Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

Ah ffs lad, what do you want him to do instead? Take over first team training or replace Brennan in goal?
Things might not be ideal on the pitch, but that doesn't mean you can do something fun for social media and fan outreach.
It isn't fun, its bollocks that makes it look as though the club don't give a f**k that we're getting slapped at home off shit like Elgin. Save it for a time where it's appropriate.

1 minute ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:
4 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:
Ah ffs lad, what do you want him to do instead? Take over first team training or replace Brennan in goal?
Things might not be ideal on the pitch, but that doesn't mean you can do something fun for social media and fan outreach.

It isn't fun, its bollocks that makes it look as though the club don't give a f**k that we're getting slapped at home off shit like Elgin. Save it for a time where it's appropriate.

That's not how social media works, if anything it'd be good to have something positive going around. Should we stop selling hospitality packages as well until the team comes good again?

That's not how social media works, if anything it'd be good to have something positive going around. Should we stop selling hospitality packages as well until the team comes good again?
How is it positive? Its an absolute irrelevance designed to give you and him a chance to stroke yourselves and your egos over replica kits. No one gives a f**k. As for hospitality, aye probably, though anyone stupid enough to pay for em gets what they deserve.

1 minute ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:
3 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

How is it positive? Its an absolute irrelevance designed to give you and him a chance to stroke yourselves and your egos over replica kits. No one gives a f**k. As for hospitality, aye probably, though anyone stupid enough to pay for em gets what they deserve.

No need for the antagonism, mate. Hardly ego-stroking when it's the club's name attached to the project anyway. If it's not for you then that's wholly fine but there's no need for this much seethe over a couple of retro shirts.

29 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Has jack ogilvie had much game time for Berwick?

No. Started one game (I think) got 10 minutes yesterday. Hasn't really shown much to be honest, but hasn't had much chance to, either.

There were 4 old BRFC teamsheets in yesterday's programme, spanning the last 15 years.

The centre-halves included Grant McNicoll, Robbie Horn, Stephen Tulloch, Jamie Ewart, Andy McLean and Mark Cowan.

Defensive midfielders included Gary Greenhill, Steve Notman, Stuart Fraser and Iain Thomson.

We conceded 4 goals over those 4 games.

Currently we have Wilson, Todd and O'Kane and in 11 competitive games have shipped 30 goals.

Players, dear boy, players.

On 9/16/2018 at 20:48, berwick-the-unbeatable said:
On 9/16/2018 at 20:46, DutchBorderer said:

Mr berwick-the-unbeatable,

I have highlighted 2 sections of your post which sum you up nicely... you are an irrelevant wan*er... even your name on here is, not only factually incorrect but in view of the current situation makes you look like a completely deluded imbecile.

You suggest earlier in this thread that the retro shirt thing should be saved for a time when it is appropriate... you should do the same with yourself on here, with such a stupid name you should  go away until a more appropriate time... when we are in fact unbeatable, otherwise your very presence is making the club look like a laughing stock and may well be deterring  potential players who might like to sign for the club but then read P&B and think to themselves "why would I want to join a club whose support includes such brain dead fu**wits as the idiot who calls us unbeatable... he is just taking the p*ss"

One positive thing about the club right now is its social media profile which has improved out of sight since the "Donald Trump of self opinionated greatness" who could not even decide what his own name is... Dale Jones or is it McRea?? left... he even had the clubs official e-mail set up so he got a copy of every thing the club sent or received direct to his own inbox, including after he left for Gods sake!! The club get e-mail CVs for the managers position and old Dale knows about it before the club do!!

Then he has the gall to come on here and slag off the very people who are trying as far as they can to raise the profile of the Club.

Dale... complete ar*ewipe.

That is all!

Thank you. Coo coo8)

Mr berwick-the-unbeatable,
I have highlighted 2 sections of your post which sum you up nicely... you are an irrelevant wan*er... even your name on here is, not only factually incorrect but in view of the current situation makes you look like a completely deluded imbecile.
You suggest earlier in this thread that the retro shirt thing should be saved for a time when it is appropriate... you should do the same with yourself on here, with such a stupid name you should  go away until a more appropriate time... when we are in fact unbeatable, otherwise your very presence is making the club look like a laughing stock and may well be deterring  potential players who might like to sign for the club but then read P&B and think to themselves "why would I want to join a club whose support includes such brain dead fu**wits as the idiot who calls us unbeatable... he is just taking the p*ss"
One positive thing about the club right now is its social media profile which has improved out of sight since the "Donald Trump of self opinionated greatness" who could not even decide what his own name is... Dale Jones or is it McRea?? left... he even had the clubs official e-mail set up so he got a copy of every thing the club sent or received direct to his own inbox, including after he left for Gods sake!! The club get e-mail CVs for the managers position and old Dale knows about it before the club do!!
Then he has the gall to come on here and slag off the very people who are trying as far as they can to raise the profile of the Club.
Dale... complete ar*ewipe.
That is all!
Thank you. Coo coo8)
Never been funny, still not

1 hour ago, The Pidgeon said:

otherwise your very presence is making the club look like a laughing stock and may well be deterring  potential players who might like to sign for the club but then read P&B and think to themselves "why would I want to join a club whose support includes such brain dead fu**wits as the idiot who calls us unbeatable... he is just taking the p*ss"

That is all!

Thank you. Coo coo8)

If you think pnb is deterring players from joining Berwick then I think you really need a reality check.

Finance is what will deter players from signing for Berwick. That or the location will most probably deter players from signing for Berwick especially now wi the new EOSFL set up in place with all the ex junior clubs hungry for success. 

PnB I think is not the answer to Berwick s growing problems at the minute.

Some input for you to discuss. 

That is all from me. 

Everyone's got their own point of view on here so there really is no point getting into arguments when it's just a fan forum for debate at the end of the day.

Lets not let it go all Facebook with slaggings followed by "U ok? PM me *** xx"

On the football side there's no getting past the fact that they're playing shite and any/every fan has all the right in the world to say that on here cause its true, after all the disaster off the pitch in the boardroom, on the pitch its somehow looking even worse!

On the point of deterring players from joining, being slagged off for performance is part of a footballers job for crying out loud, every player in the world has their critics. Robbie horn should be using it in the whole "go out and prove them b*****ds wrong!"

Not much prospect of defenders stepping up to the first team from the reserves then.

Only players that are available are those rejected by other clubs. That will largely be true in January, too. Occasional gems in the form of loanees (Crane, Hamilton etc) but most of them are also duds.

I'm sure there will be signings, but this is not an easy task for the boss even with more money. 

Just 2 half decent defenders would make a big difference though, especially a left back. Oh, and dragging Notman out of retirement.

Not much prospect of defenders stepping up to the first team from the reserves then.

A little harsh; if I may, heavy defeats don't always equate to poor defensive players. In this case, as the match report bore-out (and my personal experience watching), this was a reserve team from a club 3 layers above us, with first team players and very high quality full-time youngsters befitting their league status. Understandible in many ways, but might I suggest a little more context and pragmatism in comments relating to our youngsters please.

• 2 weeks later...

WIth the previous thread having disappeared overnight, it's high time we got a new one to host general BRFC chatter.

After beating Albion Rovers 3 to 5, the Black & Gold have lost three matches in a row with the most recent being a 2-3 v. Clyde, with the Bully Wee  overcoming a two goal deficit to beat us at Shielfield.

The next match on the fixture list is Edinburgh City at Spartans' home ground, which will be as tough as they come with considering ECFC are sitting on 21 points from 8 matches in the League. Hopefully Robbie can use training this week to have the existing squad gel with the new loanees (Dabrowski, Hurst, Hamilton) and Mcilduff ahead of three pivotal ties in October; Gretna (Cup) and Cowden will visit Shielfield, followed by a visit to Forthbank where we face the only team to have lost a competitive fixture v. Albion Rovers this season.

This thread is sponsored by my daft wee site about football shirts; https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/06/25/matchworn-berwick-rangers-2017-2018-home-shirt/

20180621_174034.jpg