Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

What are the potential options then:

A: Status quo
B: Celtic/Hearts at Murrayfield, possibly a reshuffling of the kickoff times
C: Both at Hampden on different days

Celtic v Hearts played the following Sunday and the league game due that weekend between the two rescheduled?

This seems to me the far easiest option, assuming there are a few opportunities for it to be played before the split, which admittedly I haven’t checked.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-exploring-betfred-semi-final-switch

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “After the draw, we spoke to Hampden Park Limited to ask whether they would release us from a contractual obligation to host all semi-finals involving the Old Firm at Hampden. They declined our request and we were unwilling to breach this contract and risk legal action.

“However, I’m pleased to report that we have been contacted this morning by SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell who said that Hampden Park Limited has now reconsidered that position and have agreed to waive that legal obligation."

The seethe from some Celtic fans is about to arrive!

Forgetting of course that they as a club have played many more times at Hampden than Hearts at Murrayfield! 

There will however,  I think be a few that might fancy a trip elsewhere to play the semi for some variety.  Might even make some more of them more interested in  attending so they can say they were there when this (more than likely thanks to how shite the organisers are in Scotland) happened in history!

Unless the twats in charge make it a 2am kick off or something.

Just now, geddyalexneil said:

Forgetting of course that they as a club have played many more times at Hampden than Hearts at Murrayfield! 

And of course played in the Scottish Cup final at Hampden when they'd used it as their home stadium for that whole season.

51 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The Hearts game will be played at Hampden and Rangers v Aberdeen at Murrayfield. 

Calling it now. 

The scary thing is our football authorities are that bloody stupid that could happen!

Please however don't give them any ideas!

35 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

So it's taken over a week for the organisation the other side of the corridor to decide the invariable contract is actually variable?

Scottish football. Seriously.

Sounds like Hampden decided to make a concession over the PR debacle. A welcome bit of common sense imo. The SPFL can't win, they negotiate a better deal for everyone and they're still getting slagged off.

Archived