Edinburgh City Vs Cowdenbeath

Tenkay

Its not the best but adequate for our needs and size of support at the moment. Happy to stay there until we have something set in stone and sorted out. 

No reply yet to justify your statement that Craig Thomson is not a paedophile. Still waiting on you to enlighten us on this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LIES
There wasnt anybody on the balcony with a club tie on shouting abuse. A couple of us fans on the balcony gave it the "1-0" at you lot for a laugh and thats it. All the abuse was coming from a few of your numpties. Lets not spread lies on pie and bovril to try and justify a minority of your fans behaviour shall we. Your idiots screamed abuse at our players as they were walking off the pitch whereas us City fans were congratulating and praising Dave McGurn and Jordyn Sheerin as they walked off. You moan about Craig Thomson(who is not a paedophile) but yet you still paid ya £12 to get in yesterday or ya £6 whatever it was. 
Your fans were screaming abuse at us about not having our own ground............. NOR DO YOU HAHAHAHA. Central Park isnt yours its the stock cars stadium. 
Wasn't gloating [emoji23]

44 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

How shite is Ainslie Park for watching football btw. Hopefully you get someone else sorted and can move away from that place. 

Its actually a bit better at Spartans games as your allowed on the grass banking. Heard you were hard as nails and went into the Doo'cot for a pint:lol:

Goodness me youse weren’t exaggerating when you said 1-0 flattered Cowden! Some amount of chances we created and I mind McGurn having a game like that against us at Meadowbank in our first season in the league (1-1 draw I think)

To be fair to everyone, I think it was one singular Cowdenbeath fan who attracted a lot of attention after the game - declined entry into the bar after the final whistle and then started shouting about anything and everything, including 'got no ground' etc - he's easily ignored as an individual. Apart from that one person there was no drama at all between the sides.

Cowdenbeath was the first ground I visited when I first started groundhopping Scotland in February 2016, and it's still one of my favourite grounds, having seen 31 of the 42 since - a unique set-up and healthy gallows humour amongst the home support on that day, and the same again during the Edinburgh City visit in January this year.

Guest Landan Spiv
18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Aye that was 1-1. You absolutely battered us that day and missed countless one on ones. Good to see we have progressed since then.  

McGurn is class. 

18 minutes ago, EdinburghTurkey said:

To be fair to everyone, I think it was one singular Cowdenbeath fan who attracted a lot of attention after the game - declined entry into the bar after the final whistle and then started shouting about anything and everything, including 'got no ground' etc - he's easily ignored as an individual. Apart from that one person there was no drama at all between the sides.

That’s a fabrication. No one was declined entry to the bar. 

I can't agree with you there. There was for absolutely certain  one (bald headed) person who was declined entry to the bar. He then caused a scene, from "why would I want to go into your bar?" into "you have no ground" and all the carry on afterwards. Quite funny to witness, but a City official certainly shouted to alert security to stop this person entering the bar, and that was the cause of the shouting that followed. That was the first I saw of the incident, but something had clearly happened before this to cause the official to alert security, and then afterwards this one person caused a scene as many other people were leaving the ground. I don't want to exaggerate the issue between the sides, as it was limited to this one person, but he was 100% stopped from entering the bar - which was what caused the scene.

I’m not going to get into a debate but that’s not accurate. I was last to leave and your steward even came up to a few of us and said something along the lines of “report him to the club as opposed to getting involved” with regards to that tube in the club tie. Naturally no one will report it as it was nothing but the boy in the tie was the instigator. Your ‘official’ then ran up the stairs after causing a commotion and tried to get as many people between him and the away fans as possible. Quite sad really.

Wasnt a big deal at all. If the worst you hear at a football game is “you’ve got no ground” I’d say that is barely worth mentioning on here. 

City look the real deal. A nice blend of youth and experience, fit well organized, very dangerous at set pieces, no obvious weaknesses. Henderson has flattered to deceive at several clubs, but seems to have found his mojo here, and was a handful throughout. Balatoni organized the defence with the minimum of fuss. Peterhead probably have more good players but City look a better team. My only reservations would be if Balatoni was out for any length of time, or it might not be so easy to defend against a side with a lot of pace , or not all officials will be as easy to manipulate as Saturday's was. As for us, we have McGurn thank goodness. Deas acquitted himself well, but it is verging on the ridiculous to have him there when we already have two better than average left backs in Talbot and Swann and the centre of our defence is so shaky. Marsh  started well for us but the last few games he has been all over the place. The decision to disperse with Gilfilan's services so casually taken has come back to bite us big time.  Deas in for Marsh, Talbot back in and Swann at least on the bench so he can come on for whichever of our midfielders is having a nightmare. I know it's not easy being a football manager, where everybody thinks they know better than you but we fans have to have some fun.

4 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

No pal, don't even attempt  to twist things any further.

It is simply being pointed out that you have an absolute creature in your ranks (which is bad enough in itself), who has now apparently been absolved by a shameless or ill-informed fan. Bamboozling stuff really!

I wasn't. I was heeding the old proverb "Never mudwrestle with a pig. The pig just likes it and you'll only get dirty".

5 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Forgot to say, your mince pies are very tasty, and HP sauce freely available top marks. Tragically, I lost half of mine when it was whipped off my plate by the howling gale in that wind tunnel you call a stand.

Your giving City too much credit it's a Spartans pie:lol: 

11 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Forgot to say, your mince pies are very tasty, and HP sauce freely available top marks. Tragically, I lost half of mine when it was whipped off my plate by the howling gale in that wind tunnel you call a stand.

5bb3e2c72e124_windmachine.jpg.1b6f3d6859818a16a097c4347f0952ca.jpg

an evil Spartans director stands by the device used to ensure two pies have to be bought... :P

Archived