Davis Love III

Who will win the 2018 Ryder Cup?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • America
    • 14-14 Tie (USA Retains Trophy)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/18 at 06:49

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45734449

I suppose it's understandable she's looking for someone to blame but some of her comments are a tad unrealistic eg saying that marshals should be responsible for warning them when someone is attempting to drive the green.

It matters to Digby Brown.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Mickelson has finally broken his silence and said Le Golf National was unplayable. Try telling that to Hatton and Casey who were 9 under through 14 holes on Saturday morning, or even his teammates Johnson and Fowler who were 6 under through 16 holes on the Friday.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

So Mickelson has finally broken his silence and said Le Golf National was unplayable. Try telling that to Hatton and Casey who were 9 under through 14 holes on Saturday morning, or even his teammates Johnson and Fowler who were 6 under through 16 holes on the Friday.

Is the concept that even if it was "unplayable", both sets of players played on the same course lost on him then? Still not over plunging one in the water to meekly hand the trophy over Phil?

Is the concept that even if it was "unplayable", both sets of players played on the same course lost on him then? Still not over plunging one in the water to meekly hand the trophy over Phil?
Yep, his criticisms are mainly the narrow fairways and the severity of the rough. Aw diddums. Just had a look at some of the other scores, Finau was -6 through 14 in the singles on Sunday when he beat Fleetwood. If the fairways were 40 yards wide Phil would still have been missing them.

42 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I think almost every course is unplayable for Phil these days (I know, I know, he's going well this week).

Just read his actual quotes. What a clown. "I'm 48. I'm not going to play tournaments with rough like that anymore. It's a waste of my time" [emoji38]
It's embarrassing stuff. He's beyond parody now after his cheating incident at the US Open.

24 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Just read his actual quotes. What a clown. "I'm 48. I'm not going to play tournaments with rough like that anymore. It's a waste of my time" emoji38.png

It's embarrassing stuff. He's beyond parody now after his cheating incident at the US Open.

Watching the US tour at the moment and even the American commentators are critical of him. Pointing out that what he's said is not only silly, but also untrue.

Someone should ask him what constitutes fair on the golf course. For example, is it fair to run after your ball and tap it into the hole while still moving?

Watching the US tour at the moment and even the American commentators are critical of him. Pointing out that what he's said is not only silly, but also untrue.
Someone should ask him what constitutes fair on the golf course. For example, is it fair to run after your ball and tap it into the hole while still moving?
Guess who said this about Le Golf National at the start of Ryder Cup week? [emoji23]

“I think it's an incredible golf course,” he said. “I think the consensus amongst all the players is that it's a wonderful test of golf. The setup is as good as it could possibly be. It's just in pristine, immaculate shape, and yet provides a very good challenge that's a fair challenge. I think it's a wonderful test.” 

On 05/10/2018 at 21:51, Bairnardo said:

This although to be fair to him it was certainly unplayable from where he was hitting it.

As Butch Harmon said you can`t play that course from the rough and it`s even tougher from the water.

Archived