Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The OP said:

Hopefully, if anything, this clusterfuck has made the cretinous paranoiacs who think cup draws are rigged rethink their position.

Celtic fans?

I don't think asking for a draw for it is being that unreasonable tbh.

As much as I would personally prefer the Aberdeen game to be in Edinburgh (as I live here and I'm not fond of Hampden) it makes most sense for the Hearts game to be in Edinburgh. Not really sure why they wouldn't put that game here and our game in Glasgow really.

Hasn't Liewell realised that Hearts were actually drawn first and are technically the home team?

If he is suggesting it is unfair that they have to play in Edinburgh as it gives an unfair advantage, then someone needs to point out to the greetin faced twat that Celtic have had an advantage for years!

Also our record at Murrayfield is not that impressive to make it any sort of advantage.

Welt.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Celtic fans?

Some of them fit the bill aye (**** always get a home draw (except when they don’t) and we always get an away draw (except when we don’t)) but if this board is a fair representaton of diddydom there is probably a greater proportion of diddy supporters who think we rig the draws or they are rigged on our behalf.

Hasn't Liewell realised that Hearts were actually drawn first and are technically the home team?

If he is suggesting it is unfair that they have to play in Edinburgh as it gives an unfair advantage, then someone needs to point out to the greetin faced twat that Celtic have had an advantage for years!

Also our record at Murrayfield is not that impressive to make it any sort of advantage.

Welt.

What makes him think Hearts playing in Murrayfield gives Hearts any more of an advantage than Celtic playing at Hampden? It's not as if Celtic wouldn't sell their allocation.

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

What makes him think Hearts playing in Murrayfield gives Hearts any more of an advantage than Celtic playing at Hampden? It's not as if Celtic wouldn't sell their allocation.

Might be suspecting more Hearts fans turning up. Which would even things up, but they're within their rights to ask the question I think. The c**t that the SPFL have made of it is the thing to blame here.

4 minutes ago, geddyalexneil said:

Welt.

2 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Link to Lawwell saying or him or the club implicitly saying Hearts have an advantage playing at Murrayfield?

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Link to Lawwell saying or him or the club implicitly saying Hearts have an advantage playing at Murrayfield?

The fact he is making noise about it being done by a draw as to who goes where. 

Just now, geddyalexneil said:

The fact he is making noise about it being done by a draw as to who goes where. 

Facts you made up thread for this pish then.

I think he is more bothered by the presumption that the **** and Aberdeen will not be fucked about.

Two tweets from scoop Jackson.

In the latest twist to the Betfred Cup farce, Celtic have written to the SPFL tonight to demand that any changes to the venue of the semis is determined by an open draw. Clearly unhappy that their tie with Hearts has been pre-selected for a switch to Murrayfiel

I suspect Police Scotland will not agree to this on the basis they don't want Aberdeen and Rangers fans travelling into Edinburgh at the same time. But who knows?

Hearts having being drawn FIRST followed by Celtic makes it the first game to be played as as happened throughout the years. We can't play on the Saturday due to Celtic. We are having to move the date of the game to suit Celtic. Now I don't actually have a problem with that (I am quite a nice bloke)

As it then led to both games having to be the Sunday Celtic should accept they do not have a right to play in Glasgow.

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

SRU saying they might be unable to provide Murrayfield given timeframe, according to Reporting Scotland.

SRU's offer to fall apart at the last minute and Police Scotland in Edinburgh to demand it to be played across the road at Tynecastle for logistical purposes. 

Would not be surprised. 

1 minute ago, geddyalexneil said:

Hearts having being drawn FIRST followed by Celtic makes it the first game to be played as as happened throughout the years. We can't play on the Saturday due to Celtic. We are having to move the date of the game to suit Celtic. Now I don't actually have a problem with that (I am quite a nice bloke)

As it then led to both games having to be the Sunday Celtic should accept they do not have a right to play in Glasgow.

The order of the draw hasn’t dictated the order of the semis for years. 

It’s now all down to when TV want them played. 

1 minute ago, geddyalexneil said:

Asking for an open draw does not suggest we think we have a right to play in Glasgow.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Asking for an open draw does not suggest we think we have a right to play in Glasgow.

Correct. It suggests you'd prefer it and tbh, don't think you can blame Celtic for going down this route.  If the SPFL hadn't made such a c**t of things, this wouldn't be happening.

Of course, it looks like this might all be wiped out by saying "naw" so I wonder what they'll do at that point.

Archived