Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

That's an old photo, unfortunately. Think it's when they were trousered by the **** a few years back.
Scottish Cup probably, given the William Hill writing just in shot.

The Hampden beatings for the new club are all starting to merge into a blur though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still buzzing this morning and having decided to drive to the game, no hangover either.

I'm not having this 'smash and grab' stuff.  Yes Rangers had a lot of the ball but I thought we were happy enough to allow them that and keep our shape.

McKenna and Devlin were outstanding, I thought Lowe was as good as I've seen him since he joined too.  Glad Considine is ok but him coming off was almost a blessing.  Candeias was getting a lot of joy out of him and Lowe seemed to be up to the task far more.  I do think defensively our biggest concern is in the wide areas, Rangers did get into several good positions out wide without every capitalising on them.  Saying that, apart from a 10-15 minute spell in the second half, I never really felt like we were on the verge of conceding.  It was nothing like Easter Road where Hibs could have justifiably beaten us about 4-0.

We still have a long way to go in an attacking sense.  GMS was great in spells and poor in others.  Mcginn, Wilson, May need to offer more.  Wright struggled to get into the game.

Just delighted to win, after the build up to the game and reading on here and the likes, clearly everyone thought we were going to get destroyed yesterday.  I was quietly confident we'd get through. 

Being in F5 was glorious, the bounce at the goal, at the end and the look on the **** faces from Ferguson's goal onwards makes all the shite worth it.

However, in the midst of celebrating our goal someone set off a firework about 5 feet from me and I will happily admit I shat my pants.  Worth it though.

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

Here’s my pre match post ...

Here's a few other pre-match posts:

Ticket arrived. Upper South Stand on the halfway line. Couldn’t have asked for a better seat. Thank God Aberdeen are such a Tin pot club with a shit support

image.png.ab5ddd5f77d945262d927446cb3399d2.png

Got Email for ticket. Id just like to thank Aberdeen for being such a tin pot club

image.png.bc1bf22d7f80533ffe94f61031dd36a8.png

Not really. It means I am absolutely guaranteed a ticket for Rangers v Hearts Final

image.png.13bd9593bb5c8a7412f57c327d0767f7.png

Costing Scottish football money Aberdeen financially penalised (hopefully) Embarrassing your club could only sell 10,000 tickets. Embarrassing for Scottish football as a whole that one of its so called bigger clubs has such a poor support Ohh well it just means I don’t have to sit in the traffic on bus bursting for a pish. I ll just have to watch from the comfort of the pub knowing I am guaranteed Cup Final ticket

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Výsledek obrázku pro derek mcinnes laughing

GIRFUY

25 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Good move by Aberdeen fans, saving their cash for the final.

Well played dons, well played.

This is very true. Old Rangers last LC SF attendance was 23432 v Motherwell.   Clamouring  for League cup semi final tickets is the mark of diddy team  fans wanting to see their "final".

This is very true. Old Rangers last LC SF attendance was 23432 v Motherwell.   Clamouring  for League cup semi final tickets is the mark of diddy team  fans wanting to see their "final".
Yeah but that was before the Stevie G revolution.

LETS GO

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

However, in the midst of celebrating our goal someone set off a firework about 5 feet from me and I will happily admit I shat my pants.  Worth it though.

I was in F6 and it was not far behind us. Was ready to run onto the pitch for an evacuation :rolleyes:

We got what we deserved yesterday.  Dominated for most of the game, but zero end product.  I wouldn't be upset if Sadiq was sent packing back to Rome.  A disaster of a player, and the attempt to get the keeper sent off when he had an open goal was embarrassing.  We need another striker we can rely on if Fredo and Kyle are out and he just isn't it.

The last two games Tav's and Candieas' delivery has been appalling.  We're starting to rely too much on Kent doing something and teams are getting wise to it.

Gerrard is right to shoulder the blame, his reluctance to make changes when games aren't going our way is becoming a "thing".  For some reason we are struggling away from Ibrox, there is a marked difference in how we approach games away from home. 

Fair play to Aberdeen, they took their chance and we can have no complaints.  Also, I was the most hungover man on the planet yesterday and watched this game twitching on the couch with a healthy dose of the fear, so thanks for that.

We got what we deserved yesterday.  Dominated for most of the game, but zero end product.  I wouldn't be upset if Sadiq was sent packing back to Rome.  A disaster of a player, and the attempt to get the keeper sent off when he had an open goal was embarrassing.  We need another striker we can rely on if Fredo and Kyle are out and he just isn't it.
The last two games Tav's and Candieas' delivery has been appalling.  We're starting to rely too much on Kent doing something and teams are getting wise to it.
Gerrard is right to shoulder the blame, his reluctance to make changes when games aren't going our way is becoming a "thing".  For some reason we are struggling away from Ibrox, there is a marked difference in how we approach games away from home. 
Fair play to Aberdeen, they took their chance and we can have no complaints.  Also, I was the most hungover man on the planet yesterday and watched this game twitching on the couch with a healthy dose of the fear, so thanks for that.
Just post the gif m8.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Just post the gif m8.

I refuse.

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That's maybe your answer...

Archived