Ayr Utd vs Dundee Utd

[emoji777][emoji777][emoji777]THE WELCOME OF AWAY FANS !!!! [emoji777][emoji777][emoji777]

Guys I have a pub in Ayr and we welcome
Home and away fans before and after the match this week Dundee utd come to us, we have a very big pub with pool table, live sports on and also put on a large spread for both sets of fans and also a bookies right next door, it’s called the Bellrock bar in Ayr it’s a ten min walk from the ground !!!

Large car park situated out the back so would be ideal for the bus to park !!!

Below is pictures of a couple of football fans coming in....

To book call Kerr on 07494781345 !!!IMG_1784.jpgIMG_1773.jpg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the first games I looked for when the fixtures came out.

If anything sums up the difference between League 1 & The Championship it's this sort of fixture.  Decent away crowd, larger than normal home gate, great atmosphere & hopefully a right good game of football.

Until news broke of Csaba's departure, I was probably 75% confident of a result.  However, that confidence has decreased somewhat as I now don't really know what Dundee United will turn up.  Going by various posts I've seen on here from Arab supporters, I've not seen one who is disappointed to see the back of him.  Another interesting factor is that under Laurie Ellis, they are unbeaten & many supporters are predicting he'll have them more organised & will continue his 100% unbeaten record.  Add to that the fact that the players will be effectively playing to impress an incoming manager & will no doubt give it 150%.  Another thought is, from an outsiders perspective, even though its been a shite start to the season, they still are only  5 points off top & sit 4th in the table, which says to me that there is the makings of a decent team in there somewhere, that it's just yet to click.  Perhaps a new manager could be the answer.

Barring the QOS result, we continue to exceed expectation, certainly my expectation.  I don't know if any supporter could have predicted how successful our start to the season has been & I honestly don't know how long we can continue to keep up this fantastic form, not that I am complaining.  Saturday was another fantastic result & I am at a bit of a cross roads with regards to how the season is going to pan out.  Part of me wants to get carried away & believe we are going to remain at the top end of the league, challenging for the title/playoffs, part of me is holding back & expecting us to come crashing back down to earth.  To be fair, I thought that had happened at Dumfries a few weeks ago, but to my delight, it was just a blip.  So what I am trying to get at is once we have played all the teams in the division, it'll give us a clearer indication of what is realistically achievable.

Onto the game & I'd imagine McCall has had his eye on this one for a few weeks & will be desperate to beat them - given his own history there etc.  

Kerr will 100% be back in the starting 11 & I genuinely think he'll go with the tried & tested line-up, which will mean no place for Moore or McDaid.  It's a nice problem for him to have & I can't remember the last time we've had this sort of strength in depth.  Regardless of who plays, I'm pretty sure they'll be up for the game & I really hope I am off work & can attend.

I also expect an even larger away crowd to travel now that the manager has been axed & I'm sure both sets of teams will go into the game believing they can get a result.  We are due one against you lot though.  The last fixture I attended between the teams we were robbed of a point in the dying minutes when we missed a sitter from about 4 yards, think the final result was 2-1.  A Tuesday night league match a couple of seasons ago.

Anyway, all that's left to say is ''C'Mon Ayr!!''.

Outstanding summary.

I too was at that 2-1 game and I'm still not sure how we didn't equalise.

Absolutely devastated to be missing this but since the reason is I'll be flying to New York at the time... I think I'll recover.

An entertaining Desmond, robbing me of full bragging rights when I return.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Outstanding summary.

I too was at that 2-1 game and I'm still not sure how we didn't equalise.

Absolutely devastated to be missing this but since the reason is I'll be flying to New York at the time... I think I'll recover.

An entertaining Desmond, robbing me of full bragging rights when I return.

Get a grip, we're stuffing the 2nd best team in Dundee.

7 hours ago, Kerr93 said:

emoji777.pngemoji777.pngemoji777.pngTHE WELCOME OF AWAY FANS !!!! emoji777.pngemoji777.pngemoji777.png

Guys I have a pub in Ayr and we welcome
Home and away fans before and after the match this week Dundee utd come to us, we have a very big pub with pool table, live sports on and also put on a large spread for both sets of fans and also a bookies right next door, it’s called the Bellrock bar in Ayr it’s a ten min walk from the ground !!!

Large car park situated out the back so would be ideal for the bus to park !!!

Below is pictures of a couple of football fans coming in....Still-Game-is-back-on-BBC-this-week-1260

To book call Kerr on 07494781345 !!!

FTFY

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t blame Ayr fans for their entitled attitude, they have done very well so far this season.

The 2018-19 season may be a highlight for them for many years to come.

I wouldnt mind if 18/19 was a highlight for us come the end of the season.

This is the big one for me as once upon a time I had a season ticket for Tannadice when I lived up there. Changed days right enough, although I have very fond memories of the shed and singing on the likes of Psycho Bowman, Badger McKinlay, Mikey O'Neill, Paddy Connolly, Darren Jackson, Maurice Malpass, Freddy Van Der Hoorn, Alan Main etc, etc. If someone had told me back then that Dundee Utd would now be in this current predicament I'd have thought they were totally mad. 

I did of course still manage down to see the Super Ayr as much as possible but I always look forward to the Uniteds going head to head and hopefully it will be the Ayrshire one which will triumph...........

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Any helpful suggestions, Ayr fans, on which pubs would be best for viewing Sky Sports prior to Saturday's match?

Drouthy Neebirs at the station is a shout. Rabbies doesn't allow football colours. Smiths is a five minute walk from the station if you want food and football.

Archived