Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

1 minute ago, The OP said:

Most bitter diddy post ever?

Since when is wanting a more even playing field in a neutral semi final "bitter diddy patter"?

I know it doesn't fit with the sense of entitlement that OF supporters have since they're so used to clubs and authorities bending over and taking it, but some folk actually think it should be a thing.

Every neutral game should be as neutral as possible. Which means one 50/50 split.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Since when is wanting a more even playing field in a neutral semi final "bitter diddy patter"?

I know it doesn't fit with the sense of entitlement that OF supporters have since they're so used to clubs and authorities bending over and taking it, but some folk actually think it should be a thing.

Every neutral game should be as neutral as possible. Which means one 50/50 split.

So basically you want at least one fifth of a stadium to lie empty when demand outstrips supply because you think more people shouting at one end will tip the balance? Despite the fact that we have in recent years beaten Rangers and Aberdeen twice each (and horsed each on one occasion) with a 50/50 split and lost various games where we outnumber the opposition supporters about 2 to 1?

You’re a moron and your moronic moronity is going to cost Hearts tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds. Maybe you don’t want them challenging for the title because you like the status quo where you can posture sanctimoniously from a high horse but by gum I do. Scottish football needs a strong Hearts.

42 minutes ago, The OP said:

So basically you want at least one fifth of a stadium to lie empty when demand outstrips supply because you think more people shouting at one end will tip the balance? Despite the fact that we have in recent years beaten Rangers and Aberdeen twice each (and horsed each on one occasion) with a 50/50 split and lost various games where we outnumber the opposition supporters about 2 to 1?

You’re a moron and your moronic moronity is going to cost Hearts tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds. Maybe you don’t want them challenging for the title because you like the status quo where you can posture sanctimoniously from a high horse but by gum I do. Scottish football needs a strong Hearts.

What allocation did Hearts get for Kevin Bridges?

Anything other than a 50/50 split will be ridiculous. Having 'neutral' games in the city of two of the clubs, with the difficult kick off times making it harder for Hearts and Aberdeen fans to attend, shouldn't also give Celtic and Rangers fans the chance to get more than their fair share of tickets.

I also think Aberdeen should demand the same end of Hampden as we've had for the past few years. We've played more games there than Rangers recently so it's no more of a 'Rangers' end than it is an 'Aberdeen' end.

13 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Anything other than a 50/50 split will be ridiculous. Having 'neutral' games in the city of two of the clubs, with the difficult kick off times making it harder for Hearts and Aberdeen fans to attend, shouldn't also give Celtic and Rangers fans the chance to get more than their fair share of tickets.

I also think Aberdeen should demand the same end of Hampden as we've had for the past few years. We've played more games there than Rangers recently so it's no more of a 'Rangers' end than it is an 'Aberdeen' end.

It's tickets for seats that will lie empty otherwise and (unlike with other clubs) the tickets will be going to season ticket holders who go every second week. Honestly, I can't believe how selfish some people can be when it comes to football (unless, for example, Aberdeen got into a Scottish Cup final against Gretna). 

Or, real world example, that time Aberdeen took 40,000 supporters to Parkhead when in the interest of fairness they should have had 30,000 max. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45713971

Nice trolling from us because no-one believes we would get a 50/50 split and if we did, no-one believes wewould sell out.

I think it's very well played by the club. Make a huge fuss over something they probably knew wasn't going to change (kick off time) but use it to make it more difficult to deny the club 50% of the tickets.

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I think it's very well played by the club. Make a huge fuss over something they probably knew wasn't going to change (kick off time) but use it to make it more difficult to deny the club 50% of the tickets.

Which we won't sell but will enjoy the whinging from Rangers fans. 

It's tickets for seats that will lie empty otherwise and (unlike with other clubs) the tickets will be going to season ticket holders who go every second week. Honestly, I can't believe how selfish some people can be when it comes to football (unless, for example, Aberdeen got into a Scottish Cup final against Gretna). 
Or, real world example, that time Aberdeen took 40,000 supporters to Parkhead when in the interest of fairness they should have had 30,000 max. 

Normally I’d agree with you here. In general it should be 50/50 split up until the point that one side can’t sell an allocation then it should be handed over.

However, on this occasion I wouldn’t be totally averse to sending the SPFL a message with a number of seats lying empty because of their handling of this.

Under normal circumstances yes, but they have put these two games at times which are massively inconvenient for Aberdeen (and Hearts) supporters. If fewer seats in the Aberdeen allocation are sold then the blame for that lies squarely with the SPFL. They can't demand we get to Glasgow early, then when fans refuse use that as an excuse to give the establishment two extra seats.

Apparently the mysterious contract that states certain games must be played at Hampden also specifies that a semi final between Ayr and Kilmarnock must be played at Hampden.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's been covered on here so many times, but it really is bizarre that Hampden has designated ends for two teams at a neutral venue. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently the mysterious contract that states certain games must be played at Hampden also specifies that a semi final between Ayr and Kilmarnock must be played at Hampden.

Well it's been applied 100% by the book so far.

Archived