Montrose v Farfir

The way the Raith game was handled last week was far better than the mad scenes midway through the previous game at Dumbarton (and for that matter during the first half against Forfar in the Betfred). There was 100% commitment and concentration at Raith and we need that this week against Forfar. Anything less in L1 will be punished - we've learned that already. I'm for going with experience with the same back five as against Raith, in fact the same starting eleven. Inclusion of Watson and Redman I wouldn't complain about but we can only start with eleven!

27 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Keep that moaning wee fud Baird quiet and we will be in with a shout of winning the game.

Is that the same John Baird you used to worship?

Celtic midfielder ,Mark Hill, signs for the Loons. Played for St. Mirren last season and has represented Scotland on 21 occasions at under 16-17-19 level. Can't wait to see him getting stuck in about the Mo.

Also can't wait for Hilson and Baird to leave Mo's elderly defenders in their wake.

2 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

I

Also can't wait for Hilson and Baird to leave Mo's elderly defenders in their wake.

You can probably add Dylan Easton to that as well. He is a class act when on form. I'm sure the Mo are well aware so should be an interesting game.

Is that the same John Baird you used to worship?
Celtic midfielder ,Mark Hill, signs for the Loons. Played for St. Mirren last season and has represented Scotland on 21 occasions at under 16-17-19 level. Can't wait to see him getting stuck in about the Mo.

Guys 20 and played 4 senior games, surprised to see Weir go down this route again, another young loanee. A lot of youth and not much physicality in that Forfar team now, most un Jim Weir team of all time.

32 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

You can probably add Dylan Easton to that as well. He is a class act when on form. I'm sure the Mo are well aware so should be an interesting game.

Doubt he’ll start to be honest, which is barmy considering how he played against Montrose in the cup game.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Guys 20 and played 4 senior games, surprised to see Weir go down this route again, another young loanee. A lot of youth and not much physicality in that Forfar team now, most un Jim Weir team of all time.

Meechan, Travis, Wilson, Munro, Malone.Whyte.

Come on if you think you're hard enough.

Guest bernardblack
11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's an on odd one. Then Weir drops young Cunningham in the first team right away and gives him pelters in the post match interview. 

This threads buzzin'! Reasonably pleased with the result, having checked the score when the Mo were 0-2 down. What was the game like?

(Yes, Bernard, both teams potentially lost two points but not in reality, as that would have meant they were playing for four points, rather than three. So to be fair, teams should really get one and a half points for a draw. What in fact happens is that a winning team gets one point from the opposition and a bonus point for winning, which is why there is only a share of two points, when two teams draw a match*. Hope this helps.)

* utter havers.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Couldn’t make today. 2 points dropped?

Given how you played in the first half, yes. Given how we played in the last half hour,  I'd say 1 point gained. Real slow burner of a contest - it looked pretty hopeless at 0-2 (the second goal was horrific to lose, an utter gift) but turned it around really well and eventually started to move the ball better and get forward. Really battered the door down towards the end, anything Forfar tried on goal went sailing high and/or wide. Fair result probably, but would have really enjoyed it if CJ's last minute waltz past the keeper had been finished. A decent result ahead of IMO a very critical game next week.

Given how you played in the first half, yes. Given how we played in the last half hour,  I'd say 1 point gained. Real slow burner of a contest - it looked pretty hopeless at 0-2 (the second goal was horrific to lose, an utter gift) but turned it around really well and eventually started to move the ball better and get forward. Really battered the door down towards the end, anything Forfar tried on goal went sailing high and/or wide. Fair result probably, but would have really enjoyed it if CJ's last minute waltz past the keeper had been finished. A decent result ahead of IMO a very critical game next week.

Pretty fair comment, though both teams could have and possibly should have won it in the last 5 minutes.
Thanks to the lino for our first, the ball looked clearly out for a Mo throw in.
Ref was horrific again, so many great tackles given as fouls against both teams, any contact and the whistle went, way too fussy.

Easton showed why he should be starting every game and not coming on as a late sub. Magic stuff at times especially first half.

Our new midfielder played well too, best we've looked in midfield for a good while.

Bain was a weak link for us today, left Meechan exposed time and again.

Yano for Mo's MOTM! Sean Dillon for me.

Yano for Mo's MOTM! Sean Dillon for me.

No idea how either! CJ ran and ran all game and should have won it for us, but showed great determination to chase all game.

At 0-2 I really did think Forfar would run riot as we looked really out of sorts and they were ticking along well, first to every second ball and looking sharp. But we grew back into the game and having the wind behind us second 45 seemed to swing the game in our favour.

Really felt the game was there to be won (as it was last week) so was a bit surprised to see Foxy put on as a striker for the last 10!

Great to come back from 2 down today, so can't fault the effort. Millar didn't really have a lot to do, and had no chance for the second which was so sloppy from us.

Given the Forfar strikeforce on show today and our opening 30 minutes, I'm happy with a point. But we need to turn some of these draws into wins. Inability to win games is what draws teams into relegation battles.

On to next week.

Sent from my HTC One A9s using Tapatalk

Great to come back from 2 down today,sloppy goals to give away but we fought back which was the main thing.Cj could and should have won it for us though just had to pass it Into the net,can't be too harsh on him as he ran his socks off for us today bit of composure and he could have had all the headlines though.Forfar good at going forward a bit suspect at the back though and we should have capitalised.

The wind played a big part in the first half so I assume Forfar won the toss and made the right decision to kick with it. Seemed to die down a bit by half time. At 2-0 down the Mo were playing for half time and wind advantage and of course gave away a sloppy second goal. First Forfar goal I wouldn't say was sloppy defending, it was a well worked goal from a good move.

My guess is that Forfar would think our first goal was sloppy defending by them so all in all a draw was probably fair but as said above it could have gone either way right at the end. Credit to both teams for making it a decent game. Only downside was the over fussy refereeing (as usual from Colin Steven) and some childish time wasting during the second half which was punished by even more yellow cards.

I'd also say MOTM for Montrose was either Dillon or CJ. With CJ playing the game at full pelt all the time his mind is racing all the time as well so if he could use his speed and stamina better by slowing down with the final ball we would have some player on our hands but until he adds more goals to his game he will be a L2 player. Really hope he can kick on though as his potential is there but the finishing touches are still in short supply. A good example of that was his last gasp miss - he did right to shoot but equally a square ball had at least two takers on the six yard line.

The wind played a big part in the first half so I assume Forfar won the toss and made the right decision to kick with it. Seemed to die down a bit by half time. At 2-0 down the Mo were playing for half time and wind advantage and of course gave away a sloppy second goal. First Forfar goal I wouldn't say was sloppy defending, it was a well worked goal from a good move.
My guess is that Forfar would think our first goal was sloppy defending by them so all in all a draw was probably fair but as said above it could have gone either way right at the end. Credit to both teams for making it a decent game. Only downside was the over fussy refereeing (as usual from Colin Steven) and some childish time wasting during the second half which was punished by even more yellow cards.
I'd also say MOTM for Montrose was either Dillon or CJ. With CJ playing the game at full pelt all the time his mind is racing all the time as well so if he could use his speed and stamina better by slowing down with the final ball we would have some player on our hands but until he adds more goals to his game he will be a L2 player. Really hope he can kick on though as his potential is there but the finishing touches are still in short supply. A good example of that was his last gasp miss - he did right to shoot but equally a square ball had at least two takers on the six yard line.
Time wasting comment is a bit strange. Didn't see much tbh. Only one booking for it and Easton was a tad harsh, he kicked the ball away after it was over the line by about a foot.
He was warned for it in the first half after he threw the ball back to a Montrose player who missed it, I suspect that's why the ref gave him a yellow.

Archived