Berwick Rangers 2018/2019 Thread

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What was young McCrorie like last year?

Won several end of season awards.  Young enough to suffer from the occasional cock-up, but otherwise excellent.

Maybe no more player news till June. Current signed players:

GK - Adams, Brennan

DEF - Cook, Wilson, Fleming, Todd, Orru

MID - O'Kane, Willis, Lavery

FWD - See, Rose 

Presumably, Murrell, Stewart and Phillips are mulling over a contract offer that may well be of less value than last years. Anyone know if that is true? Also, anyone know how well Ouzy See's recovery is going??

24 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Also, anyone know how well Ouzy See's recovery is going??

He's in Barcelona with his mates according to his instagram - still on crutches

Edited by dougster

Group F it is, with the Accies, Livingston, Airdrie, and Annan.

Not a horrible draw all things considered, even if we run into two Prem teams. Interesting to see how the match v. Livi will play out, considering that team should be well in flux because of the promotion.

DeD3Tx4X0AIbDQU.jpg

Edited by DutchBorderer

Group F it is, with the Accies, Livingston, Airdrie, and Annan.
Not a horrible draw all things considered, even if we run into two Prem teams. Interesting to see how the match v. Livi will play out
Yeh,bearing in mind who will be in the boardroom

David Letham of Fife won the home shirt sponsorhip draw, wonder what he'll stick on the shirts. Maybe his own blog? EDIT; David will donate the space on the home kit to a local charity, think it's reasonable to assume BARK animal shelter will get the nod.

Away sponsorship yielded Forklift Border Instruction of Berwick, who have this as a logo (hope that, if we get a new away top, it won't look too bad);

5b09a691e8ddb_ForkliftBorderInstruction.png.67d966907c4a491f6181d763694f8522.png

Edited by DutchBorderer

I think I'll form a company for next year's draw. Based in the Glasgow area it will promote team building through recreating scenes from the first Indiana Jones film. 

I would really like to see the company's name on Berwick's shirts: Clyde Ark Hunts. 

So the charity will stick to their round, black/white logo. Could've been much worse, imagine if the Forlift lads had won the home shirt draw; you would have had that blue/yellow look horrible on the black and gold (we are retaining the same design). We can only hope the new away kit, whatever colours it will end up being, will be slightly compatible with FlBI.

5b0c315c92b45_b5ADavXB_400x4001.jpg.4d886a9de2410da27816564810ae2100.jpg

On 10/05/2018 at 20:20, big al said:

Anyway you are signing or have signed the big strong centre mid from LTHV. He’s regarded as 1 of if not their best player.

Still waiting for this one.

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Still waiting for this one.

Was just something I was told. Not really something I’m going to make up.

couldnt care if he signs or not. 

I guess not all deals go the full way to completion 

On 26/05/2018 at 21:22, tamthebam said:

I think I'll form a company for next year's draw. Based in the Glasgow area it will promote team building through recreating scenes from the first Indiana Jones film. 

I would really like to see the company's name on Berwick's shirts: Clyde Ark Hunts. 

Okay Rodney Dangerfield GIF - Okay RodneyDangerfield GIFs

Any truth in Tweedmouth Rangers ground sharing the main pitch at Shielfield next season?
That'd be a bit if an odd one, as both pitches are less than volume resistant durung the rainy season. TRFC currently share changing facilities; might that fact be germinating the rumour?

4 hours ago, A Believer said:
17 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:
Any truth in Tweedmouth Rangers ground sharing the main pitch at Shielfield next season?

That'd be a bit if an odd one, as both pitches are less than volume resistant durung the rainy season. TRFC currently share changing facilities; might that fact be germinating the rumour?

2 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Yes it's true, another ludicrous decision for the sake of a few pennies. 

Cheers guys I seen it on another forum and the guy who posted it is usually bang on with these sort of things.  I thought the pitch would be an issue with a move like that given the games called off last season and as mentioned I would expect it to be really worth it financially.