Ayr Utd vs Dundee Utd

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strolled that fairly comfortably, seems like the team followed the game plan to perfection. Kerr really ran things in the middle and Murdoch was doing all the leg work. When McDaid came on there was a few times he cut inside the box and found himself in loads of space, should probably have had another goal out of one of them. Good crowd size as well over 2k in the home end

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Being forced to watch this on my phone which is fucking useless due to the incompetent c***s at ayrmedia.  Once I eventually got the video link (after the goal) I got no audio with it though now it is half time I got audio for some adverts!

From my limited ability to watch we’ve not been impressive.  Marty Smith looks like he’s going through the motions.  The coverage is shit so it’s difficult to tell how we are playing at the back but it doesn’t look like we are too confident when Ayr attack.

You should have just went to the game, it was great. 

Pretty easy, made it a bit difficult for ourselves at times. Especially in first half when Smith tried to let the ball run out and almost ended up gifting Dundee United a goal if it hadn't been for a one handed Doohan wonder save.

Would say Dundee United came out the better team at the start of the second half but we always had the attacking threat to score and could have been 4 or 5 if we'd taken our chances.

It's changed days when we're easily beating teams like Dundee United so long may it continue, huge game in two weeks against Ross County where the first quarter comes to an end.

Really comfortable today and had the ball dropped better we could easily have had 4 or 5, that being said I didn't actually think we were at our best, however it was a very professional and mature display.

Rose & Crawford out today but not really missed and Forrest and Adams back in with decent displays, especially big Jamie who was very good. McDaid also excellent again when introduced and agree with previous poster that he deserves to be in from the start against Rosco. Full backs were again excellent and Andy Geggan gave us that extra bit of steel in midfield, so all in all another really good day.

On the other side, Dundee Utd were very poor and just seemed to be a team full of big hard guys with very little vision or ability although Loemba did look good when he came on and posed us more problems than the rest of their team put together.

Referee not great and how we managed 3 bookings to their 1 is a complete mystery.

Finally, I thought we had a really good support today and am somewhat shocked to see it reported as 2,621 as I'd have sworn there were 3,000 +, however onward and upward for Super Ayr and bring on the county.................

Really comfortable today and had the ball dropped better we could easily have had 4 or 5, that being said I didn't actually think we were at our best, however it was a very professional and mature display.
Rose & Crawford out today but not really missed and Forrest and Adams back in with decent displays, especially big Jamie who was very good. McDaid also excellent again when introduced and agree with previous poster that he deserves to be in from the start against Rosco. Full backs were again excellent and Andy Geggan gave us that extra bit of steel in midfield, so all in all another really good day.
On the other side, Dundee Utd were very poor and just seemed to be a team full of big hard guys with very little vision or ability although Loemba did look good when he came on and posed us more problems than the rest of their team put together.
Referee not great and how we managed 3 bookings to their 1 is a complete mystery.
Finally, I thought we had a really good support today and am somewhat shocked to see it reported as 2,621 as I'd have sworn there were 3,000 +, however onward and upward for Super Ayr and bring on the county.................

All 3 Ayr bookings were correct imo

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

All 3 Ayr bookings were correct imo

Diasgree.

The yellow on Harvie was ludicrous. Hes sliding to make a tackle and the ball hit his hand. That's not a yellow, a foul for certain but not a yellow card. What's he meant to do, chop off his arm?

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Thought we were fantastic today. Didn’t get them a minute on the ball. Everyone good but felt Adams, Bell and Kerr particular standouts.

All past it at this level though IMO. Definitely.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Diasgree.

The yellow on Harvie was ludicrous. Hes sliding to make a tackle and the ball hit his hand. That's not a yellow, a foul for certain but not a yellow card. What's he meant to do, chop off his arm?

I agree, from where I was standing it looked like Harvie slipped and the ball hit him.

Just now, Trogdor said:

Diasgree.

The yellow on Harvie was ludicrous. Hes sliding to make a tackle and the ball hit his hand. That's not a yellow, a foul for certain but not a yellow card. What's he meant to do, chop of his arm?

It didn't just hit his hand, he scooped the ball up with both hands after he missed the slide tackle. Forward would have been through if he didn't.

Diasgree.

My thoughts at the time was that he kept his arm there deliberately to stop the ball, looked a yellow to me.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It didn't just hit his hand, he scooped the ball up with both hands after he missed the slide tackle. Forward would have been through if he didn't.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

My thoughts at the time was that he kept his arm there deliberately to stop the ball, looked a yellow to me.

One for the highlights then.

Where were you standing? I was on the North Terrace about the halfway line. It definitely looked accidental and Harvie was sliding to get the ball and it ricocheted off his hand. I never saw him scoop it up!

In terms of our performance, I thought we thoroughly deserved our win and we owed Dundee United one from our last cameo in the Championship.

We could have scored more, McDaid could have had another two, Shankland missed a couple of half chances and Moffat morphed into Crawford trying to repeatedly beat the defence rather than shoot.

Standouts for me - Kerr & McDaid.

Special mention to Adams & Bell who were imperious for the first time playing at CB together. I thought to a man everyone played well. Onwards and upwards.

Still can't believe we've won 6 and drawn 1 of our first 8 league games. Incredible!

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

One for the highlights then.

Where were you standing? I was on the North Terrace about the halfway line. It definitely looked accidental and Harvie was sliding to get the ball and it ricocheted off his hand. I never saw him scoop it up!

Standing same place. Seemed like he saved it more than scooped it would be a better description, he missed the slide tackle and stopped it with his hands, otherwise the forward would have been clean through. Bit sneaky of him and seemed definitely deliberate on his part and a clear yellow. Highlights to clear it up then

Archived