St Johnstone players overlooked by Scotland

ExiledSaint

It's worth mentioning that in the past five years only Aberdeen and Celtic have more top flight points than St Johnstone, and 4th placed isn't even close. 

This isn't me moaning about some relegation threatened/yo-yo team getting no call ups, this is a team who've, easily, been the third best in the country for half a decade, with a predominantly Scottish team, and only have one minute of International football to show for it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He has. At least two have had scouts at most our games for the past year, and one was a regular at Queens game. There's been contact with the club aswell.

There’s been umpteen championship and league 1 scouts at Ayr games over the past season but you don’t see me using it as a reason to tout Declan McDaid for a call-up.

35 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

There’s been umpteen championship and league 1 scouts at Ayr games over the past season but you don’t see me using it as a reason to tout Declan McDaid for a call-up.

Neither did I. Was making that point that once hes inevitably moved to the Championship, due to the amount of scouts and his performances, he'll be called up straight away.

There were only 6 lower league players in the original squad (5 Championship and 1 League One). 4 of those were capped by Scotland before they moved to England - the two who weren't were Matt Phillips and Oli McBurnie, who have never played in Scotland.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There were only 6 lower league players in the original squad (5 Championship and 1 League One). 4 of those were capped by Scotland before they moved to England - the two who weren't were Matt Phillips and Oli McBurnie, who have never played in Scotland.

How much were they scouted though? 

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's worth mentioning that in the past five years 

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Kerr. 

That start has everything to do with the financial implosions of Hearts and Rangers and dire management of Hibs. 

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Kerr. 

That start has everything to do with the financial implosions of Hearts and Rangers and dire management of Hibs. 

So St Johnstone were more successful than every team in Scotland other than Celtic and Aberdeen because of Hearts, Hibs and rangers??

Aye okay mate.

Do Dunfermline not get like nearly double the amount of fans for home games than St. Johnstone despite being in a league below?

That’s me convinced. We should just fill the squad with Falkirk and Dunfermline players next time round they have loads of fans.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That’s me convinced. We should just fill the squad with Falkirk and Dunfermline players next time round they have loads of fans.

Still a sounder plan than to fill a Nigerian generals bank account. 

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

If they get more fans than us why are they in the league below?

Not managed as well on and off the pitch, still a bigger club though by having far more fans for me. I appreciate its not the only indication though but the main one imo.

Edited by gannonball

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Still a sounder plan than to fill a Nigerian generals bank account. 

Not managed as well on and off the pitch, still a bigger club though by having far more fans for me. I appreciate its not the only indication though but the main one imo.

Clubs which play in the Irn-Bru Cup are minnows by definition.