The 2018 Autumn Conservative and Unionist Party Conference

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, she doesn't even come across as likeable.

Never mind the photo opps like posted above, or the "I'm not your average Tory", ''I'll show Boris my black belt'' shite.

She comes across as an arrogant, aggressive arsehole. Even her voice is annoying in that broadcasting/elocution way. 

Then again, if you are a Unionist- you are left with Leonard, Rennie or Davidson.

The only ever time she had some scrutiny and had a mare was when Emma Barnett came and did a Radio special from England and wiped the floor. Surely not all the Scots press journos are her pals ; but too many are inadequate and the poor version of what should have been.

19 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Never mind the photo opps like posted above, or the "I'm not your average Tory", ''I'll show Boris my black belt'' shite.

She comes across as an arrogant, aggressive arsehole. Even her voice is annoying in that broadcasting/elocution way. 

Then again, if you are a Unionist- you are left with Leonard, Rennie or Davidson.

The only ever time she had some scrutiny and had a mare was when Emma Barnett came and did a Radio special from England and wiped the floor. Surely not all the Scots press journos are her pals ; but too many are inadequate and the poor version of what should have been.

You would not vote for her.

That's cool bro. 

This is a safe space.

But, presumably, you have buttsecks with her.

Yes or No.    Unionist or Nationalist.

They are not indeed; Andrew McKie, a journo well known for his dry right-wing views produced quite the hatchet job in today's Herald.

3 hours ago, Kejan said:

Christ, Sturgeon is horrific. Outside the near 100%  of carefully controlled "appearances" Nicola is refreshingly awful. 

the quality of the boos Nicola gets is beautiful, and democratic. Also well deserved. 

Salmond was/is not exactly a "shining beacon of decent behaviour". 

6 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

Christ, Sturgeon is horrific. Outside the near 100%  of carefully controlled "appearances" Nicola is refreshingly awful. 

the quality of the boos Nicola gets is beautiful, and democratic. Also well deserved. 

The quality of the booze you’re drinking is rotting your “mind”. 

Cmon, bedtime for Bonzo.

3 hours ago, Kejan said:

11 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

3 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

The quality of the booze you’re drinking is rotting your “mind”. 

Cmon, bedtime for Bonzo.

Nicola Sturgeon is utterly horrific. 

I mean utterly.  And I mean horrific. Nicola Sturgeon has single-handedly defeated Scottish Independence.

I am not a fan of Leonard, Davidson or Rennie. But Sturgeon is horrific. 

The tory conference is fun, but aren't they all?

Interestingly, in the wake of Corbyn's conference speech, the Mail and the Telegraph are pleading that the Tories produce at least some original ideas here rather than the usual 'bash-Labour, offer nothing' approach.

This party and its cronies are running scared, pretty amusing given the discourteous disdain with which they treated Corbyn pre-GE.

Interestingly, in the wake of Corbyn's conference speech, the Mail and the Telegraph are pleading that the Tories produce at least some original ideas here rather than the usual 'bash-Labour, offer nothing' approach.
This party and its cronies are running scared, pretty amusing given the discourteous disdain with which they treated Corbyn pre-GE.
Boris produced a credible plan yesterday did he not?

Tories are bad and I would never vote for them
image.png.8d1c6cc736b61342048b72867186b908.png
Am  doing this right?
image.png.9fec9e1a805643ef078b7d10f6533561.png
#LeftCantMeme
#EdinburghElite

Fair play that you could acknowledge that you can’t post like Zizek so you’ve just imitated his debilitating coke addiction.

15 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

15 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

Nicola Sturgeon is utterly horrific. 

I mean utterly.  And I mean horrific. Nicola Sturgeon has single-handedly defeated Scottish Independence.

I am not a fan of Leonard, Davidson or Rennie. But Sturgeon is horrific. 

The tory conference is fun, but aren't they all?

13 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

What is it with Scottish Nationalists and childishness?

13 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

A Scottish nationalist photo opportunity with children, coming soon to soothe the children. 

fuckme.png

App for the conference fucked up and revealed everyone's personal details [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Probably hire the same company that developed the app for them for the "technology"solution for the irish border

"How are we going to win the next election when we have no plan for the economy and everything is going to go tits up?"

The government has announced plans for a Festival of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to take place in 2022.

The proposal was unveiled as the Conservatives gathered in Birmingham for their annual party conference.

Prime Minister Theresa May said the festival will strengthen what she describes as "our precious union".

On Sunday, she defended her approach to Brexit, after former foreign secretary Boris Johnson labelled her plan for leaving the EU as "deranged".

Mrs May has said those who refuse to back the Chequers plan for Brexit are "playing politics".

NI centenary not mentioned

The Festival of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is described as a "nationwide festival in celebration of the creativity and innovation of the United Kingdom".

Downing Street said it will mark the anniversary of a number of events.

However, the centenary of the creation of Northern Ireland in 2021 was not specified on their list.

Downing Street described the nationwide festival as a "unique event" that echoes the 1851 Great Exhibition and will take place 70 years after the 1951 Festival of Britain.

"Just as millions of Britons celebrated their nation's great achievements in 1951, we want to showcase what makes our country great today," said Mrs May.

The festival is due to begin four months before the next scheduled general election, but Boris Johnson has refused to say that Mrs May should lead the Conservatives into their next Westminster campaign, whether that happens in 2022 or much sooner.

A festival of Britain. In January when everyone is skint and the news is full of people freezing to death in hospital corridors.

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

"How are we going to win the next election when we have no plan for the economy and everything is going to go tits up?"

A festival of Britain. In January when everyone is skint and the news is full of people freezing to death in hospital corridors.

This bullshit is on a par with the previous suggestion of re-commissioning the erstwhile royal yacht Britannia to circumnavigate the globe as some kind of floating billboard.  Truly these desperate ideas are being proposed by equally desperate politicians, and I can hardly wait for the return of HIGNFY this coming Friday for their take on it. 

So six million years after the SNP abolish bridge tolls the Tories are trying to buy a few votes by copying them.

They are a fucking shambles.

If we had a cull of Tory voters the world would be a far better place.

Archived