Ayr Utd vs Dundee Utd

I agree with all of this, as much as I think Dobbie is a fantastic player it isn't enough to sustain a challenge, I'll stick with Shankland as the qualities he brings to the table are exactly what you need for a team looking to over perform, goals are just a wee part of it, 100% battle every week is a rare quality in the lower reaches and he's encouraging others to be the same with his performances.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny I get more people agreeing with me on the Ayr thread as I do on Queens thread. Reason being that I said a few weeks ago that league is very “winnable” and that with the players we have we are under- achieving.

The thing that you have that we don’t is a strong desire to “get the ball back” as quickly as possible. We actually did that really well against Ayr but we have a terrible habit of sitting deep and trying to hit on counter attack. It’s actually a form of laziness.Dobbie scores goals out of nothing and he masks the problem.

Your form is very impressive.

4 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Funny I get more people agreeing with me on the Ayr thread as I do on Queens thread. Reason being that I said a few weeks ago that league is very “winnable” and that with the players we have we are under- achieving.

The thing that you have that we don’t is a strong desire to “get the ball back” as quickly as possible. We actually did that really well against Ayr but we have a terrible habit of sitting deep and trying to hit on counter attack. It’s actually a form of laziness.Dobbie scores goals out of nothing and he masks the problem.

Your form is very impressive.

I just go through all the threads, eventually I find one where a few people agree with me.

Archived