Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleasing outcome and it looks like we will have 8 or 9k spare seats - Rangers fans are furious! :D  

A lot of families won't go to this game as they don't want their kids subjected to the hate and bigotry.  We will sell more tickets against the likes of Queen of the South and Morton semi-finals which the kick-off times for those 2 games was a lot worse.

I can't believe some are comparing our ticket sales with Hearts - for once they don't have to travel! 

f**k the SPFL and the SFA!

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

I can't believe some are comparing our ticket sales with Hearts - for once they don't have to travel! 

Hearts were in a LC semi final vs Inverness in 2014 at Easter Road and the attendance was 12,762   (around 4,500 down on the previous day's attendance for Aberdeen v St Johnstone at Tynecastle).

So if Hearts are suddenly taking loads and loads of fans to a LC semi final in Edinburgh, someone must have forgotten to tell a lot of them about the previous one.

32 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Hearts were in a LC semi final vs Inverness in 2014 at Easter Road and the attendance was 12,762   (around 4,500 down on the previous day's attendance for Aberdeen v St Johnstone at Tynecastle).

So if Hearts are suddenly taking loads and loads of fans to a LC semi final in Edinburgh, someone must have forgotten to tell a lot of them about the previous one.

Yes, because the situation of us facing relegation and possible financial ruin from early 2014 is comparable to the situation we currently find ourselves in: top of the league and possibly in our best ever off-field position.

That game was also our third semi-final in three seasons, and was a repeat of the previous seasons semi-final, which was live on the BBC. This is our first semi-final since that match.

:1eye

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yes, because the situation of us facing relegation and possible financial ruin from early 2014 is comparable to the situation we currently find ourselves in: top of the league and possibly in our best ever off-field position.

That game was also our third semi-final in three seasons, and was a repeat of the previous seasons semi-final, which was live on the BBC. This is our first semi-final since that match.

Aye, that would explain it...

So using your argument. As this is Aberdeen’s 394th visit to Hampden in the last 4 years it’s acceptable for us to have sold a ridiculously small amount.

A fine example of the two faces of a football supporter.

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It just shows that demand, just like football is cyclical.

We sold out the semi and final in 2014 after we'd been horrendous for years.  f**k me we sold 14k in 2012 (?) against Celtic when we'd already lost 9-0 to them that season.

Our support is about as apathetic as it's been under Mcinnes (which frustrates me) but it will come back again.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Sorry, what's this? I don't see any Hearts fans 'seething' that Rangers (and seemingly Celtic) fans are upset over this situation.

I never said Hearts fans were seething at Rangers (and seemingly Celtic) fans are upset but you do seem very defensive about something here, Snr Sergio.

According to the Dons ticket site, we only have 2609 tickets left on sale but I'm assuming that sections F1 - G1 are not in fact sold out. Or are they? Is this the best twist in the story yet. The Rangers fans have a meltdown, massive seethe, lots of tears and snotters and we keep pretending that we've not sold our tickets when in fact we have but it's a secret until the day of the game when we unfurl a huge banner just saying GIRFUY.  Good times!

Just now, weejoeharper said:

According to the Dons ticket site, we only have 2609 tickets left on sale but I'm assuming that sections F1 - G1 are not in fact sold out. Or are they? Is this the best twist in the story yet. The Rangers fans have a meltdown, massive seethe, lots of tears and snotters and we keep pretending that we've not sold our tickets when in fact we have but it's a secret until the day of the game when we unfurl a huge banner just saying GIRFUY.  Good times!

The club just tweeted that sales are approaching 10k

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

In an ideal world what were the Sevco fans hoping would be a fair split of tickets? 30k to them, 15k to the Dons and the rest comps?

In an ideal world both clubs are given the chance to sell 50 / 50. Both clubs instructed to sell block by block and any tickets unsold given to the club who sold their allocation 

Archived