Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder what they're all looking at. Boy behind Dave King is looking to his right, fat bloke with glasses is looking to his left, and Kings looking both ways.

I used to work in the research department of a major media firm - one thing I was told was that the most reliable way to tell whether people are being entertained by watching a piece of media is if they're all exhibiting similar body language at the same time - it's more reliable than simply asking them afterwards. The audience should all be acting the same way at the same time - whether laughing, shocked, sad or whatever. When the audience members all exhibit different types of body language, and fidgeting, checking their watch, looking around at the other audience members or whathaveyou, then your movie/TV show/whatever is shite.

Draw your own conclusion from this.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I used to work in the research department of a major media firm - one thing I was told was that the most reliable way to tell whether people are being entertained by watching a piece of media is if they're all exhibiting similar body language at the same time - it's more reliable than simply asking them afterwards. The audience should all be acting the same way at the same time - whether laughing, shocked, sad or whatever. When the audience members all exhibit different types of body language, and fidgeting, checking their watch, looking around at the other audience members or whathaveyou, then your movie/TV show/whatever is shite.

Draw your own conclusion from this.

That they look fucked off because we're getting beat?  Deep stuff there.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That they look fucked off because we're getting beat?  Deep stuff there.

To be fair, the clever bit  involved feeding videos of audiences during test screenings to a computer algorithm that then told you how well your movie was going to rate on IMDB or RottenTomatoes. Maybe they could work out the eventual league position from the state of Dave King's pus over the course of 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

To be fair, the clever bit  involved feeding videos of audiences during test screenings to a computer algorithm that then told you how well your movie was going to rate on IMDB or RottenTomatoes. Maybe they could work out the eventual league position from the state of Dave King's pus over the course of 90 minutes.

I doubt even the 93 petaflop Sunway TaihuLight stuffed full of algorithms could tell what Dave King is looking at.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder what they're all looking at. Boy behind Dave King is looking to his right, fat bloke with glasses is looking to his left, and Kings looking both ways.

This guy's got 5 hands .... mutant b*****d!

Screenshot_20181029-151139.png

First time poster so go easy...

Fantastic result in what was being described as a potentially season defining game pre kickoff. Can't claim I was too confident beforehand so great to get a solid performance in a big game.

Don't recall big Joe having more than one save to make despite all their possession. Our midfield and attack was fairly shocking but defence was absolutely solid. What a pairing Devlin and McKenna are together. Logan was absolutely solid and although it's a shame about big Andy, Lowe's pace was definitely an asset.

Onwards and Upwards. Season has been pretty poor up to now but hopefully this allows us to push on from here. Celtic's domestic dominance can't go on forever, so why not us.

COYR

18070368.jpg

46 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Fantastic result in what was being described as a potentially season defining game pre kickoff. Can't claim I was too confident beforehand so great to get a solid performance in a big game.

Don't recall big Joe having more than one save to make despite all their possession. Our midfield and attack was fairly shocking but defence was absolutely solid. What a pairing Devlin and McKenna are together. Logan was absolutely solid and although it's a shame about big Andy, Lowe's pace was definitely an asset.

Onwards and Upwards. Season has been pretty poor up to now but hopefully this allows us to push on from here. Celtic's domestic dominance can't go on forever, so why not us.

COYR

18070368.jpg

Welcome Angus

Good first post mate:thumsup2

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

COYR

18070368.jpg

Welcome Angus.

watch out for Bennett....

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

COYR

18070368.jpg

621737.jpg?b64lines=IFlvdSBnb3QgYSBmcmVzaCBzb3VuZC4gSXQKIHdpbGwgcGxheSB3ZWxsIGF0IHRoaXMKIHNjaG9vbC4=

Evening Dandies,

New poster here (other that one during yesterday's game). Usually just read and enjoy the various patter - PnB voyour!

Still enjoying the afterglow of yesterday's momentous victory, but wondering about your assessment of Wilson's performance? And in general our Striker problem. 

We obviously have a problem in the final third, but whoever plays up top needs to be a grafterand defend from the front.  Not sure Wilson provides that? Maybe he knocked his pan so much in the first half / is still not fully fit, but i felt he was not chasing things down and should have been off before he was.

May seemed to be catching a bit of heat from people for his performance, I will admit his touch was offer poor but at least he grafts away, however he is not the answer to our scoring problems either. 

What about the two young lads, Anderson and Mclennan, if provided a wee run of games, step up? 

Stand Free! 

8 minutes ago, Highloon said:

Evening Dandies,

New poster here (other that one during yesterday's game). Usually just read and enjoy the various patter - PnB voyour!

Still enjoying the afterglow of yesterday's momentous victory, but wondering about your assessment of Wilson's performance? And in general our Striker problem. 

We obviously have a problem in the final third, but whoever plays up top needs to be a grafterand defend from the front.  Not sure Wilson provides that? Maybe he knocked his pan so much in the first half / is still not fully fit, but i felt he was not chasing things down and should have been off before he was.

May seemed to be catching a bit of heat from people for his performance, I will admit his touch was offer poor but at least he grafts away, however he is not the answer to our scoring problems either. 

What about the two young lads, Anderson and Mclennan, if provided a wee run of games, step up? 

Stand Free! 

Maybe we could put in a sneaky wee offer for thon big lad that played up front for Der *** yesterday

Reckon he would be falling over himself to play for The Famous.

Mind would need to up his game a bit to keep Big Sam out of the team

Archived