Berwick vs Clyde New Season Lurve fest Continuation

Alas, it seems like all Love affairs, one party looks outside for better things,  looking outside the relationship , forming new bonds , that's what happens with no commitment, when you live over the brush . Will the relationship survive the rocky path of a new season where one club is looking upwards as the other looks down? Can the two fashionable icons of the 2nd Division combine ambition with fear or succumb to the promises of a new dawn?   Only time will tell..........

As for the game, if we can stop giving teams a 2-3 goal start, we might just get somewhere. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, welcome the bronzed Adonises of Clyde for another homoerotic tussle. Didn't end so well for the Bully Wee last time around, if I recall....

Hoping Mcilduff can bring stability to the defence, Peterhead was a decent first result (just one goal conceded for a change) at that but improvement is needed.

10 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

I, for one, welcome the bronzed Adonises of Clyde for another homoerotic tussle. Didn't end so well for the Bully Wee last time around, if I recall....

Hoping Mcilduff can bring stability to the defence, Peterhead was a decent first result (just one goal conceded for a change) at that but improvement is needed.

Defence looked better with Mcilduff & Brown although Brown being played out of position!!  

A bit of a banana peel for us this one; Berwick were rank last season but we still only won one of the matches, and even that was down to a dive. Add in Berwick beating the upcoming loan deadline to sign a few players on loan (Greg Hurst had a great game against us during his last spell) and they'll possibly be a bit more up for it than last week.

That said, we're still a good team and we should have more than enough to win if we stick to the game-plan we've had in recent matches. 3-1 is my prediction, with a Goodwillie double and Rumsby scoring from a corner kick as the entire Berwick team marks McNiff.

Probs a Clyde win as we slot two new players into the starting eleven.

I am really, really glad to have Mcilduff and Hurst in the team, and Dabrowski might supplant Brennan (didn't even know we needed a third goalie), with a fourth signing about to be revealed, but imagine if we had these guys come in before Stirling Albion match, or even before the League Cup kicked off! Would've made a difference, I reckon.

25 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Probs a Clyde win as we slot two new players into the starting eleven.

I am really, really glad to have Mcilduff and Hurst in the team, and Dabrowski might supplant Brennan (didn't even know we needed a third goalie), with a fourth signing about to be revealed, but imagine if we had these guys come in before Stirling Albion match, or even before the League Cup kicked off! Would've made a difference, I reckon.

3 hours ago, David W said:

A bit of a banana peel for us this one; Berwick were rank last season but we still only won one of the matches, and even that was down to a dive. 

Dive?

Post match interview that day the Berwick manager had no complaints about penalty as his player said it should be a penalty as he caught him. 

There was absolutely contact but it wasn't the defender that initiated it though. I was sat right behind it and Goodwillie stuck his leg out into the guy. It was 100% a dive.
Must have been a dive then [emoji23]

Archived