Wishaw - Where has it all gone wrong?

Sherlock

Where has it all gone wrong at Wishaw?

After 16 games in charge Keiran McGuiness isn`t producing the goods, having won only 4 of them in comparison to Wishaw`s previous manager who had achieved 7 wins and 3 draws by this time. Currently sitting third botom of the league and no longer the team that others wont look forward to playing. A team now that others in that area of the league will look upon as a chance to pick up three points. Stark comparison to last season where a lot of people were continually praising their performances. 

Sadly I cant see Larkhall getting the chance to welcome them at Gasworks next season on league business because as much as they are certainties for the drop this season, based on Wishaw`s current form I think they will also be destined for relegation.

29 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

After 16 games in charge Keiran McGuiness  won  4 of them. Currently sitting third botom of the league. A team that others in that area of the league will look upon as a chance to pick up three points. 

I'm not a great follower of the juniors. But I had a work colleague who played for them way back and i used to look out for their results and I'd say that's a good start for them. AND in a higher league than normal.

38 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

After 16 games in charge Keiran McGuiness isn`t producing the goods, having won only 4 of them in comparison to Wishaw`s previous manager who had achieved 7 wins and 3 draws by this time. Currently sitting third botom of the league and no longer the team that others wont look forward to playing. A team now that others in that area of the league will look upon as a chance to pick up three points. Stark comparison to last season where a lot of people were continually praising their performances. 

Sadly I cant see Larkhall getting the chance to welcome them at Gasworks next season on league business because as much as they are certainties for the drop this season, based on Wishaw`s current form I think they will also be destined for relegation.

Your first post as a Larkhall Thistle fan and its about the downturn in Wishaw's form ????

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

"Bitterness is a paralytic. Love is a much more vicious motivator" - Sherlock Holmes 

I think this season was always likely to be tough going after the glory days of last season's cup run faded and several key players (understandably) moved on to better things. It will take a while to rebuild, whether that will be under the current management (I say that purely on the basis of the short tenures of Wishy supremos in recent years) remains to be seen. However, looking at the bigger picture and remembering the days of no ground and near extinction, I am still pretty positive, sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth, boring as that may be.

I hope it won't happen, but relegation wouldn't be the end of the world and the consolation would be a couple of proper derby matches with Newmains again (assuming our local rival's revival doesn't see them pass Wishy on the way down!)  I usually look forward to the Junior Cup but do fear the worst (again a bit of a hangover from last year's success) for the game with West Calder on Saturday, they seem to be in pretty good form although if as many posters have suggested, the East leagues are not as strong as the West, there's still hope.

I think this season was always likely to be tough going after the glory days of last season's cup run faded and several key players (understandably) moved on to better things. It will take a while to rebuild, whether that will be under the current management (I say that purely on the basis of the short tenures of Wishy supremos in recent years) remains to be seen. However, looking at the bigger picture and remembering the days of no ground and near extinction, I am still pretty positive, sometimes you just have to take the rough with the smooth, boring as that may be.
I hope it won't happen, but relegation wouldn't be the end of the world and the consolation would be a couple of proper derby matches with Newmains again (assuming our local rival's revival doesn't see them pass Wishy on the way down!)  I usually look forward to the Junior Cup but do fear the worst (again a bit of a hangover from last year's success) for the game with West Calder on Saturday, they seem to be in pretty good form although if as many posters have suggested, the East leagues are not as strong as the West, there's still hope.
We are in the same boat this season,it's been a massive rebuilding job and will take time;and relegation is not the end of the world;the most important matter is the survival of the club
Good luck for the rest of the season

Wishaw have nobody to blame but themselves for the downturn in there fortunes. Make no mistake about it if Wishaw has kept the core of the squad that was built under John and Chris they would be challenging at the top of the league above them. You only have to look at summer there when Everyone left they pretty much all went to bigger teams. Wishaw s low wages and only paying people when the games are on has caught up with them. This team got to the semi final of the Scottish last year.

To blame Kieran is wrong. He has had to build a brand new team and if they avoid relegation it would be a good result for the club. Wish them all the best.

Wishaw have nobody to blame but themselves for the downturn in there fortunes. Make no mistake about it if Wishaw has kept the core of the squad that was built under John and Chris they would be challenging at the top of the league above them. You only have to look at summer there when Everyone left they pretty much all went to bigger teams. Wishaw s low wages and only paying people when the games are on has caught up with them. This team got to the semi final of the Scottish last year.
To blame Kieran is wrong. He has had to build a brand new team and if they avoid relegation it would be a good result for the club. Wish them all the best.
Some teams only pay what the club can afford to pay.

Admittedly it’s not been an ideal start but it’s far too early to start talking about relegation. 

The recent changes have come about because a big ego at the club took a tantrum and threw all his toys out the pram. Whilst the rest of the good people there were busy picking them back up he got his own way. 

And so we are where we are. 

Archived