Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy enough with the rescheduling. 

Although paranoia about pandering to the Glasgow clubs is absolute tosh, they were clearly just trying to save money. Im guessing now the SRU have made a pretty penny given they knew they had the SPFL over a barrel with the hysteria. They should have provisonally booked Murrayfield before the draw and would have got it for cheaper and not had the bullshit that we have had since the draw.

Just now, gannonball said:

Happy enough with the rescheduling. 

Although paranoia about pandering to the Glasgow clubs is absolute tosh, they were clearly just trying to save money. Im guessing now the SRU have made a pretty penny given they knew they had the SPFL over a barrel with the hysteria. They should have provisonally booked Murrayfield before the draw and would have got it for cheaper and not had the bullshit that we have had since the draw.

christ, lets hope you are never in charge of anything

Whilst I agree that the SPFL finally came to the right decision in terms of which game to switch to Murrayfield and the KO time for logistical reasons, I can understand Celtic being a bit peeved by the nonsensical process taken in achieving the decision.

Don't agree with the thinking that this is effectively a home game for Hearts given that Celtic have also used the stadium for home games in recent years. They also ignore the fact that Celtic used Hampden for an entire season AND played the Cup Final that season there against Airdrie.

Whilst I agree that the SPFL finally came to the right decision in terms of which game to switch to Murrayfield and the KO time for logistical reasons, I can understand Celtic being a bit peeved by the nonsensical process taken in achieving the decision.
Don't agree with the thinking that this is effectively a home game for Hearts given that Celtic have also used the stadium for home games in recent years. They also ignore the fact that Celtic used Hampden for an entire season AND played the Cup Final that season there against Airdrie.

They also ignore the fact that Celtic played at Hampden as many times as Hearts played at Murrayfield last season, 3 of the 4 Celtic games being more recent than Hearts’ last game at Murrayfield.

They also ignore the fact that Celtic played at Hampden as many times as Hearts played at Murrayfield last season, 3 of the 4 Celtic games being more recent than Hearts’ last game at Murrayfield.

Would shudder to think how many times Celtic have played at hampden since hearts last did.

Given how much resistance there’s been from the powers that be towards using Murrayfield as a one off under exceptional circumstances where it clearly makes sense it seems safe to discard the idea that leaving Hampden on a permanent basis was ever under serious consideration.

On the plus side this debacle has made people take an interest in the League Cup for once

It's also interesting how the SPFL keep making excuses for this situation, saying it was outside their control etc. It all starts with the ridiculous planning of a League Cup SF weekend following a Europa League week. It wasn't that unlikely that 2 Scottish teams would make the group stage. With the way how the CL qualifiers were structured, it was always a difficult challenge for Celtic to make it, but with the way how the EL safety net for dropouts of the CL qualifiers champions path is structured now, it's quite likely for them to end up in the EL group stage instead. Obviously, Rangers reaching the EL group stage wasn't expected. I didn't expect it and neither did any of the Rangers fans I know. But there were 3 Scottish clubs in the EL qualifiers, there is always a reasonable chance that one of them has a good run of form and/or incredible luck with the draw.

Not taking into account the possibility of 2 Scottish clubs getting to the EL group stage is what caused all this and that's all down to the SPFL's incompetence of the scheduling before the season started...

I know this isn’t going to add much to the debate, but here goes. Doncaster is a fanny and I couldn’t give a fcuk about these semi finals or the moaning of Rodgers, Levein or McInnes about the kick off times, the dates, the venues, or the relative quality of the bog paper in both Hampden and Murrayfield.

The most annoying thing to me about this whole affair is that of the four semi finalists, the Sevco Franchise Sports Direct Works XI appear to have done very little moaning about the whole thing, which is annoying the shit out of me. I hate it when they don’t act normally and give me further cause to despise the chunts.

Poor show Dave King and Stevie G, very poor. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would shudder to think how many times Celtic have played at hampden since hearts last did.

15 by my reckoning

Sun 27 Jan 2013: League Cup Semi, Saint Mirren 2 - 3 Hearts

1. Sat 13 Apr 2013: Scottish Cup Semi, Dundee United 3 - 4 Celtic
  2. Sun 26 May 2013: Scottish Cup Final, Hibs 0 - 3 Celtic
  3. Sun 01 Feb 2015: League Cup Semi, Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic
  4. Sun 15 Mar 2015: League Cup Final, Dundee United 0 - 2 Celtic
  5. Sat 18 Apr 2015: Scottish Cup Semi, Inverness 3 - 2 Celtic
  6. Sun 31 Jan 2016: League Cup Semi, Ross County 3 - 1 Celtic
  7. Sun 17 Apr 2016: Scottish Cup Semi, Rangers 2 - 2 Celtic (rangers on pens)
  8. Sun 23 Oct 2016: League Cup Semi, Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic
  9. Sun 27 Nov 2016: League Cup Final, Aberdee 0 - 3 Celtic
  10. Sun 23 Apr 2017: Scottish Cup Semi, Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic
  11. Sat 27 May 2017: Scottish Cup Final, Aberdee 1 - 2 Celtic
  12. Sat 21 Oct 2017: League Cup Semi, Hibs 2 - 4 Celtic
  13. Sun 26 Nov 2017: League Cup Final, Motherwell 0 - 2 Celtic
  14. Sat 14 Apr 2018: Scottish Cup Semi, Rangers 0 - 4 Celtic
  15. Thu 19 Apr 2018: Scottish Cup Semi, Motherwell 0 - 2 Celtic

Archived