Elgin v QP

an86

We’ve been piss poor in the last couple of games and chronically lack in the goal scoring department. Our general play up to and including TNS game was largely pretty decent and we need to try and get back to that and hope we can find goals from somewhere. Mark Roberts needs a result as well or he can probably forget the job.

Hopefully we can get back on track at a ground where we seem to be relatively successful.

I'd change things up front and would be tempted to start with Peters and Hawke. Much as I appreciate the graft of Mortimer and Osalodor, we're not scoring goals and both of them might be better against tired legs in the last 20 minutes.

14 hours ago, JT1867 said:

have the problems with the pitch at BB been sorted?

The way we've been playing the last fortnight it might be to our benefit if they weren't.

Looking forward to this one, always the best away day of the league season (imo)  

40mph winds likely to put the game in any doubt?
Things can only get better.... They can't get any worse.
Another poor display against a hungrier Elgin.
When will we ever learn that a one goal advantage is never enough.
We should have had the game sewn up in the first half but decided to let them back into the game.
Not looking forward to next week.
Same shit different day.....

We were absolutely shocking in the first half, that awful formation that we have been playing with 3 centre halfs killed us against Stirling and looked to be doing the same this afternoon. Craig Beattie, Darryl McHardy and David Wilson do not seem to be able to play well together in that shape and look incredibly exposed from the wings. QP should've had finished the game in the first 35 minutes.

Second half - what a difference. Ryan Farquhar came on for Craig Beattie and switched out to the right side of the pitch, and immediately caused the defence problems. Allowing Cooper and Lowden to defend seemed to give us more confidence in going forward and the second half performance was enough for us to deserve the win. Our first goal was a proper training set piece. I felt sorry for David Wilson who slipped, allowing the QP attacker a clean shot at goal that was well saved by Kyle Gourlay. He went off injured so hopefully he's alright.

The less said about the referee, the better. There were some very strange decisions for both sides - anyone else see Darryl McHardy's phantom elbow?

32 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:
41 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:
Wrong man. 

Shite, right enough. He was ready to come on just as the penalty was given, McLauchlan came off not long after.

My real point was why wait until the last minute to put on a young striker who scored four goals for the reserves in midweek. Give the lad a chance to get into the game. Personally I would have had him on from the beginning at the expense of Mortimer who just cannot score despite 100% effort.

Three points so shouldn’t moan too much. That said poor disjointed performance. I like the 3 at the back but does leave us looking exposed. Cooper is not a wing back. Could not understand 3 up front, looked to me that Price was trying to shoe horn the 3 into the team and coming up with a formation to suit them. The team looked confused about what formation they were playing. All that said the wind and condition of pitch  didn’t  help.

One thing for sure we better play better next week or we will get murdered.

QP will feel aggrieved not to get a point, although daft penalty to give away. They looked to have some good young players with 2 and 7 catching me eye. Compared to some other teams in the League they are a bit on the small side which may cause them problems in some games.

Archived