Ayr Utd vs Dundee Utd

I'm the same, said yesterday it would soon be time to remove my virtual reality headset. Fantastic day out yesterday at a number of different venues (8 trains and one bus :lol:) and buzzing for this game. I'm 45 and this is by far the best time I've ever known as a fan.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Laszlo is gone then I'll be going to this and will look forward to hopefully having a catch up with a couple of pals who are Ayr fans. For various reasons the last time I actually went to Somerset was in 1999 and Sieb Dijkstra saved a penalty to force a replay in the Scottish Cup. 

848.jpg

If Laszlo is still in charge then there is no fucking chance I am going.

Despite the terrific end to the game I thought we were poor for spells yesterday. The number times we gave the ball away in the middle of the park or played hopeless long balls towards shankland was a tad annoying.

Saying that the ruthlessness of the last 20 mins was incredible, and hopefully we play like that from the off in this one.
Feel like Dundee utd are really there for the taking if we play to our best.
I agree with bringing Kerr back into the team, he gives us an element of control and calmness in midfield that I don't feel anyone else brings.
As much as I was delighted for Moore, and I thought he was brilliant when he came on, I really feel we need moffat to make us click up top in tighter games. Would love Moore to get more game time in the coming weeks though.
I feel Crawford should be rested too, just not quite been at his best lately. Put Forrest on the wing instead, he's been better out wide since bulking up a bit.

Hopefully another great result and atmosphere like yesterday. Top of the league.

I recall Laurie Ellis’ first game in charge last time as interim manager.  The United team looked totally transformed; it was an excellent performance compared to the guff in the previous weeks.

I hope he has the same effect this time around.

Have to be very wary of next week now after Lazlo getting the sack. Our players need to make sure they don't slack off thinking they're world beaters after yesterday's result. At the same time there's inevitably going to be a response from Dundee United who I see will probably have caretaker manager Ellis in charge for next Saturday, they seem to show a good response in performance in the first game he's been in caretaker charge of in the past.

I think from the past few posts we can all clearly see the predicament that McCall's in, as none of us can agree on what is our best team, formation, or who should play where !!

For what it's worth, I thought that apart from the middle 20 mins on Saturday that we totally controlled the game and despite our late goal assault I actually thought we were at our best in the first 30 mins as we were completely comfortable, with Morton posing us no threat whatsoever.

On the subject of our team, I think McDaid is better suited to playing in the away games and despite the excellent performance from both him and Moore I'd still be inclined to go with Moffat and Forrest as I believe they bring more of an all round game to the team. Other than that I'd bring back Kerr for Robbie and have a strong midfield of Kerr, Geggan and Murdoch with Forrest, Moffat and Shankland up top. This would also give us lots of options of switching it up with McDaid, Moore and Crawford able to come on later to stretch the game.

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Have to be very wary of next week now after Lazlo getting the sack. Our players need to make sure they don't slack off thinking they're world beaters after yesterday's result. At the same time there's inevitably going to be a response from Dundee United who I see will probably have caretaker manager Ellis in charge for next Saturday, they seem to show a good response in performance in the first game he's been in caretaker charge of in the past.

2 wins out 2 for Ellis last year. Nailed on to make it 3 out of 3 on Saturday, I'm afraid.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

The fact that Shankland is suspended (under totting up on bookings) has to make our job slightly easier at least. 

That's a boost. 

I wonder if Ray made a mistake in signing McDonald instead of Shankland last season. :whistle

I did predict Ayr would finish in a play-off spot this season. Total football. 

Hopefully Ellis instructs our guys to take a few of them out.

The fact that Shankland is suspended (under totting up on bookings) has to make our job slightly easier at least. 

Eh? He’s not had a single booking this season.

Strange attempt at a wind up.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Eh? He’s not had a single booking this season.

Strange attempt at a wind up.

Alert Mongoose isn't the winding up type. 

Maybe your information is wrong.

What is there to do in Ayr besides football for tourists? Do you have any modern art galleries?

Archived