Queens v Alloa

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scoreline not a fair reflection really. It really is Dobbie vs Alloa.

We set the tone straight from kick off by punting it straight out for a throw in. Hoofball ever since.

Marshall is having one of the worst individual performances I’ve seen from a Queens player.

Feeling pretty annoyed at myself for being tricked into thinking Andy Stirling is anything other than a lazy pea-hearted imposter.

Absolutely rank.

Dobbie almost digging us out the hole. Alloa can feel very hard done by they are only 1 ahead. Goodwin has clearly had us watched as almost every Alloa attack is a cross and it's doing damage. We're incapable of marking, we have a GK who sticks to his line and we never seem to close down before the cross comes in. I can see Alloa scoring more if we don't waken up.

Very sluggish from us until the goal. Has a feel of Sunday league with most players nursing hangovers. It could go either way now really if we start to play like we can but similarly Alloa are definitely capable of getting another couple here.

Terrible defencivly to go 3-0 down, Marshall not having the best of seasons, team looked lethargic no high tempo like earlier games this season. Thank God we have got Stephen Dobbie, Its really time the rest of the team helps him if they want any chance of the top 4.  Disappointing 2 points dropped today leaves us 6th rather than 4th.. Break from league next week but the team will need to turn up to beat East Fife... 

What an absolutely disgraceful display that was today.  The angriest I have felt leaving a match in a very long time.  In many ways I'm annoyed that Dobbie salvaged a point because now the players will think they can get away with putting in a gutless performance like that and get away with it because Dobbie will get them out of the shit.

Zero effort, zero urgency, zero pressing, zero ability on show (Dobbie aside of course).  We played very much like an XI that has played umpteen games in a row.  No excuses for a part-time side to be fitter and hungrier than us, but that's exactly what Alloa were.

The manager doesn't get out of this without criticism either, what has he got against substitutions?  Alloa made a double-change and it immediately freshened them up and the momentum swung back in their favour towards the end.  We only made one because Gary Harkins pulled his hammy.  What must be going through the subs heads when the players on the pitch are turning in a shambolic performance and they aren't getting a sniff.  If I was Norman I'd be booking my flight back to Canada tonight.  If you want to make statements to the board can you find a way that isn't detrimental to the team please Gary?  Dykes looked dead on his feet by the end, it is completely ridiculous that we don't have a backup centre forward to replace him with.

As I stated at half time Marshall had a nightmare, and Mercer wasn't far behind him.  Although in his case it is less of a surprise.  We might as well have played one of the cones from the warm-up ahead of Stirling.  I don't know what has happened to Jacobs but he is a complete liability now.  He picked up his standard booking for a ridiculous rash challenge and spent the rest of the game passing the ball to Alloa players.

The Challenge Cup game has probably come at a very good time for us.  I would rest our key players and give our fringe players a chance to shine.  On today's performance they won't have to do very much to put themselves very much in the reckoning for the next league game.

We are nothing like  a top 4 side .

Really it was Dobbie v Alloa .

Very poor from us today the defence was all over the place .

Alloa had it easy for the goals just get it to our left side  cross the ball in goal.

Just like the Partick game Andy Stirling was nowhere but all the back 4 had very poor games.

We got a draw but really we deserved nothing from the game 

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

What an absolutely disgraceful display that was today.  The angriest I have felt leaving a match in a very long time.  In many ways I'm annoyed that Dobbie salvaged a point because now the players will think they can get away with putting in a gutless performance like that and get away with it because Dobbie will get them out of the shit.

Zero effort, zero urgency, zero pressing, zero ability on show (Dobbie aside of course).  We played very much like an XI that has played umpteen games in a row.  No excuses for a part-time side to be fitter and hungrier than us, but that's exactly what Alloa were.

The manager doesn't get out of this without criticism either, what has he got against substitutions?  Alloa made a double-change and it immediately freshened them up and the momentum swung back in their favour towards the end.  We only made one because Gary Harkins pulled his hammy.  What must be going through the subs heads when the players on the pitch are turning in a shambolic performance and they aren't getting a sniff.  If I was Norman I'd be booking my flight back to Canada tonight.  If you want to make statements to the board can you find a way that isn't detrimental to the team please Gary?  Dykes looked dead on his feet by the end, it is completely ridiculous that we don't have a backup centre forward to replace him with.

As I stated at half time Marshall had a nightmare, and Mercer wasn't far behind him.  Although in his case it is less of a surprise.  We might as well have played one of the cones from the warm-up ahead of Stirling.  I don't know what has happened to Jacobs but he is a complete liability now.  He picked up his standard booking for a ridiculous rash challenge and spent the rest of the game passing the ball to Alloa players.

The Challenge Cup game has probably come at a very good time for us.  I would rest our key players and give our fringe players a chance to shine.  On today's performance they won't have to do very much to put themselves very much in the reckoning for the next league game.

We don't have any fringe players good enough to play this is our huge problem .

What subs could have changed the game today ?.

Dobbie must wonder at times what the hell he is doing here why waste the last few years of your career why he could easily play at a higher level 

We don't have any fringe players good enough to play this is our huge problem .
What subs could have changed the game today ?.
Dobbie must wonder at times what the hell he is doing here why waste the last few years of your career why he could easily play at a higher level 

Away and talk don’t talk pish.

Connor Murray started games for us last season. Do you not think he would be worth throwing on in a game we are chasing?

You can’t possibly know if Norman is any good because he’s barely played.

Owen Bell would have been no worse than Jacobs today. His ball retention has looked good in the games I have seen. Something hugely lacking today.

It’s not just about the players that are coming on, but about protecting the ones they are replacing. Harkins arguably picked up his injury due to being overplayed. If the same happens to Dobbie we are utterly fucked.

Ah, the over-reactions of a disappointing result. How I've missed you

Difficult to know how to feel after that. Obviously, we were looking for a win before the game but a draw after being 3-0 down is a decent result. We were possibly a little unlucky not to grab a winner but also fortunate not to concede a fourth!

It was a poor performance but a lot of credit has to go to Alloa. For most of the game they pressed the Queens players who couldnt cope with it. They also won individual battles and second balls. Hugely disappointing to lose 3 goals from crosses, an Achilles heel we thought had largely been sorted.

Archived