Davis Love III

Who will win the 2018 Ryder Cup?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • America
    • 14-14 Tie (USA Retains Trophy)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/18 at 06:49

Its almost like the American players dont know there are clubs between the long and short irons, with them its either give it a smack, or give it a flick, there's no inbetween

Oh they know they have these clubs, however their club selection is only for distance not for shot making. Hitting a 5 iron 200yrd for them in bread n butter hitting in low and runner is complete alien.
Tiger has been the only one in the last 30 years from across the pond who master this skill. In my eyes the greatest we have ever seen at controlling a ball. I'm too young to have seen the greats.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

They could have had meetings until dawn, however that cant change they way most yanks play golf. Off the tee even with long irons they are not accurate enough. They hit hard and long 90% on their tour you will have short iron to the pin with little rough or obstruction to green.
Euro tour is more precise and different verity of shot required within a round. Its not great to watch for an untrained eye, but it is real golf as we know it.

There are plenty of yanks who like to plot their way round a course they just didn't make the team. The ones who did fared well like Simpson and Thomas. In hindsight Furyks picks look pretty brainless, that course was made for a Zach Johnson type.

11 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

There are plenty of yanks who like to plot their way round a course they just didn't make the team. The ones who did fared well like Simpson and Thomas. In hindsight Furyks picks look pretty brainless, that course was made for a Zach Johnson type.

Thomas played the French open recently didnt he? Funny how he looked much more at ease during the tournament 

The problem Furyk had with getting the Americans to play in France (this is assuming he at least put the suggestion to them and Thomas didn't play off his own back) was that it was the week before the Irish-Scottish-British Open stretch. Very few of them would ever contemplate leaving the USA for that length of time.

I liked Sergio's comment about breaking the points record. Something along the lines of "It feels great to beat the points achieved by some of my heroes - and Nick Faldo".

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:
6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Maybe DJ knows this woman:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45714544

Read that earlier. I would imagine there will be all sorts of disclaimers on the ticket. They shouted fore and pointed where it was going, so she couldn't have been paying attention.

Yeah I think she's got no chance of getting anywhere with that.

I wonder if Koepka will still play the Dunhill Links. Between the story about this woman losing her sight and his dust up with Dustin it's not been a great 24 hours for him.

Yeah I think she's got no chance of getting anywhere with that.
I wonder if Koepka will still play the Dunhill Links. Between the story about this woman losing her sight and his dust up with Dustin it's not been a great 24 hours for him.
Saw this on Twitter from the Ryder Cup ground rules.

IMG_20181002_144340.jpg

It's more of a surprise that this hasn't happened before. The number of fuckwits who stand facing away from the ball as the players hit is amazing.

There was even a guy inside the ropes at the weekend who was blissfully unaware as the ball nearly ran into the back of his legs.

I saw Koepka speaking about the incident on SSN this morning, he came across really well and seemed genuinely distressed that his shot caused this to happen.

Did I read somewhere here eye practically “exploded”?

It's more of a surprise that this hasn't happened before. The number of fuckwits who stand facing away from the ball as the players hit is amazing.
There was even a guy inside the ropes at the weekend who was blissfully unaware as the ball nearly ran into the back of his legs.
Yep, I can't understand the thought process that you stand next to the green at a drivable par 4, then don't pay attention to the players trying to drive it.

Archived