Elgin v QP

an86

I like 3 at back but we haven’t got wing backs to play it, well a right one anyway and we need 5 in midfield to support them. I agree that going to a back 4 might tighten things up at moment. Mind don’t know where we will get 4 defenders from for next week. Beattie and Wilson injured and Mchardy suspended.

Not a great game and fortunate to get 3 points but I'm very grateful for them! Thought QP were the better team first half but Elgin were much the more dangerous 2nd half. I personally hate the formation we are playing. The best players we have do not get on the ball anywhere near enough but 3 points are very well received!

Elgin were embarrassingly woeful in the first half.  Wilson IMO is not as good as Cooper at RB. Farquhar coming on  made all the difference and he was my MotM. Gourlay's save  after Wilson's mistake/injury was a game changer as well. In the first half  QP's 9 bullied our defence but was kept in check in the second.  Main thing is that we got the points.

Very disappointing. Seemed like a daft challenge for the penalty but Hart has been terrific so far, so no problem at all.

Glad to see the changes up front and I felt it worked. Mortimer supported well on the right but that sitter.....

Grant absolutely outstanding with Gibson not far behind that. We defended well but, again, the opposition seemed to be piling right through us. Hopefully Gerry will be back for Saturday. The injury situation is concerning.

I honestly think we have the makings of a decent side but we do need someone good in to sort the pieces out. Maybe this week?

Any highlights for the game? I know our usual person behind the camera was on holiday so not sure if either ourselves or Queens Park had anyone filming. Need to see that beauty of a set piece for our first again [emoji7]

6 hours ago, roberts said:

Thought QP right back was terrific. Obviously a young lad, but stood out.

He’s been excellent, this season. Definitely has a future in the game at full-time level if he keeps working hard and learning.

45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

More likely St Mirren ;)

That had crossed my mind as well. Wouldn’t be a bad move for him. They’ve given a fair few youngsters a go. Still think he’s a wee bit away from the level, but hopefully cements his place as a regular and improves with game time.

Archived