Falkirk vs Dunfermline

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve seen a lot of comments about how we weren’t that great ourselves, but the highlights make it look like that was some of the nicest football we’ve played since the opener at Tannadice.

Regardless of how hilariously shit Falkirk are, some of our pass-and-move counter-attacks, pressing of the Falkirk players, one-touch passing and desire to get numbers forward looked impressive in the highlights.

Even though Falkirk had bugger all desire to chase an equaliser, it’s nice to see us grab a late goal to secure a win rather than put 10 men behind the ball and look shocked when the opposition equalise.

Just now, smpar said:

I’ve seen a lot of comments about how we weren’t that great ourselves, but the highlights make it look like that was some of the nicest football we’ve played since the opener at Tannadice.

Regardless of how hilariously shit Falkirk are, some of our pass-and-move counter-attacks, pressing of the Falkirk players, one-touch passing and desire to get numbers forward looked impressive in the highlights.

Even though Falkirk had bugger all desire to chase an equaliser, it’s nice to see us grab a late goal to secure a win rather than put 10 men behind the ball and look shocked when the opposition equalise.

I thought both teams were equally shite for the first 20. After that, I thought you improved a fair bit and kept improving as the game went on, up until the last ten when our shiteness made any meaningful comparison impossible. 

There was some decent one touch stuff from yous, but it wasn't neccesarily translated into dangerous situations enough, and tbh, it reflects on yer man Faissal. Nice assist for Hippos goal but genuine effectiveness seems to be an issue for him. I really wasn't impressed by him tbh. If you compare with another luxury type player, Hippo, since I know him much better.... Leaving aside Hippos inconsistency, he is one of the most effective players you will see at this level. When he shows up, he is torture to defend against, gets his shots and corsses away, can beat folk for both pace and strength. Stating the obvious to say that you dont get that version anywhere near often enough, but he seems much more capable of telling contributions than El Bak who looks not much more than fancy feet and the odd nice touch.

Just watched the highlights there.  Which one of the Falkirk son's (Dalli or Harri) is the one who keeps diving into tackles and misses every one?

Not sure, but the defending at both goals is laughably bad. Both centre halves just standing still with Ryan between them for the first, then the move from near the half way line with Falkirk players actually walking rather than showing any fight to get the ball back followed by three defenders all going to the ball for the second. They need 2 centre halves who can defend pronto or they are in actual danger of going down.

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not sure, but the defending at both goals is laughably bad. Both centre halves just standing still with Ryan between them for the first, then the move from near the half way line with Falkirk players actually walking rather than showing any fight to get the ball back followed by three defenders all going to the ball for the second. They need 2 centre halves who can defend pronto or they are in actual danger of going down.

Already in massive danger I’m afraid.

It’s obvious that supporters of other clubs genuinely don’t appreciate just how atrocious we are until they play us.
Take a telling WE ARE SHITE!
The manager may perform a miracle and get us into the relegation playoffs but we are strong favourites for the drop as things stand.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s obvious that supporters of other clubs genuinely don’t appreciate just how atrocious we are until they play us.
The manager may perform a miracle and get us into the relegation playoffs but we are strong favourites for the drop as things stand.

The thing is he can’t even organise a defence - I could mark a striker in the box however his team let Ryan in at the front post and then pushed him way after he had headed it and for the second Hippo is completely unmarked regardless of the players they should know their jobs and keep a shape.

The thing is he can’t even organise a defence - I could mark a striker in the box however his team let Ryan in at the front post and then pushed him way after he had headed it and for the second Hippo is completely unmarked regardless of the players they should know their jobs and keep a shape.

I honestly think our current centre backs are incapable of taking on board even that most basic of tasks.
I would expect (hope) that we revert back to McGee and Muirhead as a centre back pairing.

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I thought both teams were equally shite for the first 20. After that, I thought you improved a fair bit and kept improving as the game went on, up until the last ten when our shiteness made any meaningful comparison impossible. 

There was some decent one touch stuff from yous, but it wasn't neccesarily translated into dangerous situations enough, and tbh, it reflects on yer man Faissal. Nice assist for Hippos goal but genuine effectiveness seems to be an issue for him. I really wasn't impressed by him tbh. If you compare with another luxury type player, Hippo, since I know him much better.... Leaving aside Hippos inconsistency, he is one of the most effective players you will see at this level. When he shows up, he is torture to defend against, gets his shots and corsses away, can beat folk for both pace and strength. Stating the obvious to say that you dont get that version anywhere near often enough, but he seems much more capable of telling contributions than El Bak who looks not much more than fancy feet and the odd nice touch.

He's better than Giroud.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

WE ARE SHITE!

Agreed.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Yes but it's nice to be reminded of that by fans of other clubs, especially after the rampant optimism most of you had pre-season.  To be honest,  as a QoS fan,  it's probably tinged with relief that it's someone else that's taking he flak considering a lot of people were forecasting we would finish in the bottom 2.  A long way to go yet though. 

20 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yes but it's nice to be reminded of that by fans of other clubs, especially after the rampant optimism most of you had pre-season.  To be honest,  as a QoS fan,  it's probably tinged with relief that it's someone else that's taking he flak considering a lot of people were forecasting we would finish in the bottom 2.  A long way to go yet though. 

If Dobbie gets injured then you'd be utterly fucked.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If Dobbie gets injured then you'd be utterly fucked.

Yes,  we kinda know that,  but he did miss a couple of games last season and we still managed to score goals. A longer term injury would be bad though. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dobbies address anyone?

Want to send him a........ card

We play Dunfermline in a couple of weeks,  best leave it til after that. 

Archived