The Inevitability of 2 in a row (Dundee v Killie - 6th Oct)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So why aren't Dee fans citing the clear penalty we should have had when your player cheated by handling the ball in the area and Hibs penalty against us when Mcclaren could have told the ref there was no contact, Stevie May's dive against us in the cup replay. Cheating is relative it seems depending on what team you support. #rattled
You clearly don't know the rules.

Handball has to be deliberate for a penalty to be awarded - if you think that was deliberate you are even dumber than I think you are.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Handball has to be deliberate for a penalty to be awarded - if you think that was deliberate you are even dumber than I think you are.

That's cutting you think I'm dumb , was still a penalty  though.

I notice the Dundee FC headline says "Killie score controversial late penalty". Since when did the 54th minute become late in a 90 minute football match? Trying to make it sound like the penalty left Dundee no time to equalise and that they would have otherwise gained a draw.  In reality the better team would still have won had that 54th minute penalty not been awarded.

4 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

I notice the Dundee FC headline says "Killie score controversial late penalty". Since when did the 54th minute become late in a 90 minute football match? Trying to make it sound like the penalty left Dundee no time to equalise and that they would have otherwise gained a draw.  In reality the better team would still have won had that 54th minute penalty not been awarded.

Debateable.

6 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Who would have won the game is, of course, debatable but the 54th minute being late in the game isn't and neither is the spelling of DEBATABLE.

Debatable.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No it doesn't. 

Hand/arm in an unnatural position is a penalty and that doesn't have to be deliberate.

45 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

No it doesn't. 

Hand/arm in an unnatural position is a penalty and that doesn't have to be deliberate.

That’s not the rule.

The hand or arm being in an unnatural position is something referees are supposed to take into account when assessing whether a handball is deliberate, but it just being in an unnatural position doesn’t make it a foul.

FWIW I didn’t think the one yesterday was a penalty 

Don’t remember any Dundee players trying to stop the referee giving a penalty for the Dicker handball back in the 3-2 game at RP last season.

So they were actively trying to cheat that day too I suppose?

1 hour ago, killiefan27 said:

That’s not the rule.

The hand or arm being in an unnatural position is something referees are supposed to take into account when assessing whether a handball is deliberate, but it just being in an unnatural position doesn’t make it a foul.

FWIW I didn’t think the one yesterday was a penalty 

My point is that there doesn't need to be intent. Contrary to the post I was quoting, a handball doesn't need to be deliberate - the hand can be in an unnatural position, which might be as a result of jumping or whatever, ie accidental. 

24 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

My point is that there doesn't need to be intent. Contrary to the post I was quoting, a handball doesn't need to be deliberate - the hand can be in an unnatural position, which might be as a result of jumping or whatever, ie accidental. 

If it's a result of "jumping or whatever", then that wouldn't be unnatural - it would be completely natural.

The phrase "unnatural position" refers to the possibility that the player putting his hand in an odd position in order to make himself a bigger target and make it more difficult for the ball to get past. That is in itself a deliberate act.

I was quite glad that Stewart was taking the pen as if I remember correctly he'd missed 1 or 2 with us and the ones he did put away weren't the greatest of pens.

Missed one in the Dundee Derby that springs to mind.

I have a feeling he has a dislike for Dundee as he wasn't receptive to the applause he got and he fought for the penalty. I reckon we'd have seen some unsavoury scenes if he'd scored from him and the Dee support.

Also, what was Brophys celebration about? Always found it bizarre when players point to their name directed towards the opposition, it's almost like saying, 'This is who I am'. Bizarre. Cracking pen though which just beat Parish due to the pace on it. 

I was quite glad that Stewart was taking the pen as if I remember correctly he'd missed 1 or 2 with us and the ones he did put away weren't the greatest of pens.
Missed one in the Dundee Derby that springs to mind.
I have a feeling he has a dislike for Dundee as he wasn't receptive to the applause he got and he fought for the penalty. I reckon we'd have seen some unsavoury scenes if he'd scored from him and the Dee support.
Also, what was Brophys celebration about? Always found it bizarre when players point to their name directed towards the opposition, it's almost like saying, 'This is who I am'. Bizarre. Cracking pen though which just beat Parish due to the pace on it. 

Brophy does seem to have a bit of the “look at me” about him. Which is good for a goal scorer I suppose.

Archived