Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

I have already said on the quarter final thread against the saints if Celtic are to lose a trophy i hope it's this one,the football will take care of itself.
It's not an entitlement to have a ballot it should be done in fairness,the hearts and sevco fans travelling is not an issue for the police,so stop making excuses.

Have you not read this thread. In a nutshell if hearts game is in the capital that means only 2 sets of fans have to travel. If hearts game in Glasgow that means 3 sets of fans travel. The rail authorities and the police think its best to be able to control 2 sets of travelling fans than 3. Its a 1 off circumstance that affect Celtic. But is it not a bit fairer that you get to play earlier. That way your travelling fans from Ireland can get home at a reasonable time.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sure someone else will have covered this as I’m 255 posts behind but didn’t Celtic chase the queens coin a couple of years ago and rent out their stadium for the Commonwealth Games and then choose to move their friendly games to Murrayfield? Where was the concern for their fans at that time?

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m sure someone else will have covered this as I’m 255 posts behind but didn’t Celtic chase the queens coin a couple of years ago and rent out their stadium for the Commonwealth Games and then choose to move their friendly games to Murrayfield? Where was the concern for their fans at that time?

and champions league qualifiers

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No so why does the Aberdeen v sevco game get priority to stay at Hampden?

That game was originally scheduled for the Sunday (second tie oot the hat/glass jar/whatever).  The Hearts/Celtic game was supposed to be played on the Saturday. You lot won't play on the Saturday so your game needs to be moved to another date. For various, already discussed reasons the alternative date chosen for your rearranged game  is the Sunday. Unfortunately the other SF was already scheduled at Hampden for then so an alternative stadium has been sought and found. Why should the aberdeen/rangers game have to move  just because celtic can't make their original date??

5 minutes ago, Buccanarab said:

That game was originally scheduled for the Sunday (second tie oot the hat/glass jar/whatever).  The Hearts/Celtic game was supposed to be played on the Saturday. You lot won't play on the Saturday so your game needs to be moved to another date. For various, already discussed reasons the alternative date chosen for your rearranged game  is the Sunday. Unfortunately the other SF was already scheduled at Hampden for then so an alternative stadium has been sought and found. Why should the aberdeen/rangers game have to move  just because celtic can't make their original date??

You may not be being serious here but I’ve seen it repeated a few times; the notion that first out the hat means that games gets played on the Saturday is nonsense.

The authorities set the dates to suit logistics and TV. No ballots required, the authorities just decide.

The fairness is in the act of removing any unnecessary potential of the  bulk of two sets of supporters meeting, by ensuring that doesn’t happen. And that is by having the Hearts match at Murrayfield.

Exactly.

If the draw was Celtic v Aberdeen and Rangers v Hearts the latter would have been moved to Murrayfield.

...but it wasn’t.

Really unfair that Celtic have to play at all and aren't just awarded the trophy.

The Specials should release a song about brave Celtic and how they're fighting so bravely against the oppression, injustice and authority conspiracy.

#Something inside so strong 

The sooner the SPFL and the rest of us in general just admit to the fact that this decision was a giant GIRFUY to Celtic and their supporters for the sole reason they're Catholic the better imo........

3 hours ago, Hughsie said:

You may not be being serious here but I’ve seen it repeated a few times; the notion that first out the hat means that games gets played on the Saturday is nonsense.

The authorities set the dates to suit logistics and TV. No ballots required, the authorities just decide.

Nah was being serious, thought I'd seen Craig Levein mention it but it would appear that it was just a joke that went way over my head. I'll just go hide in the background again until my ill informed comment is buried a few pages deep :whistle

I would imagine that Hearts will get the South and East stands as that will make it easier to control the segregation. Makes more sense as the majority of the Celtic support will be having to make that arduous trip along the M8 so the West and North stands would be the logical place to put them.
Then again this is the SPFL so logic will play no part in the process.

37 minutes ago, Kmeister said:

I would imagine that Hearts will get the South and East stands as that will make it easier to control the segregation. Makes more sense as the majority of the Celtic support will be having to make that arduous trip along the M8 so the West and North stands would be the logical place to put them.
Then again this is the SPFL so logic will play no part in the process.

No as it's in Edinburgh Hearts should get the Hearts end no matter what. Precedents and all that.

No as it's in Edinburgh Hearts should get the Hearts end no matter what. Precedents and all that.
When Murrayfield was our home we did have the South and East stands.
As long as we get the "home" dressing room and Celtic have to get changed in the car park then all will be well.

9 hours ago, sjc said:

The sooner the SPFL and the rest of us in general just admit to the fact that this decision was a giant GIRFUY to Celtic and their supporters for the sole reason they're Catholic the better imo........

The SPFL doing their duty and making sure the two proddy teams get to play their games in their home cities.

4 hours ago, thisal said:

Quite right. I'm surprised Celtic are getting 50% of the tickets, to be honest. They should be thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

SPFL appear to have extricated themselves from the possibility of a repeat "double date" at Hampden by doing the sensible thing, and moving next season's League Cup SFs back a week... We can't have 2 clubs in the Champions League groupstage - and even if we did they shouldn't both play on the Tuesday - so no possibility of both SFs having to be on a Saturday, which is now the first weekend in November not the last weekend in October.

Final has also moved back a week - which means it will now be 2 weeks later than when they first moved it into 'autumn' in 2016 - and will be played on Saturday 7th or Sunday 8th December. If the Saturday presumably it'd be a lunchtime or evening kickoff? Moving it back again means it cannot be on the Sunday if the Premiership winner has a CL groupstage game on the Tuesday.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/key-dates-for-201920

Dates for the earlier rounds are all the same as this season - including R2 on a weekend.

Similarly dates for league games and playoffs - except the SPFL2/LL/HL playoff final 1st leg is now on a Sunday

Archived