East Fife -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/09/2018 at 12:43, FullTimePint said:

This will be a tough game i reckon, when the league is as tight as it is, bottom place can turn into promotion playoffs within a few games, and stenny will have a point to prove after their last few games.

I'm hoping we have too much firepower for them, and defensively we are starting to get tighter so i am predicting a hard earned 2-0 to East Fife.

Agree with the other posts, to change the team given recent performances would be crazy, but if Currie has pushed himself into first team contention, it will be interesting to see contributes as a starter v as an impact sub.  

Pretty much spot on the money . With the conditions was never going to be pretty very happy to win ugly. Brett Long man of the match this week made a few impressive stops Stennie gave it a go 2nd half but their lack of any real quality in the final 3d was there for all to see.

I thought Docherty was well out of order grabbing the ball and greedily taking that penalty, it could have cost us in different circumstances. For a player who has played about 30 minutes in total this year because of injury to overrule the guy who has been taking them and scored with them this season is well out of order. The management need to strongly tell  Docherty but were they  roaring at the players to tell them who was taking the penalty which surely was decided long before today? No, they were kicking their heels at the sideline looking at each other. This could lead to unrest in the dressing room unnecessarily especially when we are on a good run. 

I know we got three points today but this sort of thing should never have happened.

ps I heard it said at the time that Docherty is best pals with Young. Hope Young does not try and shoehorn him into a position in a winning team.

on a brighter note, well done to the players particularly the defence who were again outstanding particularly Meggat closely followed by Kane and Long. From a position of wondering where our first win would come from to wondering who will beat us is terrific.

I thought Docherty was well out of order grabbing the ball and greedily taking that penalty, it could have cost us in different circumstances. For a player who has played about 30 minutes in total this year because of injury to overrule the guy who has been taking them and scored with them this season is well out of order. The management need to strongly tell  Docherty but were they  roaring at the players to tell them who was taking the penalty which surely was decided long before today? No, they were kicking their heels at the sideline looking at each other. This could lead to unrest in the dressing room unnecessarily especially when we are on a good run. 
I know we got three points today but this sort of thing should never have happened.
ps I heard it said at the time that Docherty is best pals with Young. Hope Young does not try and shoehorn him into a position in a winning team.
on a brighter note, well done to the players particularly the defence who were again outstanding particularly Meggat closely followed by Kane and Long. From a position of wondering where our first win would come from to wondering who will beat us is terrific.

The management WERE screaming that Aggy was to take the penalty, I was right behind them so know that for fact. Believe me it was all sorted out within 2 minutes in the dressing room. Shouldn’t have happened but nothing to see here so move along please.

Thought I heard the bench shout that Agnew was to take the penalty but there was no stopping Docherty.Anyway shouldn’t detract from an amazing turnaround in results which I don’t think anyone expected.Good to see  some of the lost home fans returning.Should add that Stenny were poor first half but much improved second half with Paton outstanding.

Paton was awful first half - worst I've seen him - but came to life in the 2nd.

We can't get a break in front of goal and we've got to get out of this soon for obvious reasons. We are obviously able to compete in this league but it is so frustrating that we just can't get it to work up front.

Docherty was out of order with the penalty at the end today. We appear to have a good team spirit and for the good of the squad we can do without unnecessary spats like that. Thanks to Currie for the goal after the fluffed spot kick. Great September for the team, hope we can keep it going

Docherty was out order only bit of negativity from today's game. 'Kid' Currie followed up brilliantly to take his goal.
The weather played it's part on the game but what an excellent effort from everyone especially Slattery, Kane, Leggett and Long.
A brilliant goal by Watson.
Well done DY

Well what I said at half time nearly came true, we nearly lived to regret going in with only 1 goal to show for all our possession in the first half, the stats were at 74% possession for us at one point, but it seemed that nobody was prepared to have a go with the wind behind them and to only have 3 attempts was pretty poor but at least they were all on target. It was maybe a nerve thing because immediately after the first goal there was a spell where it was like they were all lining up to have a go from the edge of the box but Stennie had pulled Everyman back by then to ensure they didn't concede any more and then have a chance with the wind in the second half!!!

And they certainly came out fired up for it but as has already been said lacked any real quality up front to take advantage of any chances they did make, that and Meggatt and Kaneo being simply outstanding again!!!

I felt a second goal was always going to come but I did expect it before the 94th minute, the penalty fracas was an embarrassment and the execution of it even more so, Docherty should have been nowhere near it, it's Aggy's role now and it's his until he misses one, thems the rules and for Sparky to act all Billy-Big-Bollocks and decide to take it of off him, apparently ignoring the shouts from the dugout was not on, I'm also going to bring Kev into this as well, as Club Captain he went over to them to separate them, HE should have told Aggy he was taking it, anyway it was a moment that left a bad taste in the mouth and you could tell Aggy was still livid after the final whistle as he told both DY and Tony to "f**k off" as they were trying to calm him down as he left the pitch, DY has been harping on since the run began about the "team unity", "bonding" and "spirit", Sparky's selfishness nearly chucked all of that under a bus in one green eyed moment!!!

The final outcome of the penalty was actually the best that could have happened, the transgressing penalty taker missed, so he won't be taking anymore and Kid Currie nips in to batter home the rebound, keeping his own outstanding run going, the football gods were watching obviously!!!

All in all, we deserved it but made hard work of it!!!

CHOO-FUCKIN-CHOO!!!

Watch his interview ;)

Also I think Dowds deserves a shout out!!!
Thought big Tonks was outstanding today, he covered every artificial blade of grass on the park, he bullied and battered Stennie's defenders, tried to set up continually for others and also threw in a couple of last ditch tackles and blocks in OUR six yard box for good measure!!!
No wonder people are watching him!!!

Tough game today but brilliant performance to see it out. First half, we were pretty dominant and really should have been up by more than 1. Second half, Stenny really scrapped and I felt we allowed ourselves to get outfought a bit in the middle of the park and sit back too deep but that's understandable when you're defending a 1 goal lead against the wind. If Stenny had nicked an equaliser near the end, I don't think we could have had too many complaints.

Really solid all-round performance. Everyone at the back had a good game but I though Chris Kane stood out. Never put a foot wrong and always tried to do something constructive with the ball. Great performances from Watson, Meggat and Long as well though.

Stenny aren't a bad side and probably just need to find a bit more of a cutting edge to move up the table a bit. Paton was obviously fairly subdued in the first half but look a real handful in the second.

Absolutely ridiculous that we've gone from 10th to 3rd in the last four games. Just shows how tight the league is.

5 wins on the bounce eh! What a difference it makes playing 2 up top! Good to see us creating chances week in week out and playing some attractive football! I won't apologise for being critical of DY a few weeks ago but what a will say is a massive well done for turning things around, you have proved me and many others wrong and I'm delighted for him and long may it continue. The Docherty pen situation should never have happened and I'm hopeful the management will nip this in the bud, could have cost us the points on another day and it's not good to see! Anyway, well done again from a happy Fifer! [emoji108]

Who was that old hooligan jumping up and down brandishing his fists in an incredibly violent manner while shouting "get in there" towards the opposition fans in a menacing fashion???

Didn't think such behaviour was tolerated at the Nou Bayview, needs pointed out to security IMO!!!

Archived