The Inevitability of 2 in a row (Dundee v Killie - 6th Oct)

I genuinely believe we can get something next week. Killie are a decent side and I’d love to be in their position with a very good manager in charge but no offence to Killie, we need to be beating teams like them at home if we are to stay up.

Their was positives to take from yesterday but also negatives also. It has to be the same team as yesterday, well maybe Deacon for Nabi and 100% has to be the same defence as yesterday. We need a settled back line if we’re to get out of this mess.

My biggest fear is Killie will take these chances Hamilton missed.
I genuinely believe you should stop drinking tennants super lager with your coco pops

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2-0 Killie. Anything less would be dissapointing. Broadfoot and Stewart to score.

Let’s face it. Stewart’s career has spiralled downhill since he left us.

Broadfoot is a club footed old man.

I’ll go 1-1.

Let’s face it. Stewart’s career has spiralled downhill since he left us.

Broadfoot is a club footed old man.

I’ll go 1-1.
I would have agreed this time last season regarding Broadfoot but he's one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Plus he's great at winding people up.

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

My memory of Greg Stewart at Dundee is of him scoring against us several times and being a bit of a handful- and of his name popping up as a scorer almost every week - but I don't think I had quite understood what a wonderful, wonderful player he is. Dee fans, has he always been this fantastic? We're only four games in and I bloody love the man. 

Stewart to score about 8 goals and Brophy to get one too. 

In my opinion he's the best player Dundee have had since the team returned to the Premiership. He struggled to recapture that form at Aberdeen last year but for us he was spectacular. His left foot is pure magic.

3 hours ago, Moo said:

I genuinely believe we can get something next week. Killie are a decent side and I’d love to be in their position with a very good manager in charge but no offence to Killie, we need to be beating teams like them at home if we are to stay up.

Their was positives to take from yesterday but also negatives also. It has to be the same team as yesterday, well maybe Deacon for Nabi and 100% has to be the same defence as yesterday. We need a settled back line if we’re to get out of this mess.

My biggest fear is Killie will take these chances Hamilton missed.

I'd have agreed with you this time last year on that one. However given the current gulf between the two teams in the league, I think you're underestimating your opposition there. I know that on the pitch anything can happen and I'm certainly not going to say that Kilmarnock are going to win at a canter, but if Dundee get a result on Saturday - be it 1 or 3 points - they'll have had to work their arses off for it. Twice in the space of a week we've come back from being a goal down to win games, and given how well we played on Saturday I wouldn't put it past our players doing it again.

For all the Dundee have played some nice stuff without getting points for the majority of the season so far, I think they'll be going into this game feeling up for it. I think Killie will win but I don't know if it's going to be the cakewalk that others are predicting. I'll happily be proved wrong by SSC and the players though if they do win by a few goals. 

21 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I'd have agreed with you this time last year on that one. However given the current gulf between the two teams in the league, I think you're underestimating your opposition there. I know that on the pitch anything can happen and I'm certainly not going to say that Kilmarnock are going to win at a canter, but if Dundee get a result on Saturday - be it 1 or 3 points - they'll have had to work their arses off for it. Twice in the space of a week we've come back from being a goal down to win games, and given how well we played on Saturday I wouldn't put it past our players doing it again.

For all the Dundee have played some nice stuff without getting points for the majority of the season so far, I think they'll be going into this game feeling up for it. I think Killie will win but I don't know if it's going to be the cakewalk that others are predicting. I'll happily be proved wrong by SSC and the players though if they do win by a few goals. 

Sorry I think you've got a bit carried away there and forgot this is Dundee FC you're playing and not the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren.

Dundee at home to clubs like Kilmarnock will be looking for a win everytime.

We are the 6th biggest team in Scotland and are on the march after a sloppy start to the season.

Thank you.

Archived