East Fife -vs- Stenhousemuir

There's an entertaining encounter ahead as upwardly mobile East Fife host bottom-of-the-table Stenhousemuir on Saturday. The Fifers, going by their highlights at any rate, have looked pretty handy over the last few weeks. There's a decent core of players there while Rory Currie has been a good signing and looks like a danger whenever he's on the ball inside the box. I would have had them pinned as back-markers this season so fair play to them.

As for Stenny, we've been alright for the best part but haven't been able to convert our decent play into points. I thought we were a little unlucky not to have taken something from last weekend's game with Arbroath (we should have scored before Ryan McCord's eventual winner).

I think we will line up:

- Mark McGuigan -

- Seb Ross -

- Alan Cook - Sean Dickson - Mark Ferry - Harry Paton - Connor Duthie -

- Ruaridh Donaldson - Jesus Garcia Tena - Morgyn Neill -

- Graeme Smith -

I think we can win this game. I hope we do.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the type of game we need to be winning to make sure we keep a fair distance away from any relegation issue. 4 wins in a row so the team pretty much picks itself these days and with Smith & Currie waiting in the wings we aren’t short of attacking options.

stenny will always pose a threat, bottom or not...manager DY will have a headache going into this game like any week perviously since we’ve begun to put some wins together and its that togetherness that has brought us there, does he stick or twist? Currie has been a threat in the game off the bench, even to “Taco” = Bell has scored in midweek!! so theres options all over the park espically with sparky, linton and McDowall returning to the subs bench its great headache to have but this game is a game we certainly need to take points from. On that note a few ex-faces in Brown ferguson side are Cook, Paterson and Dickson i see but stenny i believe are always a strong challenge at any stage over the years against us.

Can we go 5 in a row, let's hope so!!!

I wouldn't be reading too much into the fact that Stennie are bottom, so were we a fortnight ago and now we're up to the dizzy heights of third (joint) after only two games, they're only four points behind us and I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of points gap is pretty much going to continue between 2nd and 10th for the foreseeable future!!!

I would hope that the teams confidence continues and if it does then the run should do so as well and as for swapping around the team - why???

I think injury or serious form loss to one of the starting 11 is the only way any of the guys on the bench are going to get a start at the moment. DY has an embarrassment of riches at the moment but would be a fool to change anything just for the hell of it, can you imagine the backlash if he did and we lost, especially if the results fall for us again this weekend and we could have gone second (joint)???

It's a shame for Kid (Currie) especially but no, we've got to keep the same starting 11 and anyway, perhaps Kid wouldn't have got his goals if Courty and Tonks hadn't battered the opposition's defence senseless for the first hour of the game!!!

No easy games in this league and and things can change so quickly for Stenhousemuir just like it has for us! Our players are flying at the moment and confidence must be high! I don't care how we do it but fingers crossed it will be another happy Saturday night for all at EF! I'm looking forward to what will be another hard game against a side who will be hoping to end our wee winning streak! 2.1 EF

This will be a tough game i reckon, when the league is as tight as it is, bottom place can turn into promotion playoffs within a few games, and stenny will have a point to prove after their last few games.

I'm hoping we have too much firepower for them, and defensively we are starting to get tighter so i am predicting a hard earned 2-0 to East Fife.

Agree with the other posts, to change the team given recent performances would be crazy, but if Currie has pushed himself into first team contention, it will be interesting to see contributes as a starter v as an impact sub.  

We've been decent at home and rubbish away from home. We've still to score a goal away from home including the league cup games, albeit they were away to Morton and Ayr.  We are capable of beating anyone in the league (as is everyone else) so who knows what will happen.

13 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I wouldn't be reading too much into the fact that Stennie are bottom, so were we a fortnight ago and now we're up to the dizzy heights of third (joint) after only two games, they're only four points behind us and I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of points gap is pretty much going to continue between 2nd and 10th for the foreseeable future!!!

You know confidence is high when we're 4th at the beginning of a paragraph and 2nd by the end of it.:lol:

You know confidence is high when we're 4th at the beginning of a paragraph and 2nd by the end of it.:lol:

Third mate, we're third (joint)!!![emoji6]

wonder IF Dunlop will be making a mystery apperance amongst  the Substitutes tomorrow? we shall find out, hopefully decent home crowd as we’ve put some wins together...must be rolling a few boo-boys heads at the moment :) but games like these is importantly to any other game in a tight, tight league.

HT
East Fife 1-0 Stenhousemuir

Really should be a lot more considering the amount of time we've had the ball, but nobody seemed willing to take a shot, 3 shots on goal in total is all we've had, let's hope we don't rue that as Stennie will have the wind behind them in the second half!!!

Archived