Queens v Alloa

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, printer said:

It was tongue-in-cheek, cammy.

That thought had crossed my mind when I was replying!

It was nice to review our results anyway.  Us having only lost 4 games at this stage of the season is pretty good going.  Especially as they came against two Premiership teams (one AET), a team recently relegated from the Premiership, and a team that really should be in the Premiership if they could get their house in order.

Important game for us. 3 points from the first 5 games probably didn't reflect how well we had done in those matches but the players could be satisfied with how they were competing. Since then we have two home defeats without scoring. The Falkirk match was really dispiriting, losing to a pretty limited side who made the most of the conditions set up by Alloa. As they celebrated at the end and Alloa trooped off with the heads down, it had the look of a potential turning point for both.

As such, would be great if we respond to that by grabbing something here. Obviously be very tough, but getting back onto a bigger park will help too. I'd be tempted to give Shields a shot from the start, looks like he can bring a physical edge to attack that nobody else we have offers, and that would be a welcome option to go with the creativity we have behind the striker. 

We should be favourites for this, I’m reasonably confident, expecting an unchanged team for the 6th/7th (?) game in a row, which itself is a sign of a confident team.

BUT -  I can remember plenty games against Alloa in the past and very few were ever ‘easy’,  they always seemed well organised and hard working,  and I’m expecting same tomorrow.

Please not a 0-0.....

I'll be busy early in the afternoon tomorrow.  Is there a legit way to get in at half-time??
Sorry just seen this. I've went in at half time before. Went to the main office and was taken in. Only charged a tenner.

Archived