The Inevitability of 2 in a row (Dundee v Killie - 6th Oct)

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Brophy does seem to have a bit of the “look at me” about him. Which is good for a goal scorer I suppose.

I'd be trying to get people to look in the opposite direction if I had a pus like that. 

I'm not bothered though. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Also, what was Brophys celebration about? Always found it bizarre when players point to their name directed towards the opposition, it's almost like saying, 'This is who I am'. Bizarre.

He's nicknamed "The Wolf", and  puts his hands like that to represent the letter W. I tend to agree with you, a bit cheesy but the young ones seem to love it - and it's a great bit of "personal impact management" to get all worky and wanky as it's Monday morning. 

What do you think is the root of Stewart's lack of affection for Dundee? I'd have totally assumed the opposite. 

21 minutes ago, Estragon said:

What do you think is the root of Stewart's lack of affection for Dundee? I'd have totally assumed the opposite. 

There's rumours/speculation/educated guesswork that Scott Bain - one of his best mates - told him that McCann is a p***k so he was maybe trying to stick the boot in there. I thought it was a bit weird that he was so keen to bury us considering we gave him his chance at a higher level. 

He can do a cruciate as well this season as far as I'm concerned. And then a hammy on his first game back. 

Just seen the penalty award and there's no doubt about it, it's a sore one to concede I'm sure.

I feel that Jones extends his trailing leg hoping to find the defender challenging for the ball - in the same way as almost every attacker does in similar situations - but the defender doesn't move as JJ expects and he hits the deck without touching him.  Certainly still pleased to get the three points, but I don't think we should engage in any whatabouttery - a two match ban expected.

Obviously if it was to happen to any non-OF outfit, I'm glad it happened to Neil McCann - but aye, bit pish lads.

31 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Just seen the penalty award and there's no doubt about it, it's a sore one to concede I'm sure.

I feel that Jones extends his trailing leg hoping to find the defender challenging for the ball - in the same way as almost every attacker does in similar situations - but the defender doesn't move as JJ expects and he hits the deck without touching him.  Certainly still pleased to get the three points, but I don't think we should engage in any whatabouttery - a two match ban expected.

Obviously if it was to happen to any non-OF outfit, I'm glad it happened to Neil McCann - but aye, bit pish lads.

If you want to give balanced opinions F*** Off to the UN,

this is a P+B match thread , a biased, inaccurate, factually deficient, raging, seething,slevering celebration of one upmanship and winduppery .

If Jones gets a two game suspension I will be livid, Killie's next two games are against St Mirren and Hamilton, two games we actually want Killie to win to do us a favour. Luckily I expect even a half strength Killie to roll those two sides over but it shows how ridiculous this retroactive punishment for diving is. If a player dives and cons the ref, the only punishment should be for the gullible ref who got conned.

If Jones gets a two game suspension I will be livid, Killie's next two games are against St Mirren and Hamilton, two games we actually want Killie to win to do us a favour. Luckily I expect even a half strength Killie to roll those two sides over but it shows how ridiculous this retroactive punishment for diving is. If a player dives and cons the ref, the only punishment should be for the gullible ref who got conned.

I wish Killie an easy six points from their next two games.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

With such a contentious and soft penalty decision, it would be very easy to be rattled about it, but what I like about Dundee fans is how well they've...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3324987/steven-mclean-dundee-fans-complaint-sfa-kilmarnock-jordan-jones/

Oh wait never mind 

I’m guessing chewing taffies name is at the top of the complaint 

On 10/8/2018 at 00:25, Ludo*1 said:

I have a feeling he has a dislike for Dundee as he wasn't receptive to the applause he got and he fought for the penalty. 

He gave a thumbs up after he got a clap when he was away to take his first corner. It wasn't anything massive or cringy but he definitely did respond.

I believe that authorities have requested a new Fire Safety Inspection Certificate for the Main Stand at Dens Park after Away fans were led down dangerous dark stepways by stewards carrying mini torches, also the cooking ovens smelled of overheating whilst cremating the pehs. This may of course be a total fabrication of the truth, but who knows.

Archived