Breastfeeding in public

3 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

As it was during take off, the rapid change in air pressure would have massively  increased the rate at which the milk was being delivered. It would be like sticking a hosepipe in a babies mouth and turning it on full.  Babies also gulp down a lot of air when feeding which would have expanded.  Thankfully, a Mr Creosote scenario was avoided with a little forethought.

Good point. All women should take their bras and tops off before take off to allow unhindered exponential breast expansion.

• 6 months later...
On 02/04/2019 at 13:22, Shandon Par said:

Don't find that too odd tbh. Posh people used to hire lactating servants to feed their babies. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Don't find that too odd tbh. Posh people used to hire lactating servants to feed their babies. 

Used to? I'm sure the royals still do.

It tends to be fat old men who get precious about breastfeeding, if it's eating it can't be crying, let it fire in.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Used to? I'm sure the royals still do.

I think it’s why toffs like Cameron, Mogg etc lack the empathy that allows them to be such reprehensible humans. They’re taken away from their mothers too early.

On 28/09/2018 at 21:30, Gnash said:

but I don't see how it is any more dangerous than having a baby strapped to you that isn't breastfeeding.

What if the baby has its first couple of teeth and you hit a bit of turbulence?

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

This public breastfeeding outrage frankly is bollocks, I have yet to meet a single person who disagrees with it yet it seems to get a ridiculous amount of column inches.

Presumably it's one of those things that really bothers some folk, but they're unwilling to openly admit to it from experience of being laughed at as an irrational busybody.

In the past, I mind seeing a couple of folk react to a woman breastfeeding as though they've just noticed a jakeball taking a dump in the corner. I don't think I've ever heard/read an explanation for why it's a bad thing, though, or why it's even any of their business.

• 1 month later...