1 hour ago, NE63 exile said:

Absolutely gutted to hear Robbie is away. I’ve no doubt he’ll be a success somewhere else but I know how much he wanted to succeed at Berwick. Big big decision for the board to pick a successor. Possibly the biggest managerial decision they have ever had to make. Please not Jimmy Thomson for a third spell

Time for the return of the Cough:whistle

It has to come back to the shambles that is the board. What exactly the chairman and his cohorts have brought to this club defies me. All that crap about Lenny being the man...what a crock. RH never stood a chance. I said he would walk and he has. Shame on us